The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-09-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
dragonside
Hench Mutant

Ultimate Ninja

Hi Folks,

Just rewatching the 2K3 series and had an interesting thought.

In a Universal Match, the Ultimate Ninja challenged Leonardo.
I guess, typically in a title match, you would gain a title if you defeat them.

So in this case, this is a match for Ninja Supremacy and Leonardo won, would you consider Leonardo the Ultimate Ninja?

I would consider the Battle Nexus Championship to be a different title as that is a different scope (not being the best ninja).

What do you guys think?
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I always assumed "Ultimate Ninja" was a self-proclaimed title. Dude was full of himself.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
ABrown
Banned

What always confused me about that episode is that he challenged Leonardo to a mortal dual. Yet the little annoying guy kept doing that "battle nexus rules clearly state". But they weren't battling according to battle nexus rules. The battle nexus ensures that no one is mortally injured.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:00 PM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I don't like the idea of the turtles being the "most skilled warriors in the Universe, galaxy or even Earth. To me, they're just four underestimated fighters. But sure, they shall kick butt!

Same with the idea of turtles saving the Universe. Their ultimate mission should be to save Earth from extraterrestrials with rayguns. That's a great balance.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-09-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #5
dragonside
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I always assumed "Ultimate Ninja" was a self-proclaimed title. Dude was full of himself.
Yeah thats very true. Very full of himself. And you know I also forgot, there was also the ninja tribunal (all ninja masters). I don't think he could've defeated any of them, unless they are counted as Gods and no longer mortals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
What always confused me about that episode is that he challenged Leonardo to a mortal dual. Yet the little annoying guy kept doing that "battle nexus rules clearly state". But they weren't battling according to battle nexus rules. The battle nexus ensures that no one is mortally injured.
I didn't realize that, but good point. I think that was the keeping it PG. But makes sense. If you kill everyone that you defeat, being alive must mean you're best right? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I don't like the idea of the turtles being the "most skilled warriors in the Universe, galaxy or even Earth. To me, they're just four underestimated fighters. But sure, they shall kick butt!

Same with the idea of turtles saving the Universe. Their ultimate mission should be to save Earth from extraterrestrials with rayguns. That's a great balance.
I see your point, I guess that is why the turtles typically don't have any titles - other than Mikey being the Battle Nexus Champion, Splinter, and Hamato Yoshi sharing this title.

I do like the fact that they still remain relative unknowns.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #6
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
I see your point, I guess that is why the turtles typically don't have any titles - other than Mikey being the Battle Nexus Champion, Splinter, and Hamato Yoshi sharing this title.

I do like the fact that they still remain relative unknowns.
Same with-Hamato Yoshi-Splinter. An underestimated old? man-rat (depends of version) who sure knows how to defend himself! Having him disappear from Earth just to stand well against the greatest warriors of all time and space doesn't match that. (I prefer Splinter being a globetrotter like the MWS series and Archie comics instead of full with mysticism but I know it's hard writing him that way if he isn't Hamato Yoshi)

Similair should apply to all the friends and enemies of the turtles.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:29 PM   #7
dragonside
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Same with-Hamato Yoshi-Splinter. An underestimated old? man-rat (depends of version) who sure knows how to defend himself! Having him disappear from Earth just to stand well against the greatest warriors of all time and space doesn't match that. (I prefer Splinter being a globetrotter like the MWS series and Archie comics instead of full with mysticism but I know it's hard writing him that way if he isn't Hamato Yoshi)

Similair should apply to all the friends and enemies of the turtles.
Yeah, actually I prefer that too. Splinter being a world warrior makes a lot more sense. Also a Rat beating a Dragon is kind of... far fetched?

