The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-13-2020, 10:40 PM   #1
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

RIP Danny "Brainy Smurf" Goldman

The original voice of the adorable Brainy Smurf and longtime casting director, Danny Goldman, has passed on to heaven at age 80. Danny's decades-long career included the med student interrogating Gene Wilder in class in Young Frankenstein, a panelist on What's My Line?, appeared in many series, General Hospital, Hawaii Five-O, Columbo, Criminal Minds, The King Of Queens, was main/recurring member on The Good Life as Nick Dutton, Busting Loose as Lester Bellman, & The New Mike Hammer as Ozzie the Answer.
Love this trailer from Get Smart, Again where he's Dr. Denton who's invented the Hall of Hush converting voice into text.

As a casting director Danny helped jump-start a number of actors' careers, helping get them some of their first big gigs, including I believe Michael J Fox. Danny himself was a very smart guy, hence his penchant for playing a number of "brainy"-type roles.
Did some other voice work, including Cyberskull in Mighty Max, Opie the caffeine-addicted squirrel in Capitol Critters, and Sam Giddell in Batman...continued voicing Brainy Smurf in Robot Chicken and saw the torch passed on to Fred Armisen, an SNL alumni he was fond of, and then another Danny, Danny Pudi, afterwards. Got his wish at wanting to see an incarnation of Smurfs involving more girl Smurfs as well. Now back together again with Don Messick, Jonathan Winters, Lucille Bliss, June Foray, Hamilton Camp, Alan Young, Marshall Efron and many others he worked with.

Thank you for all your marvelous work Danny Goldman, see you in paradise.

Last edited by triplexxx; 04-14-2020 at 08:21 PM.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 03:39 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Shame to hear that. I watched a lot of Smurfs on Saturday mornings, growing up.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:05 AM   #3
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I hope that he rests peacefully.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote