The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-11-2024, 09:46 PM   #1
ResidentEvil7
Foot Soldier

Anyone Here With Autism?

This topic is for anyone with autism, especially Asperger's, like me. I have been struggling my whole life with people and getting hired somewhere anywhere. I want to work at my local Best Buy when a position in the back warehouse opens up, which could be anytime, because I love tech and I want to learn and expand my knowledge of tech and about the company so I can later do one of my dream jobs of being a computer/home theater technician since I am good with my hands. I mean, before YouTube, I self-taught how to build and do basic repairs on an old Compaq Presario PC and it worked. I also taught myself how to do web design through my former provider Webs.com. I really love doing this kind of stuff.

Sorry for telling such a long story about myself, but does anyone on this site whom may be on the autism spectrum know what it takes to get a job and hold onto it? I'm even asking about assessment tests on the applications and interviews. I'm 41 and the only jobs I had was construction at my stepfather's business (painting and laboring) and election judging at my former county (Kane County, IL). I never gotten hired by any company; I came real close dozens of times, but it didn't work out.

My best friend's older brother worked as a porter at a car dealership and he says it's the worst job he's ever had, because of the abuse he takes every day and I said "I know." When I applied a few times for the same position elsewhere, the manager and employees were in-your-face hostile and abusive and after dealing with assholes in my school years, I REFUSE to go through it again.

So if there's anyone here whose on the spectrum can help or relate to me? I really much appreciate it.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote