The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-16-2019, 09:48 AM   #3121
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Sorry guys, can't answer anything about the future and anything Leatherhead/Krang definitely fits into that category.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #3122
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Sorry guys, can't answer anything about the future and anything Leatherhead/Krang definitely fits into that category.
I understand, just please don't kill him off so soon!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:49 AM   #3123
AquaParade
Banned

Bobby, sorry if this was cleared up already:

The Eastman & Laird cover to issue #100 - Where did this piece come from? Was it done specially for the issue?

Thanks!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:24 PM   #3124
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Geez, I can't remember offhand as that's been in house for about a year now... I'll see if I can dig up what Kevin said about it when I have a moment!
Old 12-16-2019, 06:17 PM   #3125
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Geez, I can't remember offhand as that's been in house for about a year now... I'll see if I can dig up what Kevin said about it when I have a moment!
No worries if an answer doesn't pop up for a while. Thanks.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #3126
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Did Tom check these out? He's going to do all 5 of the turtles. You guys should buy some for the office!
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:35 PM   #3127
neatoman
Emperor

Doe the fact that Mona Lisa and Jenny need to clarify to each other that they used to be human imply a signifigant portion of Mutant Town residents used to be animals?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:01 PM   #3128
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Doe the fact that Mona Lisa and Jenny need to clarify to each other that they used to be human imply a signifigant portion of Mutant Town residents used to be animals?
No, not a significant portion, i'd say. But by this point folks are probably aware that there's some animal-first mutants around like the original Mutanaimals. It read as an offhand comment to me in the script, not something that they had to point out.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:15 PM   #3129
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

There were mutants who only appeared as Action Figures. But have yet to appear in any TMNT Media. What I would love to see is this guy. King Lionheart.

He was a Shakespearean Actor turned Mutant Lion. There are lots of opportunities to bring some of those Characters into the Comics in the future.

Bringing King Lionheart to the comics would be a good way to establish that Mutant Town also has a Theater. And some of its actors are Mutants.

Another thing. Mona Lisa mentions of a Mutant Band. It would be cool if Mondo Gecko is a member of this Band. It would be a nice callback to his appearance in the Archie Comics.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:32 PM   #3130
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Another thing. Mona Lisa mentions of a Mutant Band. It would be cool if Mondo Gecko is a member of this Band. It would be a nice callback to his appearance in the Archie Comics.
Maybe Bebop and Rocksteady are gonna be performing like was predicted in the Don Macro
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:40 PM   #3131
neatoman
Emperor

So I'm not entirely sure what inspired the "Utroms are parasites" twist. From where I sit, I'm seeing three possible inspirations for this:
  1. When Krang was surgically attached to Shredder's head in the Archie series.
  2. The scrapped Fastforward episode in which Ch'rell would take control of a Triceraton, seemingly by just wrapping himself around the head.
  3. When Krang's clones transformed into dinosaur creatures in the Fred Wolf cartoon.

If it's any of these, I'd guess the first one since it both resembles this twist and was actually finished. The main differences are where Krang is and how he accomplished it.

The second one pretty much only seems less likely because the episode was never finished, but if Ch'rell could do it unaided, then it would resemble the twist even better. Allegedly, an earlier version of the script had Ch'rell occupying the stomach, making it identical to this twist.

The third is pretty much in terms of how it looks, Leatherhead's reptilian body kinda looks like the mutant clones.

Spoiler:

Which ones, if any, inspired the twist?
Hahahaha!
Old 01-13-2020, 03:00 PM   #3132
ChosenOne
Banned

The first two Bebop & Rocksteady minis came out two years apart, and it's now been nearly two years since the second. Can we expect a third mini out this Summer? Or it's just not in the cards right now, if at all?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:07 PM   #3133
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
The first two Bebop & Rocksteady minis came out two years apart, and it's now been nearly two years since the second. Can we expect a third mini out this Summer? Or it's just not in the cards right now, if at all?
Not for nothing but I thought I would just express my high interests in seeing Bebop & Rocksteady take on Dimension X... just saying.

By the way if IDW is looking for something else a Turtle fan might put on their pull list once Ubran Legends is wrapped up... I feel like these 2 might be able to carry a spin off series, gives us a more lighthearted story that plays with the TMNT universe and all the different characters...
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #3134
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So I'm not entirely sure what inspired the "Utroms are parasites" twist. From where I sit, I'm seeing three possible inspirations for this:
  1. When Krang was surgically attached to Shredder's head in the Archie series.
  2. The scrapped Fastforward episode in which Ch'rell would take control of a Triceraton, seemingly by just wrapping himself around the head.
  3. When Krang's clones transformed into dinosaur creatures in the Fred Wolf cartoon.

If it's any of these, I'd guess the first one since it both resembles this twist and was actually finished. The main differences are where Krang is and how he accomplished it.

The second one pretty much only seems less likely because the episode was never finished, but if Ch'rell could do it unaided, then it would resemble the twist even better. Allegedly, an earlier version of the script had Ch'rell occupying the stomach, making it identical to this twist.

The third is pretty much in terms of how it looks, Leatherhead's reptilian body kinda looks like the mutant clones.

Which ones, if any, inspired the twist?
None of the above! This idea came from me... Going way back to a kid I just always thought it was weird that Krang appeared in a chest cavity as opposed to sitting atop of his robot body. So that got me thinking about why the Utroms would do that (there's plenty of good reasons like more protection, etc, but by this point my mind is going in weirder directions). I thought the most interesting answer was to honor an ancient, secret, tradition. (This was around the time the Krang Micro came out, which I suggested we add the line about Krang requesting the body to be left behind for his new suit) Which got me to think how a group of squishy blobs could have possibly come to take over their planet. I thought them evolving to be eaten was a weird twist that could play out in interesting ways.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:00 PM   #3135
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
No plans at this time.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:09 PM   #3136
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
None of the above! This idea came from me... Going way back to a kid I just always thought it was weird that Krang appeared in a chest cavity as opposed to sitting atop of his robot body. So that got me thinking about why the Utroms would do that (there's plenty of good reasons like more protection, etc, but by this point my mind is going in weirder directions). I thought the most interesting answer was to honor an ancient, secret, tradition. (This was around the time the Krang Micro came out, which I suggested we add the line about Krang requesting the body to be left behind for his new suit) Which got me to think how a group of squishy blobs could have possibly come to take over their planet. I thought them evolving to be eaten was a weird twist that could play out in interesting ways.
Huh... Were you aware of the three things I listed though? It's an interesting coincidence.
Hahahaha!
Old 01-14-2020, 12:18 PM   #3137
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I've read the comics and seen the shows, yes. But they weren't factors in the thought process.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:43 AM   #3138
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

How does the disease animal barrier work in this universe. Because of mutants having partial animal dna does that mean they can be affected with a disease that only an animal can get? If so does that mean it can be a stepping stone and mutate it self to affect humans? If so that'd be a good plot story down the road and would also give an explanation to the public on why the mutants are quarantined to mutant town.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 03:36 PM   #3139
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
How does the disease animal barrier work in this universe. Because of mutants having partial animal dna does that mean they can be affected with a disease that only an animal can get? If so does that mean it can be a stepping stone and mutate it self to affect humans? If so that'd be a good plot story down the road and would also give an explanation to the public on why the mutants are quarantined to mutant town.
Honest answer is 'no clue'!
Old 01-31-2020, 06:34 AM   #3140
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Hi Bobby, has the cover art for the volume 11 been finalized yet? I only ask because it would be nice to have the spine in a different colour rather than grey again. I understand if that's not possible.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz