The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-17-2016, 07:35 AM   #561
tmntlover
Random Punk

These are the best figures I've seen of the movies so accurate and I understand that some bits may be off but look at the smaller figures they look terrible in comparison I think I read it on a previous page that's because of licensing they could only do this size which makes sense as playmates have done the smaller figure ones.

So the release is end of October as on the Neca site it says November?
tmntlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:03 AM   #562
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntlover View Post
These are the best figures I've seen of the movies so accurate and I understand that some bits may be off but look at the smaller figures they look terrible in comparison I think I read it on a previous page that's because of licensing they could only do this size which makes sense as playmates have done the smaller figure ones.

So the release is end of October as on the Neca site it says November?
Randy said late October but prob only means on their ebay/amazon in late October, so at retailers most likely first or second week of November. I'll prob just suck it up and buy from their Amazon store cause I'm not sure if I can wait 2-3 weeks after NECA releases it for it to ship from Calendars.com but we'll see.
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #563
tmntlover
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho50501 View Post
Randy said late October but prob only means on their ebay/amazon in late October, so at retailers most likely first or second week of November. I'll prob just suck it up and buy from their Amazon store cause I'm not sure if I can wait 2-3 weeks after NECA releases it for it to ship from Calendars.com but we'll see.
Ahhh thanks so much for the info, has anybody had any info on accessories as I've seen some pics posted earlier of a different head sculpt that was in the process of being finished that had Donnies teeth showing and also the can of Ooze and pizza slice?
Old 09-17-2016, 10:27 AM   #564
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Ahhh thanks so much for the info, has anybody had any info on accessories as I've seen some pics posted earlier of a different head sculpt that was in the process of being finished that had Donnies teeth showing and also the can of Ooze and pizza slice?
From what was shown recently, Bo Staff,Extra Hands(not sure how many),Slice of Pizza,and Ooze canister.

I do hope one of the Turtles comes with an broken ooze canister.. Would be pretty neat.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:47 AM   #565
tmntlover
Random Punk

Quote:
From what was shown recently, Bo Staff,Extra Hands(not sure how many),Slice of Pizza,and Ooze canister.

I do hope one of the Turtles comes with an broken ooze canister.. Would be pretty neat.
Oh awesome I can't wait and a broken one would be awesome but definitely would be awesome with a splinter, obviously if they make a full line and I don't know if they were just prototypes but if you look in this picture you can see the different head sculpts.

Last edited by tmntlover; 09-17-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:36 PM   #566
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Here's the screen used suit... I think NECA did great and you only notice it on extreme close ups i think they did the right size IMO.. Once NECA shrinks these guys down to 7 inch the scales won't be as noticeable. It's not like your gonna be starting at the Turtles 9 inches away every day.
You've just proven me right. The size of the hexagonal scales is off on the toys, and too pronounced. it would look much better at half that scale.

Yes, these are hands down the greatest 90's figures we've had, and yes, I'd ALSO like silicone figs with all the bells and whistles. it would be nice to have miniature replicas.

This place is funny, "I'd like to have x" then, random user "NO! NOT ALLOWED!".

pffft. Ridiculous. Let folks dream a little?

Last edited by Commenter 42; 09-17-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:47 PM   #567
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
You've just proven me right. The size of the hexagonal scales is off on the toys, and too pronounced. it would look much better at half that scale.

http://i.imgur.com/1YbfxEx.jpg

Yes, these are hands down the greatest 90's figures we've had, and yes, I'd ALSO like silicone figs with all the bells and whistles. it would be nice to have miniature replicas.

This place is funny, "I'd like to have x" then, random user "NO! NOT ALLOWED!".

pffft. Ridiculous. Let folks dream a little?
I do agree that the scale should be smaller but not an deal breaker... But I'd rather much have them be plastic than silcone.... I want this to outlast me not rot in 5-6 years.... This why I'm glad Neca is doing them and NOT Hot Toys... They have an big obsession with rubberized bodies.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:48 PM   #568
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Oh awesome I can't wait and a broken one would be awesome but definitely would be awesome with a splinter, obviously if they make a full line and I don't know if they were just prototypes but if you look in this picture you can see the different head sculpts.

