The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #101
THGhost
Puppet Master

Seth Green Leo voice preview & Nickelodeon haul - Black Nerd Comedy

Love him or hate him, Black Nerd Comedy has done it again. Enjoy!

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #102
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

No offense, dude, but that clip was released a while back already.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #103
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
No offense, dude, but that clip was released a while back already.
My bad. I didn't see a thread for it. Some people may like dedicated threads for specific subjects instead of having to slog through various pages of other and longer threads though. So you're welcome.

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Last edited by THGhost; 10-03-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #104
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Aww that's cool.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #105
Warhorse
Emperor

So, I wonder, are they going to have some episode with Leo and April, where it has a bit of an easteregg to Buffy, The Vampire Slayer? Considering Seth was on there as a werewolf, and Buffy talked for April in the 2007 movie?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #106
neatoman
Emperor

So I finally found this thread, might as well share my feelings on this guy.

I have... Mixed feelings about André, he does seem pretty level headed and calm which is a really good quality if you're going to be an internet personality. I very rarely get the idea that he dislikes things just because it's not quite what he wanted or expected, and if he does dislike something for those reasons he's still honest about it.
But at times... Yeah he can be a little annoying at times, and when it comes to his turtle videos it does bother me a bit when he credits some things that were in the first movie to the first movie, even when it was in the comics. Like I know how when he makes the recap of the latest episode, he will credit the farmhouse idea to the movie, despite it being one of the most easily recognisable things from the comics.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #107
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Like I know how when he makes the recap of the latest episode, he will credit the farmhouse idea to the movie, despite it being one of the most easily recognisable things from the comics.
He ain't the only one! Not everyone has read the comics, what a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syb3rStrife View Post
The farmhouse and bathtub scenes were a wonderful homage to the first movie

Old 10-05-2014, 05:32 AM   #108
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
He ain't the only one! Not everyone has read the comics, what a surprise.
I know, it's just that for a guy who is a big turtles fan, he doesn't quite seem as familiar with the franchise as a whole as he probably should be. I mean I live across the atlantic and could not get my greasy foreign hands on the comics until IDW started reprinting the series, so I've only been able to read these comics for about 1-2 years now and even I seem to know more about them than he does. Maybe he doesn't know how easy they are to get now or something? I've heard he has read some of it, but I don't know how much and what parts...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #109
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I know, it's just that for a guy who is a big turtles fan, he doesn't quite seem as familiar with the franchise as a whole as he probably should be. I mean I live across the atlantic and could not get my greasy foreign hands on the comics until IDW started reprinting the series, so I've only been able to read these comics for about 1-2 years now and even I seem to know more about them than he does. Maybe he doesn't know how easy they are to get now or something? I've heard he has read some of it, but I don't know how much and what parts...
Well, maybe due to the fact that the farm house is April's family's house instead of Casey's, he was thinking the premise was ripping right from the movie. And in a lot of scenes, it seems to be that way, what with Leo in the bathtub, April saying "Raph kept a constant vigil over Leo" that was said in the movie, but the roles were reversed. And then the whole Mikey with the Old Mcdonald and straw hat, that also was ripped directly from the movie, not the comics. And most people would have watched the movie than read the comics, so it's just easier to use that as the basis.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #110
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Well, maybe due to the fact that the farm house is April's family's house instead of Casey's, he was thinking the premise was ripping right from the movie. And in a lot of scenes, it seems to be that way, what with Leo in the bathtub, April saying "Raph kept a constant vigil over Leo" that was said in the movie, but the roles were reversed. And then the whole Mikey with the Old Mcdonald and straw hat, that also was ripped directly from the movie, not the comics. And most people would have watched the movie than read the comics, so it's just easier to use that as the basis.
^ This. Movies are far more accessible than comics. Andre has since gone on record saying that he's not a fan of the 2K3 series, which is very loyal to the original comics. So it's understandable that he hasn't read them. Last I heard, he has a few issues of the the IDW comics and likes them a lot.

Even more people are saying that they loved Within the Woods' references to the 1990 movie now.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #111
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Doesn't this belong in the fan works section or something? Why are people treating his videos as if they are official Nick TMNT videos? Might as well open the floodgates and let everyone post all their videos up in in here.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #112
ernesth100
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Doesn't this belong in the fan works section or something? Why are people treating his videos as if they are official Nick TMNT videos? Might as well open the floodgates and let everyone post all their videos up in in here.
Dude, relax it's not the end of the world.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:53 AM   #113
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesth100 View Post
Dude, relax it's not the end of the world.
I am relaxed. Just wondering why this is here and not in the fanworks section. I mean, I love TMNT Gaiden as much as the next guy, but we don't see that series posted in General Discussion.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #114
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
I am relaxed. Just wondering why this is here and not in the fanworks section. I mean, I love TMNT Gaiden as much as the next guy, but we don't see that series posted in General Discussion.
Maybe because it's Black Nerd, and he is a pretty big advocate for the Nick show, and has even gotten to interview the Nick cast, so placing this in the Nick Cartoon Forums is perfectly reasonable.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #115
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Maybe because it's Black Nerd, and he is a pretty big advocate for the Nick show, and has even gotten to interview the Nick cast, so placing this in the Nick Cartoon Forums is perfectly reasonable.
Still considered fanworks. He's not exactly working for Nick.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #116
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Still considered fanworks. He's not exactly working for Nick.
Actually, Nick is inviting him all of the time to see their stuff, so, don't be so surprised if he is indeed a secret employee under Nick. Besides, I don't go to the fan section, how the hell am I supposed to know Black Nerd did an interview with Rob Paulsen if it's stuck in the fan fic section? No matter what, Rpb Paulsen, comic cons and anything discussing the Nick toon, should in fact be in the Nick thread! Get over it. It's done.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #117
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Don't have a cow. I was only asking.

While I don't care about the videos (I do like the news and updates I just don't care about his take on them) it's gotta be super awesome to be invited by Nick themselves to see exclusive stuff though. That's pretty cool.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #118
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Actually, Nick is inviting him all of the time to see their stuff, so, don't be so surprised if he is indeed a secret employee under Nick.
Hilarious. He's nothing more than one of those annoying youtube personalities that think they're some sort of celebrity. The fact that he posts videos about TMNT shouldn't take away from that.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #119
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I do wonder why nick or other major companies cater to these YouTube e-famers. Like when angry Joe and the irate gamer get exclusive e3 footage and interviews. I wonder how they pull it off?

Old 10-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #120
THGhost
Puppet Master

I'm not the one that merged all the BNC threats into one giant thread and left it in the Nick section. So I don't know why it's here, didn't realise there was a fan section.

At least try to stay on-topic though. We're supposed to be discussing the news in BNC videos, not him personally.