The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-14-2020, 06:02 PM   #1761
Chris
Mad Scientist

I know Super 7 aren't afraid of loading the heavy hitters in early (compared with the old Matty Collector approach) but every one of those 4 is a major character. That seems almost too much now they know the line is ongoing! They could easily split those four across two waves and add some of the weird and wonderful characters in to fill the waves out (like they did with Mutagen Man, Metalhead, Muckman, etc)

That said, if that is what they go with then wave 5 would be the first one I went all in on (ok, technically I'm planning on getting some Foot Soldiers from the re-release but I still skipped him in wave 1).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #1762
mikey0
Foot Elite

I didn’t like that S7 added Metalhead, Mutagen Man, and Muckman to the last three waves. We should be much further along in this line than we are. Krang, Casey, and Rat King were more important to the original toyline than those three. With that said, the Ultimates versions of Mutagen Man and Muckman are better than the classic action figures. I do wish the original Mutagen Man and Muckman were taller and bulkier, but I understand that Playmates wanted those characters to fit in with the other 5 inchers. I still prefer the first Metalhead from ‘89 to the Ultimate version. There’s something about the ‘89 Metalhead. I cannot put my finger on it, but Metalhead translates perfectly to the 5 inch form.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:21 PM   #1763
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I know Super 7 aren't afraid of loading the heavy hitters in early (compared with the old Matty Collector approach) but every one of those 4 is a major character. That seems almost too much now they know the line is ongoing! They could easily split those four across two waves and add some of the weird and wonderful characters in to fill the waves out (like they did with Mutagen Man, Metalhead, Muckman, etc)

That said, if that is what they go with then wave 5 would be the first one I went all in on (ok, technically I'm planning on getting some Foot Soldiers from the re-release but I still skipped him in wave 1).
I saw that a re-release of series 1 was mentioned a couple times here, but can't seem to find more info on it. Can someone point me in the direction of info on th his, cause I was about to drop $90 on Raphael and would rather not if I don't need to.

Thanks!
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:58 PM   #1764
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
I saw that a re-release of series 1 was mentioned a couple times here, but can't seem to find more info on it. Can someone point me in the direction of info on th his, cause I was about to drop $90 on Raphael and would rather not if I don't need to.

Thanks!
“ The 1st wave of TMNT Ultimates figures will almost definitely be re-issued with minor alterations, so folks who missed out on the initial release can still get them at a reasonable cost. The minor alteration will likely be something like a slight variation to the weapons rack colors.”

- Brian Flynn

https://toynewsi.com/345-37347

You’re welcome.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:02 AM   #1765
italianice388
Stone Warrior

do we know exactly when wave 2 is shipping?

Edit: NVM! Leaving factory end of october or beginning of november.

to recap, wave 1 left factory around mid july. it arrived at super7 HQ about a week later. from there, super7 orders shipped to us, and arrived really late, thanks to the USPS literally having a meltdown, in mid august. orders from BBTS shipped a week and a half into september, and arrived in our hands about a week later.

so, if wave 1 is any indication, you can expect to have wave 2 in hand:

december 1st, if you ordered from S7
january 1st, if you ordered from BBTS

pretty brutal. i hope the wait isn't as long this time.

Last edited by italianice388; 10-15-2020 at 11:14 AM.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:35 AM   #1766
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
do we know exactly when wave 2 is shipping?

Edit: NVM! Leaving factory end of october or beginning of november.

to recap, wave 1 left factory around mid july. it arrived at super7 HQ about a week later. from there, super7 orders shipped to us, and arrived really late, thanks to the USPS literally having a meltdown, in mid august. orders from BBTS shipped a week and a half into september, and arrived in our hands about a week later.

