The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-26-2015, 07:19 PM   #41
rocklobster13
Random Punk

As for finding the missing strips...

I fear that I've sort of exhausted my resources as far as parsing through the archives that I have access to.

Personally, unless some new lead surfaces, I think that our best chance of completing the collection is if someone has access to a large archive of massachussetts newspapers (I unfortunately, am on the other side of the country...and not many of those papers are in the online archives that I know of) and is willing to do some searching. I know that the Boston public library has a large microfilm collection. Perhaps someone could start there?
rocklobster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:02 PM   #42
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

Thanks for the update. Come on' New Englanders, one of you has to pull through for the TMNT Community and hook Rocklobster up!

What about UK fans, the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles also had a newspaper comic strip apparently, that started a year before the US one, at least that's what Comics Revue #58 (the first issue to feature the US TMNT Newspaper strip) said. I'm curious about those strips, and if they ever worked them back into the US weekly at all.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:23 PM   #43
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Any news on this topic?
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:45 PM   #44
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
Any news on this topic?
I've been downloading the ones already available and organizing them by arc, with the gag ones in chronological order. Might give them to TMNT Entity for review. Would like to access some of the extant archives out there.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #45
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklobster13 View Post
As for the other years, here is my latest count of the strips that I do NOT have:

93: missing 11 weekday, 29 saturdays, 20 sundays
94: missing 2 weekday, pretty much all the weekend strips
95: missing 107 weekday, pretty much all weekend strips
96: missing 208 weekday, pretty much all weekend strips.
Recent interest in these strips reminds me I'm so close to Forbes Library I should just double-check their microfiche records the next time I'm there. (hopefully I can remember how microfiche works, it's been 15 years...) Maybe whoever you spoke to on the phone there missed the strip, or maybe it's in some other smaller publication they have? Worth a shot. I'll try to focus on these dates in particular. Realistically won't get to this til after X-mas but I'll keep y'all posted!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #46
Duke
Mad Scientist

Can anyone post a link to the comic strips they have? Preferably saved as individual .gif files like the ones that used to be hosted on the TMNT website.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #47
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
Can anyone post a link to the comic strips they have? Preferably saved as individual .gif files like the ones that used to be hosted on the TMNT website.
On the first page of this thread there are multiple links.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:32 AM   #48
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

I would love a collection too...

And let's not forget UK own newspaper strip!
Here is a short discussion about it.
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #49
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
On the first page of this thread there are multiple links.
Thanks! I had actually already downloaded those before I posted. I was specifically looking for individual files instead of .cbr files but Google helped me figure out how to decompile them all back into individual .gif files.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:14 PM   #50
Duke
Mad Scientist

So I downloaded all the collections but it appears to me that there is a gap between the end of the second collection - Strips #247-330 and the third collection Strips #331-524. The last strip of the second collection is dated 3-13 (1992 by my count) and the first strip of the third collection is dated 5-11 (again I believe 1992). Does anyone have the strips in this gap?
Old 12-20-2017, 08:16 PM   #51
funatic
Mad Scientist

I feel like the interested parties may have long since left these forums, but to whoever's still listening... Found myself in Noho with time to kill today so I took the plunge into the microfilm database at the library and I can confirm that the strip did not run in the Gazette for the dates we're missing. I even checked earlier dates where it would be more likely but it seemingly didn't run at all in the Gazette (they had kind of a sorry comics section). Unfortunately that's the only newspaper on record at that particular library but this has sparked my interest to explore a bit further down the road and explore UMass Amherst's extensive database of other local papers: http://guides.library.umass.edu/newspapers Maybe Peter Laird's alma mater will be the key!? In any case this will finally give me the excuse to see these sculptures in person: https://www.umass.edu/gateway/feature/cowabunga
Old 12-20-2017, 09:40 PM   #52
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
I feel like the interested parties may have long since left these forums, but to whoever's still listening... Found myself in Noho with time to kill today so I took the plunge into the microfilm database at the library and I can confirm that the strip did not run in the Gazette for the dates we're missing. I even checked earlier dates where it would be more likely but it seemingly didn't run at all in the Gazette (they had kind of a sorry comics section). Unfortunately that's the only newspaper on record at that particular library but this has sparked my interest to explore a bit further down the road and explore UMass Amherst's extensive database of other local papers: http://guides.library.umass.edu/newspapers Maybe Peter Laird's alma mater will be the key!? In any case this will finally give me the excuse to see these sculptures in person: https://www.umass.edu/gateway/feature/cowabunga
I am totally still interested. Maybe if somebody gets a big subscription to Newspapers.com we can really start doing the elimination process on which papers carried the strip into its late run.

Happy microfilm hunting! Sounds like UMass Amherst is a great trip for a TMNT fan!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:53 PM   #53
Duke
Mad Scientist

FYI: For anyone still working on this the two strips named "12_23_95" and "12_30_95" in the "TMNT Strips 1995-1996 via Wayback Machine (incomplete)" folder are actually the comic strips for those dates in 1994.

12/23/1995 & 12/30/1995 are Saturdays.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:28 AM   #54
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Don't remember why I deleted them but a long time ago I had put the 1st and 2nd story arcs 5 strips on 1 page to read easier.

1st arc:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gvbixz...+%281x5%29.cbz

2nd arc:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hzzve8...+%281x5%29.cbz

3rd Arc was missing some strips in the archive but Rich posted his scrapbook and put those in order. I'll post that whenever; forgot the fanart green tip pages.
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:36 PM   #55
Duke
Mad Scientist

I've got a Christmas present for everyone. I finally found these on an old harddrive and wanted to share with everyone.
Complete 1996 Weekday (Monday through Friday) Comic Strip Run
Old 12-23-2017, 02:33 AM   #56
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I've got a Christmas present for everyone. I finally found these on an old harddrive and wanted to share with everyone.
Complete 1996 Weekday (Monday through Friday) Comic Strip Run
So is that the end? Thanks!

Quote:
So I downloaded all the collections but it appears to me that there is a gap between the end of the second collection - Strips #247-330 and the third collection Strips #331-524. The last strip of the second collection is dated 3-13 (1992 by my count) and the first strip of the third collection is dated 5-11 (again I believe 1992). Does anyone have the strips in this gap?
Here's the 3rd part with the missing ones don't know it that's the full part and 4-24 is missing. Not going to photoshop it cause don't want to remove Rich's watermark. I'll photoshop it if he posts it without the watermark
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5vwr7...missinglaz.cbz
Old 12-23-2017, 03:49 AM   #57
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Thanks!
Yet some strips are missing for me in this 3rd file.
Am I the only one with this issue?
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:29 AM   #58
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
Thanks!
Yet some strips are missing for me in this 3rd file.
Am I the only one with this issue?
They're in there. just checked. Extract the file and rename
01 #08 to #19
03 #11 to #15
03 #25 to #29
04 #15 to #26
11 #11 to #15

gif to .jpg they have the wrong extension

EDIT: Went ahead and did the 3rd story arc part 1 merging 5 strips per page for easier reading http://www.mediafire.com/file/c2hg18...+%281x5%29.cbz

It's a little cropped on the right side but whatever that took a long time and I'm not redoing it. And it ends on Christmas!

Last edited by Enscripture; 12-23-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:12 AM   #59
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscripture View Post
So is that the end? Thanks!
I believe so. Those are the last comic strips ever posted on the old Ninja Turtles website.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:21 AM   #60
funatic
Mad Scientist

So are there any we're still missing at this point?

Tags
newspaper strips