Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 04:45 PM   #41
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
Mirage never had Baxter as a henchman of Shredder. neither did IDW.
Baxter partnered with Shredder in IDW for a story arc, but he was never a henchman.

the Fred Wolf cartoons could have found another way to keep the Turtles informed of the villains' plot.
they pretty much just turned April into Lois Lane.
I am saying,Baxter has be shown to have limit if on his own. He appeared 1 time then became a cyborg. Why not find something else for him to do as plain old Baxter Stockman no ties to anyone? He has worked for Krang opposed to Shredder in IDW. He has to work for someone at some point. Its just easier to fold him under another villain. He remains with some personal autonomy in IDW and remained human. Unfortunately it took 27 years for it to happen. Yes,it was surprising how Shredder with some initial threatening worked with him opposed to over him. Baxter is finally going places. I do prefer the fly over the cyborg,but I just want plain old Baxter Stockman so he can grow on his own merit not resorting to a power up.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:06 PM   #42
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I am saying,Baxter has be shown to have limit if on his own. He appeared 1 time then became a cyborg.
the same thing could have been said about shredder having only one appearance and then coming back as a worm zombie. (which was very cool btw)

wasn't the second volume of Mirage comics solely written by Jim Lawson and no story input from either Kevin or Peter?
but i still prefer Baxter as a deranged cyborg than turning him into a Andre Delambre knock-off.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:22 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

Baxter functioned the same way in 4kids despite being a cyborg than a fly. He was Shredder's henchmen/scientist who worked for him and got punished, tried to betray him and go off on his own several times, then after Shredder's defeat started working for Bishop.

It's the same thing more or less. IDW's Baxter has also spent most of his run working for Krang, trying to betray him and kill the Turtles, then worked for Shredder for a very brief time, and is now more or less on his own.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:46 PM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I am saying,Baxter has be shown to have limit if on his own. He appeared 1 time then became a cyborg. Why not find something else for him to do as plain old Baxter Stockman no ties to anyone? He has worked for Krang opposed to Shredder in IDW. He has to work for someone at some point. Its just easier to fold him under another villain. He remains with some personal autonomy in IDW and remained human. Unfortunately it took 27 years for it to happen. Yes,it was surprising how Shredder with some initial threatening worked with him opposed to over him. Baxter is finally going places. I do prefer the fly over the cyborg,but I just want plain old Baxter Stockman so he can grow on his own merit not resorting to a power up.
Well... Baxter is just a scientist in a series of martial arts and mutants. There's only so much he can do against the turtles after they destroy his inventions. He needs some kind of power up to handle them directly.

Who knows. Maybe some future version will make him a fighter as well as a scientist.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-19-2017, 08:48 PM   #45
Prowler
Emperor

Bay Turtles were worse than the lowest possible level I had ever imagined for the Turtles, so I'm not even gonna bother thinking of something that could possibly be worse than that.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:27 AM   #46
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I guess I have a darker imagination than you guys because there is no way PD is the worst version of TMNT imaginable.

What if they had done what they wanted to do with Batman and cast Saturday Night Live alumni? Dan Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy, John Candy and Martin Short, painted bright green with rubber bald caps and plastic shells, running around New York making poo jokes.

What if Seth Macfarlane decided to produce a TMNT series instead of the ill-fated Flintstones remake? Bulbous, bug-eyed Turtles standing in the middle of the screen, barely moving, while joking about domestic violence.

Personally, I'm a little apprehensive about the new show that we don't know much about. It's supposed to be lighter than the Nick series... that's pretty light in my estimation. I keep picturing blobby, oversimplified Turtles in the style of Adventure Time, waggling their rubber-hose limbs about, making squee faces, and acting like deranged idiots.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:18 AM   #47
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
What if they had done what they wanted to do with Batman and cast Saturday Night Live alumni? Dan Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy, John Candy and Martin Short, painted bright green with rubber bald caps and plastic shells, running around New York making poo jokes.
Did you know before they even made the Playmates deal, someone came to them wanting to make a movie like that with Billy Bristol, Sam Kinison and others fighting roller skating nuns or something?
Old 03-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #48
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

A lot of good answers here. Nice job!

Here's mine.

--Splinter learned "ninjutsu" from watching old ninja b-movies after he got mutated. Hamato Yoshi was just the actor that starred in them, and Oroku Saki was just the actor that played all the villains. So, he and the Turtles don't know real ninjutsu, they're just imitating martial arts from some old movies.

--Shredder is just a gang leader named "Joe Shraeder". And, he's white.

--The Turtles have a strict "no kill" policy so the Foot Soldiers are robots, but they're sentient robots (which from a moral perspective count as people) so the Turtles can't destroy them anyway.

--Because of that "no kill" policy, the Turtles don't have their signature weapons. Donatello's Bo has safety padding at the ends, Leonardo uses bokutĂ´ instead of katanas, Raphael has safety-padded tonfa, and Michelangelo is back to the grappling hook!

--Despite the non-lethal weapons, they still fight most of their battles by dropping chandeliers on their enemies or attacking them with toys, trash cans, etc.

--There are eight TMNT, Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, Donatello, Venus, Kirby, Mona Lisa, and Zack! The show centers around the original four searching for the others who then replace them as the main characters of the show. They were all mutated in the same ooze puddle (except Zack, who's human) and are all related, but that doesn't stop Raph from dating both Venus and Mona.

--April's thing is that she's sexually obsessed with cockroaches! She's constantly going on about how sexy and cute they are. Gushes when she sees on and starts hitting on it. And, she eventually starts dating Scumbug.

--Casey is actually Kacey, and is now a girl. The show makes a big deal out of this and keeps telling us how tough and badass she is, when she's actually always getting captured and the Turtles and April keep having to rescue her incompetent ass.

--Every alien and mutant character from every version of TMNT, no matter how obscure, makes an appearance. But, they're all just one-note generic villains.

--It's in live-action and the actors are just wearing green face-paint and cardboard shells.

Now, that's a TMNT that would make Next Mutation and PD look like "City at War"!
Old 03-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #49
myconius
Abby Normal

Tetsu Deinonychus, that was brilliant!!!
Old 03-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
--Casey is actually Kacey, and is now a girl. The show makes a big deal out of this and keeps telling us how tough and badass she is, when she's actually always getting captured and the Turtles and April keep having to rescue her incompetent ass.
You know, a new iteration of TMNT where Casey Jones is a girl may not be the worst thing ever.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #51
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You know, a new iteration of TMNT where Casey Jones is a girl may not be the worst thing ever.
Yeah, that could be interesting if done well, or maybe even a whole gender-swapped version of the show

Tetsu Dino, that was amazingly awful. I would probably hate-watch that show
Old 03-22-2017, 01:02 PM   #52
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sure about that?

Hahahaha!
Old 03-22-2017, 03:37 PM   #53
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Sure about that?
Spoiler:

point and CHECK!!!!
Old 03-23-2017, 01:20 AM   #54
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I am OK with this

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Old 03-23-2017, 05:02 AM   #55
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
I am OK with this
but what about when this "Casey" starts twerking?
Old 03-23-2017, 05:37 AM   #56
snake
Disgusting

I'd be fine with it even more then.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:07 AM   #57
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'd be fine with it even more then.
didn't we already sort'a get that character already?

Old 03-23-2017, 10:28 AM   #58
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Fred Wolf show was about tongue in cheek and sarcastic humor, it's nothing like the new movies.
Exactly although the second PD movie was an improvement over the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Image was great.
From what I understand it was pretty terrible. This version was basically an overreaction to TMNT being labelled as a kids property so the writers made Leo lose an eye, Raph face burnt off etc. Very contrived in concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How is Baxter less of a one-note character if he turns into a cyborg? Baxter as a fly is meant to be sympathetic, at least how he was in the original toon.
Right, you can have the 4Kids version get mutilated but the fly version of Baxter brought sympathy for being tragic. That worked better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
they pretty much just turned April into Lois Lane.
That was David Wise intention and why not?

Quote:
That being said,the TMNT needed a way of being informed of the villains' plot so having a reporter for a friend gets the action going.
Yeah as I've explained elsewhere April as a reporter allowed her a deal with the Turtles where she would inform them of anything dodgy going on in the city and in return she got to cover it for the news. Not a bad partnership.

By the way the worst way to kill TMNT is probably this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikFDcWca6sM

Old 03-23-2017, 10:50 AM   #59
ToTheNines
[sic]

You've obviously never actually read it.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

People blame Fred Wolf April for being too much of a Lois Lane character, but what is she in every other series?

Mirage: She's mostly a background character thoughout its entire run. I don't really blame them because she wasn't involved with the Turtles adventures much in this series, but she really doesn't do all that much.

4kids: April was mostly treated like a second Donatello in tech support. Again, she was left out of a lot of episodes because she wasn't the damsel in distress but couldn't be involved in all the action either. They did start to have her learn how to fight but that didn't last long beyond Season 3 if I recall.

Nick: She's basically Jean Grey. A human with psychic/telekinesis powers. She even had her pheonix moment in the series.

IDW: She's a good friend and helps the Turtles, nowadays she's working on the Pantheon, but again she's mostly in the "research" role support ever since Secret History of the Foot Clan.

Then in the movies and Archie she was a reporter again. So really, every other version of April is literally treated like something else too.
Closed Thread

Tags
worst tmnt