so, if wave 1 is any indication, you can expect to have wave 2 in hand:

december 1st, if you ordered from S7
january 1st, if you ordered from BBTS

pretty brutal. i hope the wait isn't as long this time.
My hope is that that means we'll be seeing some leaked/stolen figures reviewed soon. Unfortunately I'm guessing Super7 reeeeally cracked down on security after the wave 1 release debacle so we might not be seeing any early previews this time unless they come from Super7 themselves.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:46 PM   #1767
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
My hope is that that means we'll be seeing some leaked/stolen figures reviewed soon. Unfortunately I'm guessing Super7 reeeeally cracked down on security after the wave 1 release debacle so we might not be seeing any early previews this time unless they come from Super7 themselves.
wasn't it proven that the early reviews came directly from an authorized Super7 distributer in china? and the "brian flynn" accounts on youtube were a dicey source at best? there were literally multiple "brian flynn" accounts commenting at once - and none of them were the official super7 account. it was all very strange.

either way, you're right! hopefully we see more of wave 2 very soon!
Old 10-15-2020, 03:13 PM   #1768
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Pretty sure I got an email from Super7 saying wave 2 had been delayed until January.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:27 PM   #1769
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
It’s super7...I can’t imagine they don’t have the universal monsters Turtles in mind at some point.
Man, that would be amazing.

Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:19 PM   #1770
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Gimmick View Post
Man, that would be amazing.
I can see both sets from the mid 1990s.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:23 PM   #1771
italianice388
Stone Warrior

i kind of wish super7 would be better at sharing progress or promo photos of these sets as they're being developed.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:41 PM   #1772
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
i kind of wish super7 would be better at sharing progress or promo photos of these sets as they're being developed.
Ha! Ask and ye shall receive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Ha...eid=d7fca685fa
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 01:02 PM   #1773
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
I love the Wacky Action Mouser shirt in the video. I wish there was more toy-based merchandise in the 80s and 90s. I’m still saddened by the fact that Muckman will not be coming with Retromutagen Ooze.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:17 PM   #1774
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Amazing, I adore this! I hope they do more things like this and keep feeding us TMNT ultimate content. The figures look incredible. Again, super excited to see two of the unique one-off mutants in this wave. IMO, that's where this line absolutely shines - it's like TMNT kaiju.

Also, seeing the Muckman 360, it looks like he's been built to have some ooze run through his head and stomach! Rad!

Still got fingers crossed to fix the eyes on Mondo and the mask on Casey, but those are minor gripes in the context of what is one of the most impressive TMNT releases since the 90s. Works of art. I hope this line lives long and runs deep. And accelerates!
Old 10-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #1775
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I love the Wacky Action Mouser shirt in the video. I wish there was more toy-based merchandise in the 80s and 90s. I’m still saddened by the fact that Muckman will not be coming with Retromutagen Ooze.
I think it's just a regular mouser on the shirt
Old 10-23-2020, 01:50 PM   #1776
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
I think it's just a regular mouser on the shirt
The Mirage Comics Mousers don’t have the Foot Clan symbol on them.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:35 PM   #1777
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The Mirage Comics Mousers don’t have the Foot Clan symbol on them.
the mouser has existed in more forms than just mirage and wacky action, but i see what you're getting at, and it's a good point. it looks more like the mouser S7 released, as i think this is an S7 shirt. that mouser was prob based off wacky action, so you're definitely onto something
Old 10-23-2020, 02:58 PM   #1778
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
the mouser has existed in more forms than just mirage and wacky action, but i see what you're getting at, and it's a good point. it looks more like the mouser S7 released, as i think this is an S7 shirt. that mouser was prob based off wacky action, so you're definitely onto something
The shirt almost reminds me of the Leo, The Sewer Samurai shirt from the early 90s. I cannot find an image of it online at the moment. It was the image of Leo, The Sewer Samurai that was on the lower right hand side of the package (without the word bubble). I wish I could find it. Easily the best TMNT shirt I saw back then.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:19 PM   #1779
j3h
Hench Mutant

The mouser shirt is the front image of the Baxter stockman shirt super 7 offered during their sdcc stay at home a con ( Baxter is on the back). Both the front and back images glow in the dark too.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #1780
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
The mouser shirt is the front image of the Baxter stockman shirt super 7 offered during their sdcc stay at home a con ( Baxter is on the back). Both the front and back images glow in the dark too.
I hope S7 offers more shirts like that in the future. A glow in the dark Muckman shirt would rule!