The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-19-2005, 09:10 PM   #101
Peanut
Second Gear

Oh, my poor Randy Orton, what has become of you? He's still my favourite wrestler of this new "era", but yeah GK is right. Orton bashing is the new cool thing to do on the internet. Just like when RVD showed up during the Invasion, it was the cool thing to praise him to the high heavens. Then everyone decided "oh too many people like him now, I have to be different." and he was bashed a ton. I dunno, I just think GK makes a good point. I like who I like and hate who I hate for my own reasons. I don't hate/love anyone because that's the general feeling of the IWC. I'd also like to add that the majority of the IWC makes me sick.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #102
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I'm still an Orton fan, but my god, as a face, he just SUCKS, the IWC were still cheering him for a few weeks after he became champion but I saw through the flaws instantly after Hunter kicked him out of Evolution, I'm hoping he turns heel again, he's not ready as a top line face, and that was obvious after he was shoved down everybody's throats

RVD is bashed by the IWC speficially because he is'nt as motivated as he used to be, Hunter saw to that, personally I've never liked him, he was a glorified bump machine in ECW, very few who come out of there I consider a real "star" (Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero, Snow, Raven, Lynn, Richards, and Dreamer being the only exceptions)

I hear where you're coming from Peanut, the IWC have a bad reputation due to the amount of wannabe know-it-alls who think they know who should be champion, who should be squashed, who's good for buisness etc, that throughly disgusts me, only the WWE knows what's good for buisness, even when they make mistakes themselves, it should NOT fall to fifteen year old pot smoking nerds to assume the posistion of booker and dictate what they should do to save thier skin.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:55 PM   #103
Peanut
Second Gear

I'll have to agree with you.

Orton's face turn was a disaster, both to the WWE and to his career. He makes a great heel, but he just doesn't seem to have that same appeal as a face.

As for RVD, well I like him. He does entertain me, much as Mick Foley, who has a severe lack of any wrestling skill entertained me. If the IWC bashes RVD for being a bump machine, than what should they be thinking of Foley?

Sometimes I wander over to the Wrestlezone forums, and what I see is usually beyond ridiculous. If any of those people had their hands in the business it would be doing even worse than it is now. Speaking of how bad the business is, does anyone see another boom coming in the next couple years, because I don't.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:00 PM   #104
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
Sometimes I wander over to the Wrestlezone forums, and what I see is usually beyond ridiculous. If any of those people had their hands in the business it would be doing even worse than it is now. Speaking of how bad the business is, does anyone see another boom coming in the next couple years, because I don't.

You have people claiming TNA is the next big promotion, when in all honesty, it's the solution that COULD have been, Jarret is not the greatest choice as champion, the X Division and Tag Team division is great, but that's it, they've screwed up more times by wasting money on broken-down crap like Hall and Nash, and hiring anyone who happens to be fired by the WWE in seconds, regardless of how good they are. It's a shame, I'm a fan of TNA, but I'm not as deluded as most of it's fanbase is. It's not big, and it's losing a lot of money.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:07 PM   #105
Peanut
Second Gear

TNA looked like a bright spot, but I don't see that anymore. Jarret is probably the worst champion they could have. I also agree with their spending money on broken down wrestlers. Especially ones as undependable as Hall and Nash. The X-Division and the Tag division are great to be sure, but they even lost one of their bigger X-Division talents in Frankie Kazarian. How long is it before they start losing the even bigger ones? Petey Williams and AJ Styles? With their style they would go over like crazy in the WWE.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:21 PM   #106
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

The problem I see, is that Petey Williams and AJ Styles would be looked over by Vinnie Mac because they aren't big enough. AJ Styles especially has all the tools to be THE guy in the Industry though.

As for TNA, I enjoy it quite a bit. I see what you guys are talking about, I think they should put the World Title on AJ Styles, or Raven, or hell, even Jeff Hardy. (You heard me, Jeff Hardy would be a better champ) I'm a fan of Jarrett, but he doesn't need the Championship. I also think they should re-introduce the NWA North American Title in to TNA. (I believe that's still an active Title also) With a new champ, and a better (and possibly live) TV Deal, TNA COULD be the big promotion it's trying to be, it has all the right tools, they just need to get their act together.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 10:29 PM   #107
Peanut
Second Gear

I think the TV deal is a thing that's killing TNA. As of right now they still don't have a deal to show Impact in Canada. All we get is the old PPV's on ESPN Classic Canada. Canada is a huge wrestling market. They need to get a deal done over here, then focus on getting a better deal in the States. They were supposedly close to a deal with TSN to air Impact here, but the WWE put it's foot down and stopped that pretty quickly. I guess they still feel a little threat from TNA.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:33 PM   #108
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I agree completley. Canada is a CRUCIAL Market for them (And any wrestling promotion when you get right to it.) and they need to get a deal there desperatley.

