The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-10-2015, 11:29 PM   #41
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Is there even a general consensus? I liked Arnold a lot but I don't think it was the best. I think for me it was Doug. If Disney was interested enough in acquiring it then it must've been the biggest thing Nick had not named Rugrats. Really enjoyed almost everything they put out though, Aah! Real Monsters, Rugrats, Rocko, Angry Beavers etc. I'm usre I'm missing some old favorites. It wasn't until Catdog/Rocket Power/Wild thorn berries that I lost interest but then again that's about the time I was becoming a teenager and had different tastes.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:31 PM   #42
senpai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Is there even a general consensus? I liked Arnold a lot but I don't think it was the best. I think for me it was Doug. Really enjoyed almost everything they put out though, Aah! Real Monsters, Rugrats, Rocko, Angry Beavers etc. I'm usre I'm missing some old favorites. It wasn't until Catdog/Rocket Power/Wild thorn berries that I lost interest but then again that's about the time I was becoming a teenager and had different tastes.
Yeah that was about the time I lost interest in Nick cartoons as well. I loved Angry Beavers... I actually wouldn't mind seeing a new version of that. I bet that'd be really funny.
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:33 PM   #43
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well isn't the 00's when Nick radically changed? I'm guessing all their original audience was growing up by then and they had a totally different demographic now instead of us wild 90s kids. I guess it worked too since they seem to still be somewhat relevant even if not in their 90s ways. We can be proud that we made Nick what it is though similar to how 80s kids made MTV.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:39 PM   #44
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Wonder if they could get the Rocket Power characters in there. Sure Otto, Twister, and Sam would need to be recast since their voice actors were kids and boys...but what the hey. Oh Tito would need to be recast as well since his voice actor died a few years ago.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:29 AM   #45
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post
I think we can all agree that Hey Arnold! was by far the most superior cartoon on Nick way back when. That one deserves the revival or it can continue to RIP. Either way it wins.
I can agree with you. I sampled all Nicktoons debuted between 1991-1999 and its easily my favorite.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:49 AM   #46
DarthRaphael

Best Nick toon? Have you all forgot about Ren and Stimpy???

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:22 AM   #47
senpai
Stone Warrior

Ren & Stimpy is still very good too. Ren might be my favorite cartoon character of all time. The only thing that sucked is after the creator left after season 2, the show lost it's edge.

Hey Arnold! stayed consistent...forgot how many seasons it had but yeah. Both were fantastic shows!

I love it when Ren gets mad.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #48
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRaphael View Post
Best Nick toon? Have you all forgot about Ren and Stimpy???
That show really pushed the boundaries. I wouldn't say it was bad but i don't think it was the best. It's all personal preference. It's not as good to watch as an adult. i remember watching it a few years ago and i picked up on a lot of stuff and i wasn't feeling it. I understand it's merits though.

Also they should do one for the early 2000's too if only to put invader zim in there cause i feel like a clash between him and some of the 90's shows would be crazy, invader zim and anyone else would be pretty rad actually.

Imagine zim meeting jimmy neutron?!
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #49
senpai
Stone Warrior

Now...Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm relying only on memory here, but didn't Jhonen Vasquez push Invader Zim a little far in some episodes as well? I loved that show when I was in high school but watching it now and having a different sense of humor I can say only from a personal perspective that Zim doesn't hold strong anymore.

I also just wanna say one last thing thing about Arnold and then I'll shut up. Dat music! So good!
Old 09-12-2015, 07:30 PM   #50
Dr. Terminus
Foot Soldier

Hey Arnold! all the way. I'd take any of the 90s toons and be a happy camper though.
Dr. Terminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:12 PM   #51
THGhost
Puppet Master

So apparently Nicktoons is developing a live-action/animated hybrid movie featuring a ton of Nicktoons characters with Paramount, including Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy and The Angry Beavers. This pleases me a lot!

http://www.slashfilm.com/nicktoons-movie/

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #52
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
So apparently Nicktoons is developing a live-action/animated hybrid movie featuring a ton of Nicktoons characters with Paramount, including Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy and The Angry Beavers. This pleases me a lot!

http://www.slashfilm.com/nicktoons-movie/
That's already been posted.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:35 PM   #53
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
That's already been posted.
I see that. I just posted it again to annoy you. j/k. I was just posting how I felt about it.

It's great that The Angry Beavers are gonna be included. That's mighty big of Nick after they supposedly broke one of their rules. And I guess it looks like Rugrats' "All Grown Up" is gonna be completely retconned by this movie, and I'm okay with that.

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Last edited by THGhost; 09-13-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:46 PM   #54
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I see that. I just posted it again to annoy you. I was just posting how I felt about it.

It's great that The Angry Beavers are gonna be included. That's mighty big of Nick after they supposedly broke one of their rules. And I guess it looks like Rugrats' "All Grown Up" is gonna be completely retconned by this movie, and I'm okay with that.
Not necessarily. Turtles Forever is cannon for the 2003 cartoon, but not the 1987 cartoon as it is more parody and not taken directly from the series is itself lending a specific point in which the characters crossover with the 2003 series. If this mega crossover has a specific show at the center of it is likely non-canon for any series.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:49 PM   #55
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Not necessarily. Turtles Forever is cannon for the 2003 cartoon, but not the 1987 cartoon as it is more parody and not taken directly from the series is itself lending a specific point in which the characters crossover with the 2003 series. If this mega crossover has a specific show at the center of it is likely non-canon for any series.
Anything to make people not think about All Grown Up is fine by me.

Hopefully this will lead to some Nicktoons getting DVD releases. I'm sure there'll be some that either didn't get any or didn't get every episode released. I know Shout Factory released all of Angry Beavers and Hey Arnold not that long ago which is awesome.

Last edited by THGhost; 09-13-2015 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #56
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The whole Hey Arnold! series of 100 episodes is only $20 at your local Wal-Mart. Its the best deal of any complete series that lasted more than a single season long.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #57
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
It's great that The Angry Beavers are gonna be included. That's mighty big of Nick after they supposedly broke one of their rules.
No one who cared about this "rule" that worked at Nickelodeon in the 90s is still working there.

Quote:
Turtles forever is meant to be in continuity for both shows even if there are a ton of contradictions in the way the OT turtles were treated.

Quote:
Anything to make people not think about All Grown Up is fine by me.
Why is All Grown Up so hated?
I only watched an episode or two because I was a teenager and didn't care about it at the time but even then while it was weird having them as teenagers the episodes were far from bad, it was what it was, a kids show.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #58
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
No one who cared about this "rule" that worked at Nickelodeon in the 90s is still working there.
Thank God. Here's hoping they renew a bunch of their old shows for full new seasons, including Angry Beavers.

I'm making it so obvious that I'm a huge Angry Beavers fan, aren't I?

Old 09-13-2015, 04:44 PM   #59
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:

Turtles forever is meant to be in continuity for both shows even if there are a ton of contradictions in the way the OT turtles were treated.

Why is All Grown Up so hated?
I only watched an episode or two because I was a teenager and didn't care about it at the time but even then while it was weird having them as teenagers the episodes were far from bad, it was what it was, a kids show.
I actually liked AGU and for me, since about 1994, I was interested in seeing the characters aged.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:21 AM   #60
senpai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The whole Hey Arnold! series of 100 episodes is only $20 at your local Wal-Mart. Its the best deal of any complete series that lasted more than a single season long.
Oooo! Thanks for that info, MikeandRaph87! <3