I think at best, Splinter should have a rank among Ninjas. Kind of like Grand Master or something. Since the 2003 turtles graduate to Chunin in FF.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:34 PM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I always had a problem with that Universal Challenge baloney that any warrior could show up in any reality and challenge an unwilling participant to a death match, with the defendant's refusal resulting in the immediate death of said defendant's innocent friends (Splinter, April, Casey, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo). I mean... really?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
So in this case, this is a match for Ninja Supremacy and Leonardo won, would you consider Leonardo the Ultimate Ninja?
Not really, since Leo wasn't out to prove anything himself and just got pulled into it because the guy was mad at him for killing Shredder, his actual intended opponent. (Though I've always wondered how he came about wanting to battle Shredder in the first place.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:31 PM   #10
sdp
-

They somehow knew Leo killed Shredder but they didn't know Shredder was an Utrom?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:48 AM   #11
Overlord

Quote:
Yeah, actually I prefer that too. Splinter being a world warrior makes a lot more sense. Also a Rat beating a Dragon is kind of... far fetched?

I think at best, Splinter should have a rank among Ninjas. Kind of like Grand Master or something. Since the 2003 turtles graduate to Chunin in FF.
As I said, I prefer Splinter or Hamato Yoshi a world-traveller, and underestimated but and skilled fighter, not a world warrior. Not the greatest ninja on Earth.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #12
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

As a proud leonardo fanboy I'm 100% on board with him being crowned ultimate ninja of the multiverse. But I'm pretty sure the ultimate ninjas title was probably self given so beating him doesn't really mean anything officially
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:19 AM   #13
Overlord

So if Daimyo is said to have introduced ninjutsu to Earth, ninjutsu is of extraterrestrial origin. I prefer it to be of Earth origin.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-15-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:33 AM   #14
dragonside
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
As a proud leonardo fanboy I'm 100% on board with him being crowned ultimate ninja of the multiverse. But I'm pretty sure the ultimate ninjas title was probably self given so beating him doesn't really mean anything officially
Yeah man, I am a big fan of Leo, and that would've been really cool. But not official.

Quote:
So if Daimyo is said to have introduced ninjutsu to Earth, ninjutsu is of extraterrestrial origin.I prefer it to be of Earth origin.
I guess ancient aliens..LOL. I guess they tried to tie in with the tengu legends. I imagine the real origins of ninjutsu are man-made. Just like most martial arts. Being an assassin makes much more sense as some one inventing it for a certain "need".
Old 02-15-2018, 05:00 PM   #15
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
As a Donatello-fan, I wouldn't accept him the most skilled scientists even on Earth, less the Milky Way or entire Universe.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-20-2018 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:19 PM   #16
dragonside
Hench Mutant

yeah.. unfortunately, the best I think Donnie could do would be:

1) get a degree (LOL)

2) invent something nobel prize worthy

3) be your friendly neighborhood mad scientist (he could do it).

I think titles are well beyond what Donatello would want anyhow. I think his goal is to create and develop new breakthroughs, rather than be recognized in that kind of manner.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:51 AM   #17
Overlord

Quote:
yeah.. unfortunately, the best I think Donnie could do would be:

1) get a degree (LOL)

2) invent something nobel prize worthy

3) be your friendly neighborhood mad scientist (he could do it).

I think titles are well beyond what Donatello would want anyhow. I think his goal is to create and develop new breakthroughs, rather than be recognized in that kind of manner.
On the other hand, in future timelines where the turtles enter society, I could see him participating with humans in international research groups of scientists and inventors.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #18
dragonside
Hench Mutant

Quote:
On the other hand, in future timelines where the turtles enter society, I could see him participating with humans in international research groups of scientists and inventors.
Agreed. definitely a very prominent member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Not really, since Leo wasn't out to prove anything himself and just got pulled into it because the guy was mad at him for killing Shredder, his actual intended opponent. (Though I've always wondered how he came about wanting to battle Shredder in the first place.)
Thats the weird thing too, wasn't the shredder trapped on Earth? He was just as stuck as the utroms..... Then again, his name was known across the Galaxy sort of (Duke Acureds etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
They somehow knew Leo killed Shredder but they didn't know Shredder was an Utrom?
Isn't that convenient. Especially since Oroku Saki at best would be... Earth based. Now, maybe they consider Earth History and Ninja History to be the thing that is well known. But the battle nexus seems to be not only multi-dimensional but also across major planets (i.e. triceratons also know and have access to it).
Old 02-20-2018, 06:57 AM   #19
Overlord

Quote:
Agreed. definitely a very prominent member.
I liked when Donatello worked with Manx (a cat mutant, but still) in the Archie future.