The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 04:40 PM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

Sooo... Saki's whole newfound sense of peace and brotherhood with Yoshi was all for nothing?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since Splinter appears to be dead here I don’t know why this was spoiled ahead of issue 100’s conclusion. Granted maybe this takes place in the far future or something but it’s definitely not just an illusion. I guess it doesn’t really matter but maybe they should have delayed this issue by a few more months. Even if Splinter doesn’t die by issue 100, it’s now just a question of when rather than if.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:21 PM   #23
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

This whole story arc has gotten a little more trippy than I'd prefer. I like my TMNT a little more straightforward.

Still cool, though.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:51 PM   #24
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Since Splinter appears to be dead here I don’t know why this was spoiled ahead of issue 100’s conclusion. Granted maybe this takes place in the far future or something but it’s definitely not just an illusion. I guess it doesn’t really matter but maybe they should have delayed this issue by a few more months. Even if Splinter doesn’t die by issue 100, it’s now just a question of when rather than if.
Since time in the afterlife isn't linear, his death could take place far into the future or maybe even mean his first death in Feudal Japan. After all, in the Shredder micro Saki was fighting himself from (supposedly) his previous death. Or it could be his future death, given he was wearing the same mask as in Turtles in Time #4... Yeah, definitely trippy. The more you think about it, the less sense it makes.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:28 AM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Sooo... Saki's whole newfound sense of peace and brotherhood with Yoshi was all for nothing?
Depends on wheter or not he lets go of his sense of self.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:23 AM   #26
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Depends on wheter or not he lets go of his sense of self.
Oh, so he hasn't made a choice yet? I took that last panel of Shredder standing before the Dragon as him having made up his mind, but then again...

Old 08-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #27
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

As time does pass differently in Hell, Splinter we see here is the one murdured by Saki in ancient Japan. Before his ressurection as a mutant rat. So in 100 he will not die. Interesting when and as whom Tang Shen will be resurected? Can she be Null?
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:07 PM   #28
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Oh, so he hasn't made a choice yet? I took that last panel of Shredder standing before the Dragon as him having made up his mind, but then again...

https://thesnarkingdeadrecaps.files....size=700%2C384
No I’m pretty sure he made the choice to finally let go of his ego in an attempt to evade the influence of the Dragon, but unbeknownst to him the Dragon was meddling around with Takeshi Tatsuo’s avatar, which will throw a wrench in the plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
As time does pass differently in Hell, Splinter we see here is the one murdured by Saki in ancient Japan. Before his ressurection as a mutant rat. So in 100 he will not die. Interesting when and as whom Tang Shen will be resurected? Can she be Null?
I’m pretty sure the Yoshi we’re seeing is in fact Splinter, after his passing in the present day. I guess we’ll see soon
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:42 AM   #29
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Pretty sure it's Splinter/Yoshi who has passed and spoke with Saki OK with his death and the cycle of reincarnation. Saki always wanting control is probably finally gaining some for once and the Dragon Spirit may take Splinter's body in the mortal realm. Obviously he'll still probably be a antagonist in some shape or form to the Turtles (Or not which would be a dang fine twist) All in all I m much enjoying this and this has become a very realized version of Shredder beyond him just being evil.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:41 PM   #30
Shred87
Hench Mutant

What a great arc...so much going on and so many interpretations. Shen has been reincarnated? When will she and splinter be reunited? Going to be a fun ride

Also the female being featured... is that the dragons sister? I get confused with this... if so that’s the patheon’s aunt??
Shred87 is offline   Reply With Quote