The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 02-14-2019, 03:25 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Cows only exist on the planet to be eaten and consumed by man. It's like they have no point otherwise.

Just like horses existed for humans to travel on for 150,000 years before the automobile was invented. Can you imagine how humans would have traveled large distances or delivered goods and services and food if the horse never existed for B.C. to the late 1800's? It's also funny how horses allow humans to ride them, very few other animals would ever allow humans to sit on them, let alone be able to support the weight of a human.

It's weird...what if the horse never existed? How would humans have traveled all the way up from B.C. to 1899?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:28 PM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Cows only exist on the planet to be eaten and consumed by man. It's like they have no point otherwise.

Just like horses existed for humans to travel on for 150,000 years before the automobile was invented. Can you imagine how humans would have traveled large distances or delivered goods and services and food if the horse never existed for B.C. to the late 1800's? It's also funny how horses allow humans to ride them, very few other animals would ever allow humans to sit on them, let alone be able to support the weight of a human.

It's weird...what if the horse never existed? How would humans have traveled all the way up from B.C. to 1899?
Cows provide us with leather, beef, and milk. And Chik-fil-a marketing, apparently.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:30 PM   #23
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

In India I think cows are considered sacred. But I’m not qualified to speak on that. Camels, donkeys and elephants are also riding critters.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #24
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The ironic thing, it's probably worse for trying to acclimate to veganism. Because now there's 500,000 individuals of 1500 pound meat beasts being completely wasted.

At least with trying to go more "green" with meat, the number of livestock as a whole would at least just be significantly decreased, allowing their care to be significantly improved for superior meat quality for people who still eat meat (because a lot of people actually do need to eat red meat). But this is not that.

This is just a waste in every direction possible.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Cows provide us with leather
And these 500,000 cow carcasses still can! Emergency power should summon up as many leatherworkers to Australia posthaste, after they get all that good meat into the freezer.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

Cows are such mindless animals they don't even realize they're only bred and harvested to be consumed by man. Same with chickens really. Sometimes it makes you wonder how things would be different if an alien species specifically bred humans to eat at some point.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:44 PM   #27
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The meat is definitely no good anymore. I don't think any part is. Except maybe as plant fertilizer.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:07 PM   #28
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Sometimes it makes you wonder how things would be different if an alien species specifically bred humans to eat at some point.
That would be an interesting movie. Have you ever seen ‘the island.’ Not exactly the same. But...

Spoiler:
Wealthy people can buy clones and then harvest them for organs. The clones think they are waiting to be selected for a dream island. They are living under the ground and think the world is uninhabitable. Except for the island. If you win the lottery you get to go to the island. But really it means your wealthy sponsor is near death and needs a part.
IIRC
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #29
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Cows are such mindless animals they don't even realize they're only bred and harvested to be consumed by man. Same with chickens really. Sometimes it makes you wonder how things would be different if an alien species specifically bred humans to eat at some point.
You are such a fascinating individual, you know that?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:30 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Except maybe as plant fertilizer.
PLANT fertilizer, you say? I think we have more than enough of those...
Old 02-14-2019, 05:17 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
You are such a fascinating individual, you know that?
Homo sapiens, our ancient ancestors, became self aware and our brains evolved over thousands of years. Meanwhile you look at other animals and they're the same mindless beasts the were 100,000 years ago. They just roam the wild lands and have no understanding what they are or where they come from. It's why ancient savages have always consumed meat. They merely exist to be eaten and consumed by man.

As I said before, it's almost as if animals exist for humans. What if the horse never existed? How would we have traveled for thousands of years? What if the cow never existed? One of the biggest sources of food on the planet would have been gone, and I say this as someone who barely eats hamburgers anymore.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:35 PM   #32
frank_one
Mad Scientist

500,000+? They're 300,000 cows according to the article linked in the first post.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:02 PM   #33
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
500,000+? They're 300,000 cows according to the article linked in the first post.
Many more could have died from starvation and/or exhaustion.

It's so sad. This planet is getting worse.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:20 AM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Many more could have died from starvation and/or exhaustion.

It's so sad. This planet is getting worse.
But arguably 500,000 cows farting and pooping and consuming resources suddenly being removed from being improves conditions on the planet. Even if that delicious bovine meat isn't viable, surely the people that would be eating the cow meat during the same interval as it would be on shelves until it went bad could eat... chicken. Or pork.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:20 AM   #35
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
But arguably 500,000 cows farting and pooping and consuming resources suddenly being removed from being improves conditions on the planet. Even if that delicious bovine meat isn't viable, surely the people that would be eating the cow meat during the same interval as it would be on shelves until it went bad could eat... chicken. Or pork.
I think the point being made here is that the flooding was a consequence of climate change. Getting rid of half a million cows probably isn't going to bring us back from the brink, either. Were it that easy, someone would've done it already.

I have to eat hamburgers and steak to save the planet? I'm the hero you're looking for. Where do I sign up?
Old 02-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #36
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I think the point being made here is that the flooding was a consequence of climate change. Getting rid of half a million cows probably isn't going to bring us back from the brink, either. Were it that easy, someone would've done it already.

I have to eat hamburgers and steak to save the planet? I'm the hero you're looking for. Where do I sign up?
We're forming a league. Or a vengeful team. Whichever.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
We're forming a league. Or a vengeful team. Whichever.

Tags
cow mass death, flood did nothing wrong, steak is back on the menu, that is a tasty burger!