Speaking of which I finally got Team Canada's theme!!! YAY!! (I've been wanting it FOREVER)
Old 02-20-2005, 09:20 PM   #109
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Well, No Way Out was'nt that bad.

The Barbed Wire Steel Cage was a knock-off, it was just the same ordinary cage with fake barbed wire attached to the top, the only highlight was when The Big Show chokeslammed J.B.L through the ring, which allowed J.B.L to cralw UNDER the ring and win the match.

John Cena defeated Kurt Angle (no Shawn Micheals interference at all) to become the number one contender at Wrestlemania.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:20 AM   #110
Peanut
Second Gear

Just read the results and see Batista did show up. It makes me wonder if he'll go against JBL or not. I guess we'll find out tonight. I really don't see him jumping to Smackdown, because if he does end up facing JBL, who could they possibly get to face Trips?
Old 02-21-2005, 05:09 PM   #111
EZweasel
Stone Warrior

doesnt realy matter what happens in wrestling anymore. Ya know i think you people should all just stop watching it. If enough people quit watching it maybe they would put a little more effort into the storylines.

EDIT: also quit going to their live shows.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:10 PM   #112
Peanut
Second Gear

Get out of the thread if you don't like it. Don't troll.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:11 PM   #113
EZweasel
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
Get out of the thread if you don't like it. Don't troll.
this thread is about wrestling all together..Not just how good it is.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:17 PM   #114
Peanut
Second Gear

If you hadn't noticed, we were discussing completely different topics. All you do is come into this thread and spout off about how bad wrestling is. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of hearing it from you, so either post something constructive or don't post anything at all. You're entitled to an opinion of course, but just coming into the thread and saying "wrestling sucks" without any type of basis to the arguement is pointless and will only induce flames. So I ask you nicely to stop, once again, unless you have something constructive to say.

Now, if you'd like to state a reason why we should all stop watching it on TV or going to shows, please tell us.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:38 PM   #115
ZariusTwo
Overlord

EZ, you're starting to look REALLY desperate in terms of trolling this place now, you're a broken record, you say the same s*it day in, and day out, with nothing constructive to offer.

You might no longer like wrestling, but there are fans here who have been watching it long before you ever did, and have stood WITH it through the good and bad times, the WWE is no exception, and there are plenty of other promotions out there to watch.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:30 PM   #116
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

EZ, for someone who was trying to get your warning removed, You are very close to getting another one.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:37 PM   #117
Peanut
Second Gear

Wow, RAW is just...not good tonight. A bunch of squash matches that belong on Heat, none of which served a purpose, with the exception of debuting Masters, which was a completely dead match anyways. It seems like most of the night hasn't even meant anything so far. Benoit vs Hassan at WM21? I sure as hell hope not. To shove Benoit down like that is a complete travesty. Very little coming out of this show, and there's only about 35 minutes left. It seems like the only thing they focused on is Batista, then they threw the rest of the show together without purpose.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:44 PM   #118
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I enjoyed the Edge and Christian Vs Randy/HBK Match. But that's really about it.
The Women's title match wasn't so bad (Considering it was the Women's title) and if Snitsky wins my Intercontinental, I mean Shelton's Intercontinental title at WM21 I'm gunna be pissed. I ****ing hate Snitsky.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:48 PM   #119
Peanut
Second Gear

Yeah, the E&C vs Orton/HBK match was cool, if only to see E&C back together, and boy can HBK get the crowd going. All he needs to do is ask! I hope the Snitsky/Benjamin thing is done. I'd like to see a decent IC title match at WM.

Edit: Offically Batista vs HHH at WM21. Batista put on quite a show tonight, the terrible hour and 50 minutes was almost worth enduring to see him slam dunk that punk HHH through the table.

Last edited by Peanut; 02-21-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:36 PM   #120
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Great, so out of ALL the main events, the only person who can actually wrestle is Triple H (Batista being an overated three-move wonder, J.B.L being nothing but a gimmick, and Cena being an unmotivated one-move wonder)

By the way, it's been known for a while now Stephenie Mcmahon is booking the shows backstage, Vince tore both his quads at the Royal Rumble and is out of action on both fronts...

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling