The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2020, 05:30 PM   #61
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I don't know why, I was thinking 8k. It was just a number that popped into my head. I would love to own one, but then if I did cough up the money for it then I would not know where to put it. Its the reason I did not get the Arcade Game cabinet. I might be able to afford that one no problem, but its a "where do I put it?" situation.

I cannot get over how the completely different helmets in TMNT I and TMNT II are the exact same prop.
It's only the brown portion of the helmet that was re used. The blades are completely different.

The part 1 blade is hollow, very light, and I'd be surprised if this was the only top blade that survived. on the behind the scenes YouTube clip you see the stunt shredder actor flipping over into a think mat and im sure several broke while filming or at least cracked.

the part 2 blade is solid and heavy fiberglass, and is screwed on in the front.
tmntgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #62
rh608
Thug

Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntgeoff View Post
This is my helmet.

Some history on it. Drome member Navin Johnson mentioned in prior posts, that all 3 helmets were re used for the 2nd film. So technically a part 1 helmet didnt exist. After part 1 finished filming the original creator of the 1st Shredder helmet did not return for the sequel, but they re used what was left over.

This helmet in particular was in need of repairs and missing the silver trim that covered parts of the gold squares. It also had a top blade from part 2 that was latex rubber and warped. It was actually stuck under another part 2 helmet until I purchased it from another drome member

Since I had the top blade from the first film as well, I had Tom Spina convert it back to the original part 1 helmet. Some of the gold squares were glued,which created smooth areas, so I called on Tom Spina to complete a sympathetic restoration. In the photo above the blade is slightly higher than where its supposed to be, so he lowered it before returning to my possession.
You are the one person in the world I am truly jealous of! If you ever want/need to get rid of any of that shredder gear please let me be the first you make inform! For real!
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #63
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh608 View Post
You are the one person in the world I am truly jealous of! If you ever want/need to get rid of any of that shredder gear please let me be the first you make inform! For real!
Haha thanks. My plans were to have everything on display in Seattle for the 30th anniversary at MOPOP but sadly due to the covid19 it has been postponed.

In the near future they will be there if anyone would like to see them in person.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:47 PM   #64
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Not really a prop but still cool.
I've never seen another. This was purchased from production assistant Leo Daniels

Old 04-12-2020, 02:48 PM   #65
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Haha thanks. My plans were to have everything on display in Seattle for the 30th anniversary at MOPOP but sadly due to the covid19 it has been postponed.

In the near future they will be there if anyone would like to see them in person.
Due to the lack of throwaway funds that would equal its proposed value I would settle for getting a photo wearing it.

Its interesting reading the history of my favorite villain's gear!
Old 04-12-2020, 03:01 PM   #66
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Not really a prop but still cool.
I've never seen another. This was purchased from production assistant Leo Daniels

https://i.ibb.co/R4P8BwL/20200412-133450.jpg
Now that is something to bring on Pawn Stars! Who was it that found a production assistant's jacket at a Goodwill? Okay so, with Secret of The Ooze being my favorite film, now I am officially jealous too!
Old 04-12-2020, 04:11 PM   #67
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Now that is something to bring on Pawn Stars! Who was it that found a production assistant's jacket at a Goodwill? Okay so, with Secret of The Ooze being my favorite film, now I am officially jealous too!
If you didn't already see, I have photos of the prop masters chair back, director chair and script bag on a previous post.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:13 PM   #68
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Screen shot of the Raphael's Sai. An interesting fact was the one April held before it was kicked away is different from when Raphael reaches for it.

Old 04-12-2020, 04:27 PM   #69
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Here is a picture of all 4 original weapons from the original 1990 movie. The nunchucku are foam rubber and were used whenever there was fighting involved.

You can see him holding them when he Spins on the floor in the apartment and the iconic scene where he says I love being a turtle.

In the film, you can tell which are the real wood Chuck's because they have a longer leather chord
Old 04-12-2020, 04:30 PM   #70
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Here is a closer shot of the Chuck's.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:41 PM   #71
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh608 View Post
Sorry, pal. Get in line. I was first.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #72
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Get a line to Rick Harrison for a Pawn Stars segment sell anything or not, It would be cool and I am serious. I want that hat, how much would cost me?!
Old 04-20-2020, 12:54 PM   #73
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Get a line to Rick Harrison for a Pawn Stars segment sell anything or not, It would be cool and I am serious. I want that hat, how much would cost me?!
(just imagining)

Rick: Hey Chum get over here.

(Chumlee lazily walks over the Rick)

Rick (sighs) So how much did you want for those TMNT props?

Collector: I was thinking $20,000.

Rick (sighs) Look you know I need to make a profit. How does $500 sound?

Yea I don't see it working out well...
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:15 PM   #74
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Never lowball a guy holding a katana.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:45 PM   #75
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I could see that line being the end of the segment. Why not call an old buddy of his Kevin Eastman to verify next time he passed through? If nothing else Geoff gets to meet Kevin! Probably get higher than $500. Rick would go into I got to put it up at an auction for a fee and I need a profit so I have to low ball you, but give you a respectable amount. I could see Rick offering between 60 to 65% of the value any of the items. This would be an interesting set to see if Geoff wants to get a line to producers. Rick is traveling for segments now too if Geoff does not want to lug it out there.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:11 AM   #76
Raph
Mad Scientist

Love looking at your props Geoff. May you know, but why haven't those chuck deteriorated in all these years. I mean it's foam latex too right?

Quote:
https://i.ibb.co/wRX8vVS/20200412-152407.jpg

Here is a picture of all 4 original weapons from the original 1990 movie. The nunchucku are foam rubber and were used whenever there was fighting involved.

You can see him holding them when he Spins on the floor in the apartment and the iconic scene where he says I love being a turtle.

In the film, you can tell which are the real wood Chuck's because they have a longer leather chord
Old 04-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #77
Tony Day
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Screen shot of the Raphael's Sai. An interesting fact was the one April held before it was kicked away is different from when Raphael reaches for it.

https://i.ibb.co/RbXG9LF/Screenshot-...628-Photos.jpg
You can see the bit of tape (or whatever that material is) hanging down on the right side of that sai in the film and the prop in present day.
Tony Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:53 PM   #78
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Day View Post
You can see the bit of tape (or whatever that material is) hanging down on the right side of that sai in the film and the prop in present day.
Yes one of my sais that April holds before getting kicked away matches mine, and can be matched on the Topps movie cards.

When it's kicked away its my other Sai that he picks up. Which you can match because of the leather bit like you stated pulling away from the prong.

They didn't really need continuity on them as the movie was dark and they look so similar it's hard to tell unless you have them in hand to compare.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:57 PM   #79
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Love looking at your props Geoff. May you know, but why haven't those chuck deteriorated in all these years. I mean it's foam latex too right?
I'm not 100% sure on the material. I was told it's foam rubber. Not sure if that's the same as foam latex. It's still soft in most areas but I don't want to squeeze it.

There is wood inserted inside so they don't flop around.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:34 AM   #80
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Oh Rick certainly would, the cheapskate.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote