The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Batman Cartoon?
The Batman/Superman Hour/ The Adventures Of Batman (196 0 0%
The New Adventures Of Batman (1977) 0 0%
Batman: The Animated Series (1992) 10 66.67%
The New Batman Adventures (1997) 1 6.67%
Batman Beyond (1999) 2 13.33%
The Batman (2004) 0 0%
Batman: The Brave And The Bold (200 1 6.67%
Beware The Batman (2013) 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2017, 11:04 PM   #1
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Favorite Batman Cartoon?

Over the years there have been many different Batman cartoons. Which was your favorite and what did you think of each?

My thoughts:

The Batman/Superman Hour/The Adventures of Batman: I don't remember this show at all so I don't have an opinion.

The New Adventures of Batman: I don't remember this show either so no opinion.

Batman: The Animated Series: Not much can be said that hasn't been said throughout the years. A classic show. Considered by many to be the truest and best version of Batman. And I can see why. I have many fond memories of watching this show. The cast of characters were great and made for some memorable stories. My personal favorite.

The New Batman Adventures: I was never as interested in this one. It was pretty good from what I remember but I'm not as inclined to watch it as much as it's predecessor.

Batman Beyond: One of my favorite Batman cartoons. Seeing an elderly Bruce train and mentor Terry in how to continue the Batman legacy was great. Terry was a pretty cool character IMO. The futuristic setting made for some cool stories. There was also some great variety in the villains and their designs.

The Batman: A commonly overlooked show that was pretty good. I REALLY liked the first season. It had some great storytelling and the way they presented old characters was a refreshing take on them. The new characters Ethen and Detective Yin were great. The conflict between Ethan/Clayface and Batman was a great one that I wish would've continued on longer. Detective Yin was a great character too, one that I wish would show up in other versions. Overall the first season was great. Unfortunately, as it went on it started to get bad little by little and I don't think it ever got better (I dropped it after watching their poor excuse for a The Dark Knight Returns adaptation). The whole tension between Clayface and Batman eventually become non-existent and Yin was written off the show with no explanation, which were horrible ideas. I will say this about the later seasons: it was a pretty ballsy move introducing Batgirl before Robin, but they managed to make it work.

Batman: The Brave And The Bold: A fun show with a lot of fun characters. This show made me like Blue Beetle, Elastic Man, and Bat Mite.

Beware The Batman: The latest Batman show and it wasn't very good. I really didn't like the animation and the story was pretty boring at times. But it did manage to reintroduce pretty obscure characters to the franchise and for that I give it props. I also liked their version of Magpie.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:11 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I don't watch the Batman cartoons much so I dont have much to say about them but out of all of them my favourite is TAS.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:12 PM   #3
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

How do I edit polls?
Those smile faces weren't supposed to be there.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:20 PM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Batman The Animated Series/New Batman Adventures/Batman Beyond that's all you need in terms of perfect batman cartoons

The Batman was ok

Batman Brave and The Bold is good if you like Golden/Silver Age batman.

I still stand by the TimmVerse bat shows are perfection
Old 08-30-2017, 12:12 AM   #5
sdp
-

It's going to be a boring poll since everyone loves BTAS even if other cartoons have done some things better, BTAS is overall the best. But I'll write my opinions on each series:

The Batman/Superman Hour/ The Adventures Of Batman :I don't think I ever watched this one which is odd that I didn't know it existed I thought the New adventures was the first solo cartoon. Seems like it's very similar to New Adventures though.

The New Adventures Of Batman : This one I do remember and I hated it, I only ever watched it because I couldn't get enough of BTAS and I was mad that this version is the one who crossed over. I thought the "new" adventures made reference to the live action 60s show and not the previous cartoon.

Batman: The Animated Series - Loved it as kid and when I re-discovered it as an adult and saw that it held up I was shocked.

The New Batman Adventures ( - I know many people hated the change but as a kid I loved it since Batman felt "new" and not "old looking" like the early BTAS episodes. The quality might not be as good as BTAS but it's still top tier. I especially loved that it had Nightwing and an older "bat family".

Batman Beyond - Expected to hate it only to become one of my favorite Batman series, I'd rank it underneath BTAS but the fact that its so different and still awesome makes me rank it high.

The Batman - Never given a chance since when it premiered the DCAU which took part in the BTAS universe was still going strong. Since I had left cartoons for many years and only came back to like them when this showed premier I didn't have any bias and watched it for what it was. Very underrated and heavily criticized by mostly nitpicking it. Joker and Penguin having too many episodes and mostly crappy episodes is the only valid criticism I agree with 100%. The later seasons tried too hard to be BTAS while the early seasons did the exact opposite, I prefer the earlier seasons while most prefer the "BTAS lite" later seasons. The last season is trash.

Batman: The Brave And The Bold - Didn't expect to like it and find the first 13 episodes terrible, but luckily the show found its footing later on and had awesome after awesome episode. Of course a few hit and misses but awesome show.

Beware The Batman: Only got to watch like 3 episodes or so, they were ok, didn't love or hate them.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:52 AM   #6
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

Not much opinion on the pre-B:TAS shows, but the Filmation one was trash, even by 70's standards. Easily the worst Batman cartoon ever.

B:TAS, of course, is the best. It changed not only Batman cartoons, but animation as a whole. While some episodes have become dated, it still has some great episodes and iconic moments. This was the show that got me into superheroes as a whole, so I will be forever grateful to it.

TNBA was okay, but it only had two or three great episodes. The rest of it was just kind of dull. I did not like how cold this Bruce Wayne was compared to how he was portrayed in B:TAS.

Batman Beyond was fun, but I always consider it more of a Spider-Man cartoon. It still did a lot of cool things with what could've been a cheesy premise.

The Batman had a really strong season four and some good episodes sprinkled through, but on the whole, it's kind of mediocre. The writing was inconsistent and they liked to introduce concepts or characters just to dump them later. Not to mention the overuse of Joker and Penguin.

Batman: the Brave and the Bold was a lot of fun. Great aesthetic, fun characters, and expert use of the DC universe. I almost hesitate to call it a Batman show, due to how well it highlights other superheroes and villains.

Beware the Batman is incredibly underrated, and for some weird reason, probably my favorite. Sure, the backgrounds are kind of sterile, but it did take a lot of risks with the typical Batman formula to create something new. Not to mention, it's the first serialized Batman cartoon, and I can't believe it took this long for us to get one.
M.O.D.O.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:02 AM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I've only ever seen Batman TAS, back when I was a kid. I'll rewatch it eventually with my kids.

Keep meaning to watch The Batman because it's on Netflix, but cartoons are really, reaaaaaaally low on my priority list.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:55 PM   #8
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier

Love both Batman TAS and Beyond, but the edge goes to Beyond. Love the original take on Batman, and it was done really well.
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote