The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #621
CyberCubed
Overlord

Not that I remember, I don't think so.

I was at least hoping for one Batman reference though. Michael Keaton should have told Peter, "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

I would have cheered.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:03 PM   #622
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Or some comment about Spidey being home washing his tights.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:59 PM   #623
CyberCubed
Overlord

I bet most kids watching this movie have no idea Michael Keaton was Batman. They'll probably be so shocked seeing Keaton as an evil father threatening to kill Peter in this movie, and then go back to the old Batman movie and seeing him as Bruce Wayne fighting The Joker. There should have been at least one Batman reference, but I guess since this was a Marvel movie they couldn't do that anyway.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #624
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I'm still waiting for a decent Green Goblin to show up in the future Spider-Man movies (along with a good Mysterio actor.)

An idea would be to have a CG mask that 'copies' the actor's facial expressions. That could work since the mocap and CG animation for our buddy Smeagol was handled well for LOTR.

An CG Gil Kane or an Alex Ross style Goblin mask could be really awesome.

Spoilers are in place due to some huge images.

Gil Kane Style Green Goblin..
Spoiler:

The Alex Ross version of the Mean Greenie..
Spoiler:

Also, I actually enjoyed Dafoe's Goblin in the Sam Rami Spider-Man movie, even though the costume and mask that he wore, did cause some upset among the Spider-Man fans.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:38 PM   #625
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
He worked for me. Comic Vulture isn't a complex character either. The only time he was interesting was when he was in the f*cking nursing home.
Yeah, I just loved the dichotomy of him being a blue collar villain all while Peter is trying to become an Avenger and learning that he's meant to be a street level guy and look out for the little guy.

MCU was the perfect setting for him too. He would have been lame one Raimi or Webb-verse. There's all these catastrophic events that have happened for him to "vulture" the scrap from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Did he say exactly that? I recall him saying that he'd avoided the FBI for that long.
Found the quote: "Eight years. Not a word from the feds, nothing from those Halloween costume wearing bozos up there over at Stark Tower. And then all of a sudden, this little bastard in red tights shows up, and he thinks he can tear down everything I've built."

So you can assume that he used to be a wage slave, went into business for himself 4 years before Battle of New York and did alright, Feds tripped him up, 4 lucrative years of black market sales.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:08 PM   #626
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

No he specifically meant 8 years since the New York invasion. He was already in business before that. It was the Feds who basically shut him down. We already know it was supposedly 8 years between Avengers 1 and Homecoming. Spidey came REALLY late to the hero biz..... He was talking about it being 8 years since the Feds had taken over the salvage and cleanup of the alien tech- though it WAS strange that they had not gone after his operation when he started stealing the tech. Maybe they were just good at operating under their radar. Then again, they WERE pretty busy dealing with Hydra and the Civil War.....

Old 07-29-2017, 02:10 PM   #627
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I really think they just forgot to change the line to 5/6 years rather than 8... because it's definitely not 2020 in Spider-Man: Homecoming
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #628
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
No he specifically meant 8 years since the New York invasion. He was already in business before that. It was the Feds who basically shut him down. We already know it was supposedly 8 years between Avengers 1 and Homecoming. Spidey came REALLY late to the hero biz..... He was talking about it being 8 years since the Feds had taken over the salvage and cleanup of the alien tech- though it WAS strange that they had not gone after his operation when he started stealing the tech. Maybe they were just good at operating under their radar. Then again, they WERE pretty busy dealing with Hydra and the Civil War.....
I know what he meant. I'm talking about making the dialogue work when you ignore the bunk timestamps. If you follow Agents of Shield (and the MCU timeline as a whole), you know Avengers was in 2012, and Civil War was 4 years later in 2016. Which in turn puts Homecoming in 2016. They just effed it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I really think they just forgot to change the line to 5/6 years rather than 8... because it's definitely not 2020 in Spider-Man: Homecoming
Apparently the junior novelization said 5 years. Also the file on Gambino's character had his DOB and age lining up to place it in 2017. Still wrong, but closer at least.

I read an article saying that it probably all hinged on the fact that Liz was 17 and the movie opens with Toomes holding a drawing clearly made by a child. I guess they really wanted to credit the art to 9 year old Liz rather than 13 year old Liz.

And they still screwed up the 2 months later tag.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:34 PM   #629
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Actually the 2016 date would be about right since that was when the movie was produced. You are probably confusing the release year with the production year. It was still 2016 when it was in production, so that actually lines up right. Hence why it was Homecoming, which would take place in the late summer/early fall. And yeah, she would have been much younger, so good catch with the drawing. I had almost forgotten that detail. If it had been set this year it would have had to be their prom or something. Because Homecoming 2017 is still a few months away.....

Old 07-29-2017, 06:41 PM   #630
ToTheNines
[sic]

I don't understand. I'm arguing that it is 2016. Just a few months after Civil War, also set in 2016.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:51 PM   #631
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There should have been at least one Batman reference, but I guess since this was a Marvel movie they couldn't do that anyway.
There was a Batman reference.

Spoiler:
During the first fight with Vulture, right after he drops Peter in the lake, Vulture goes up and spreads his wings in front of the moon in a very Batlogo-like pose.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:33 AM   #632
Shark_Blade
Emperor

You know I'm real proud of the Batman Returns actors:

Keaton went from Batman (hero) to the Vulture (villain), and Michelle Pfeiffer went from Catwoman (villain) to the Wasp (hero) for the upcoming Antman movie. They have such vast ranges/ability to act.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:11 AM   #633
ToTheNines
[sic]

Old 07-30-2017, 09:28 AM   #634
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
You know I'm real proud of the Batman Returns actors:

Keaton went from Batman (hero) to the Vulture (villain), and Michelle Pfeiffer went from Catwoman (villain) to the Wasp (hero) for the upcoming Antman movie. They have such vast ranges/ability to act.
Pfeiffer is playing Hank's wife? Noiiiiice!

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:03 AM   #635
Vegita-San
Emperor

is the spiderman drop off considered good? I thought it only came out two weeks ago and it's already fifth?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #636
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Screenwriters Address Uncle Ben's Absence And Whether Aunt May Will Date

In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, Spider-Man: Homecoming's Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley tell the magazine that what appears on screen in the Jon Watts directed superhero film is closer to their version of the script, despite a host of other writers also receiving writing credits on the film. They also answer a number of questions, including whether there was ever a version of the script that explicitly referenced Uncle Ben.

Daley stated, "We did talk about there being a scene where [May] references him directly. It was when [Peter] was getting ready for homecoming and the wardrobe she was giving Peter was all Uncle Ben’s clothes. It was a nice moment, but we also knew that it veered away from his arc. If you’re going to talk about someone’s death, you don’t want it to be a throwaway."

One of the ideas they also had that didn't make the final cut was that Marisa Tomei's Aunt May would be dating in Homecoming. That's a development that could show up in the sequel according to Goldstein.

"In an early draft we actually even had her dating a guy, and part of her relationship with Peter was this inappropriate frankness. It didn’t make the cut, but I could see in the sequel she could get a boyfriend. She doesn’t have to be a mourning widow."
Another demonstration of how far off-base these guys are in their thinking about Pete's relationship with Ben and May.

Good God, what if they bring Phil Coulson back into the MCU? What if they mimic the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and pair Phil and May up? O_O
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:41 AM   #637
Vegita-San
Emperor

it's a fricken super hero movie. i'm sure the core audience is just dying to know who the hell aunt may is going to date next...

smh.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:53 AM   #638
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
it's a fricken super hero movie. i'm sure the core audience is just dying to know who the hell aunt may is going to date next...

smh.
In a particularly funny note, she's presently engaged to the Mole Man in the Spidey newspaper comics, so she's up for anything really
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:48 AM   #639
CyberCubed
Overlord

Tom Holland wants Tobey Maguire to play Uncle Ben in the sequel. I'd laugh so hard if it happens.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:24 PM   #640
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Ew, I'd rather Andrew Garfield who's better looking + a better actor.

I don't mind Aunt May dating, it's pretty normal. We all love a milf.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cubedagesquickly, cuck_blade, homecucking, iron man 7, spider-cuck, spider-man