The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-03-2019, 06:05 AM   #41
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpieturtlemix View Post
Learning to make comics in college, we always learned that reboot was an attempt to save a failing series.
Giving a dead franchise new life after some years is the first I think of.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:47 PM   #42
Leo656
The Franchise

Isn't the whole "ninja clans with identifiable colors/logos" thing a myth, anyway? Something someone made up for movies and TV, kinda like the generic "black pajama ninjas" themselves? I swear I heard that somewhere more than once.

If it's not actually a real thing, then "Red bandannas make them more like a ninja clan" is, essentially, just something someone made up to reinforce their personal preference.

I don't know for certain, but that's what I suspect to be the truth. People over-thinking things to reinforce what they like best. Truthfully, there's zero logic in the masks anyway, no matter what color they are. Think about it, if anyone ever got close to them in a fight, they could choke 'em with it, yank it sideways so it covers their eyes and they can't see... just wearing them at all puts them at a tactical disadvantage. They're only there because "It looks cool".

I wish people could be honest and just say, "I don't need a reason, I just like it this way better." Applying logic to things where logic has no place to begin with is... questionable. We shouldn't be debating Colored Bandannas vs. Red Bandannas; we should be asking why something that makes zero sense at all has persisted this long to begin with.

I mean, I'm glad they wear the masks (I prefer colors myself), but it's objectively a dumb thing to have no matter what color they are. It's just a look.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #43
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I can take or leave the different colored bandannas but it would be nice to see the original red ones make a return in another version, some day. Likely one aimed at older audiences.
I feel the same way, I would love to see the red ones make a comeback in some way for a more extended period. Maybe not on a permanent basis seeing as I do enjoy the colored bandanas a lot for obvious reasons. But I would definitely not be opposed to seeing them have their place in a major story arc for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
It would be awesome if they would use them on missions and then used the colorized ones when they are being social with others like April, Mutanimals ect.....
This is an interesting idea but what would be the point of them changing so much? I think it would be better to either stick with the colored bandanas or the red bandanas at all times.
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:23 PM   #44
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I don't know for certain, but that's what I suspect to be the truth. People over-thinking things to reinforce what they like best. Truthfully, there's zero logic in the masks anyway, no matter what color they are. Think about it, if anyone ever got close to them in a fight, they could choke 'em with it, yank it sideways so it covers their eyes and they can't see... just wearing them at all puts them at a tactical disadvantage. They're only there because "It looks cool".

I mean, I'm glad they wear the masks (I prefer colors myself), but it's objectively a dumb thing to have no matter what color they are. It's just a look.
That and the fact, of course, that the masks don't hide their identities at all. They're giant fvcking anthropomorphic turtles. The police sketch artist won't have much trouble getting a witness to recognize them.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:31 PM   #45
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

I think if the series was to ever be rebooted again, I'd be fine with a more Mirage based grittier version or another IDW version that has a healthy medium that has something for everyone.

But I think I'd also be really interested in seeing another version similar to the Image run of comics. Its so drastically different, and honestly, more suited for an 'adult oriented' run like so many want that it wouldnt be the worst idea to attempt again. Especially if they were to keep the Rise of the TMNT books going as a series garnered towards younger generations. Everyone would be included in tmnt universe, and we'd get to see how well a more adult tmnt would do in this day and age.

If it didn't do well, it would be easy to reboot and do something that works better like the IDW series again.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #46
AquaParade
Banned

I'd love to see two concurrent series that cater to slightly different crowds.
Sort of like Marvel has done with Spider-Man, fairly successfully.

The main series pleases so many fans, and it's a great universe their building. I'd like to have another series aimed at a readership more akin to Mirage.

Easier said than done.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #47
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'd love to see two concurrent series that cater to slightly different crowds.
Sort of like Marvel has done with Spider-Man, fairly successfully.

The main series pleases so many fans, and it's a great universe their building. I'd like to have another series aimed at a readership more akin to Mirage.

Easier said than done.
I feel like I've seen this happening with a lot of titles lately. I mean, TMNT already has the main IDW series as well as the Amazing Adventures run (I'm fairly certain I've seen Rise book as well) so its not an impossible idea to try and run with. Making a series more directly resonating with the Mirage run would be very interesting and I honestly feel it would do well.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:17 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

As I said before, I wouldn't expect another comic universe reboot until IDW loses the license in the far future and they give it to another comic publisher like say Dark Horse to do their own universe with. Like after the IDW run ends and Nick teams up with a new comic book publisher, of course we're likely to get another reboot.

But as long as IDW maintains the license they have no reason to do one. And as said we already have secondary comics based on the cartoons from them so I don't think they want to do more than that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:49 PM   #49
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb1018 View Post
I feel like I've seen this happening with a lot of titles lately. I mean, TMNT already has the main IDW series as well as the Amazing Adventures run (I'm fairly certain I've seen Rise book as well) so its not an impossible idea to try and run with. Making a series more directly resonating with the Mirage run would be very interesting and I honestly feel it would do well.
Right.

Maybe if they do some kind of time jump in the main series at some point. They could leave some room for some for the other series to play out.

Concurrently running series is the more likely option, but that could mean a lot of work for Bobby to try and keep everything straight, while satisfying all creators.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #50
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Right.

Maybe if they do some kind of time jump in the main series at some point. They could leave some room for some for the other series to play out.

Concurrently running series is the more likely option, but that could mean a lot of work for Bobby to try and keep everything straight, while satisfying all creators.
Hopefully that it would have main villains as in big bads and an actual rogues gallery that was the thing mirage comics lacked no offense to mirage fans later versions added their rogues gallery so I guess if they want it to resemble mirage they now must update their villains in major roles and actually have big bads from now on. Archie and idw did expand on the villains and they do have a lot of big bads maybe if the what tmnt reboot resembled mirage tmnt it would now have expanded the rogues gallery and having actually overarchaing villains since newer fans would be confused as heck that is what I see with the reboot.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:27 PM   #51
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Crush the f***ing rainbow!
Yeah you tell'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I might be missing something obvious here but I just never got the point.
I associate the original TMNT with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
But mirage had it's promblems you didn't read volume 4 Peter laird didn't even finish it dude plus it made April a freaking drawing.
For me Mirage TMNT is the starting point for the franchise and it's what everything is built on so I go with that.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:34 PM   #52
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

The turtles don't need to walk around with the ambition of killing people just for fun, but if you play around with those weapons and fight on rooftops, people will get killed sooner or later.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:47 PM   #53
Leo656
The Franchise

Christ, that's how us kids used to party back then in the 80s. We always figured, "Screw it, the kid who can't do a pull-up doesn't get to have kids of his own." Nobody sued, they just moved. But that's the way it was... and we LIKED it!

Then everybody got sensitive. Sure, people are living longer, but at what price?!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
archie, comics, idw, mirage, tmnt