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/up...er-928x483.jpg
Randy said back in March on a Radio show that he wants to do Shredder and Splinter after the Turtles so it's very possible.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #569
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:

No those are the same
Old 09-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #570
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
I do agree that the scale should be smaller but not an deal breaker... But I'd rather much have them be plastic than silcone.... I want this to outlast me not rot in 5-6 years.... This why I'm glad Neca is doing them and NOT Hot Toys... They have an big obsession with rubberized bodies.
That's what i'm saying - i'll get these, yes. But I would like another, ultimate version.

Why not? it would be awesome! lol.
Silicone doesn't rot... latex rots. Silicone, in sunlight can be a problem, but only some types.
Some discussion here:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=22046
Old 09-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #571
Powder
So tired of this place

@Psycho50501

Click the "multi" tab on all of the posts you wish to reply to, except for the last one, on which you should just click "quote". That will group them all together. Alternately, use the edit feature.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:44 PM   #572
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That's what i'm saying - i'll get these, yes. But I would like another, ultimate version.

Why not? it would be awesome! lol.
Silicone doesn't rot... latex rots. Silicone, in sunlight can be a problem, but only some types.
Love the RPF!

I'm far from an expert on molding/casting, but it's never too late to learn. I know that some resins reduce size by set amounts. Reduce texture on NECA figs, mold, cast in shrinking resin, mold smaller version, build/install strong aluminum armature, cast body in silicone, cast shell in resin, learn how to paint. The ultimate TMNT 90 figures! Sounds like a fun project for next year!

Yes, these are THE BEST 1990 sculpts ever available-- now and more than likely in the distant future. I'm just picky. I have no other excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
@Psycho50501

Click the "multi" tab on all of the posts you wish to reply to, except for the last one, on which you should just click "quote". That will group them all together. Alternately, use the edit feature.
I've always wondered how the multi-quote feature worked. I never quite figured it out.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:45 PM   #573
tmntlover
Random Punk

Quote:
No those are the same
If you look close the closest one to the front has his teeth showing but the others from pictures like the pizza close up it doesn't. Look at this pic it's shut.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:16 PM   #574
Antrax
Hench Mutant

Quote:

That is Don's head on the left, Raph in front, Mikey behind him and Leo on the right. NECA had all four on display at SDCC.
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:35 PM   #575
tmntlover
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrax View Post
That is Don's head on the left, Raph in front, Mikey behind him and Leo on the right. NECA had all four on display at SDCC.
Ahhh that would make sense, yeah I did see them displayed but didn't click tbh, just thought maybe as there headbands weren't coloured that maybe it was possible that we will get different expressive faces. Definitely can't wait to get Donny
Old 09-17-2016, 07:02 PM   #576
Commenter 42
Banned

Would be a neat option.
Don't know about y'all, but its still easy to tell them apart.
Spoiler:
Old 09-17-2016, 10:36 PM   #577
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Wow. Never knew how much I liked the Henson turtles all red.

Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:43 PM   #578
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Would be a neat option.
Don't know about y'all, but its still easy to tell them apart.
These head sculpts are so perfect you can clearly see tell them apart...

I hope the in hand quality is as awesome as these look.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:33 AM   #579
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaysghosts View Post
Wow. Never knew how much I liked the Henson turtles all red.
Yeah, it's a cool look. Even though I could have done without the credits, the Mirage variant of the James Fosdike print is really cool.

d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:05 AM   #580
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Yeah, it's a cool look. Even though I could have done without the credits, the Mirage variant of the James Fosdike print is really cool.

http://i.imgur.com/dz8LbFB.jpg?1
oooof I'd much prefer that as a photo. Never liked the b-film vintage grunge cinema look.

Some folks really dig the aesthetic though.

That said, I couldn't swing the colors properly - too much compression and digital noise.

I mean, thinking about it now, it would totally be possible to swing the masks in the full film... to an all red team.
That said, being as grainy as it is, probably end up doing a ton of roto...

Still, would be possible; for a few grand we could remove the rainbow head gear. I wonder if anyone would want that?

Last edited by Commenter 42; 09-18-2016 at 02:14 AM.