The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-01-2017, 07:03 AM   #601
DSTZach
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPressApril View Post
Ooookay sorry. I honestly didn't realize that. I can't very well b!*^# you out for something that happened before you. No wonder you have no clue what I am talking about. Again, sorry. Tell Chuck that if he wants to recoup his prototyping cost for that original Silver Seven figure I will gladly pay what it cost him to prototype it, providing that it is still in good condition. It doesn't have to be a total loss for his company. I have to try lol.
I know what you're talking about, I just wasn't working here at the time, so I wasn't privy to all of the discussions. I may have covered them when I was at ToyFare magazine, but obviously I wasn't informed on company decisions at the time. BUT a quick bit of research showed me the price the first wave was ultimately offered at, $20 each, and I am fairly certain I have been told that the reason they and the final TOS wave of figures were not produced was due to orders.

We have offered figures on our website, but those were mostly variants -- not new sculpts, which require a very high quantity to cost out at the price we normally charge. I don't think we have ever sold more than a thousand of any item through our site.

And we do not sell prototypes, since they are produced under license from CBS, for the purposes of making product, and they not something we can simply sell. But each figure costs thousands of dollars to design, sculpt and paint, so mass-producing one is not something we walk away from easily and happily.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:36 AM   #602
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

I covered all of this with you in private message, you know the one you ignored. Take Care Zach.
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:11 AM   #603
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

DSTZach, what if they were done as 4-packs like the Classic Turtles? You could have four 4-packs in cases of 12/16/20, and arranged to encourage collecting all 4 sets to complete the Turtles and main bad guys...

Set 1:
Leonardo - Splinter - Baxter Stockman - Foot Soldier
Set 2:
Donatello - April - Krang (android body) - Foot Soldier
Set 3:
Raphael - Casey Jones - Bebop - Foot Soldier
Set 4:
Michelangelo - Shredder - Rocksteady - Foot Soldier

Heck, as much as I would hate it, even done as shared convention exclusives. This way there's added enticement for collectibility amongst not only hardcore fans, but casual fans as well.

Would that make a release more of a possibility?
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #604
MisterMiracle
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyu2112 View Post
DSTZach, what if they were done as 4-packs ...and arranged to encourage collecting all 4 sets to complete the Turtles and main bad guys...
Noooooooooo!

If the first box set didn't sell well enough to keep going then we're stuck with yet another incomplete team. I think you have to put out the big guns first with all 4 turtles and then go from there in order of importance on the others.
MisterMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #605
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMiracle View Post
Noooooooooo!

If the first box set didn't sell well enough to keep going then we're stuck with yet another incomplete team. I think you have to put out the big guns first with all 4 turtles and then go from there in order of importance on the others.
Yes big guns first.

Donatello, Casey, Bebop, and Rocksteady.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #606
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

DST has always been amazing with me! Once I had an issue with a figure missing a piece and they helped me out. (not only that, but sent me a brand new figure entirely) and they also helped me get my hands on the exclusive Donnie from SDCC. Customer service has always been above and beyond in my opinion, but I will be super bummed if this line doesn't make it to production.

I had a case preordered from Entertainment Earth the first day they became available to preorder. Seems like with the new series winding down everyone is getting a bit hesitant of producing new TMNT product across the line. I've noticed a lot of companies seemingly slowing production or stopping entirely, like Mega Construx, etc. Playmates seems to be slowing down as well but I'm sure that will change when the new series launches. NECA seems to still be going strong at least with the classic lines.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:44 AM   #607
MisterMiracle
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
DST has always been amazing with me!...and they also helped me get my hands on the exclusive Donnie from SDCC. Customer service has always been above and beyond in my opinion, but I will be super bummed if this line doesn't make it to production.
How did they help you with the SDCC Donnie? I've had zero luck trying to track one down and I've been wanting to complete that version of the team for like two years now.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:35 PM   #608
MisterMiracle
Foot Soldier

Does anyone happen to have one of those SDCC 2017 Donatello Minimates?
Old 09-24-2017, 09:35 PM   #609
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
There's one on Ebay for $45 if you're willing to spend that
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Muta...MAAOSwzx9Zv0DS
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:46 PM   #610
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
I have one. NFS.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #611
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
How did they help you with the SDCC Donnie? I've had zero luck trying to track one down and I've been wanting to complete that version of the team for like two years now.

I just emailed their customer service and asked if there was any way I could buy one direct. I just explained I'm on the east coast and couldn't afford to fly to SDCC to get one, but I have ALL the other TMNT minimates. They asked to see pictures of my collection and when I sent them and they laughed and said they would send me one, and they DID! They were very awesome!

Old 10-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #612
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I just emailed their customer service and asked if there was any way I could buy one direct. I just explained I'm on the east coast and couldn't afford to fly to SDCC to get one, but I have ALL the other TMNT minimates. They asked to see pictures of my collection and when I sent them and they laughed and said they would send me one, and they DID! They were very awesome!
That’s pretty awesome of them.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:29 PM   #613
ToSte
Hench Mutant

Quote:
That's pretty rad. For once dedication actually pays off!
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:58 PM   #614
tmntman
Mad Scientist

That's pretty cool indeed. So DSTZach, how many photos of my collection would you like inorder for you to send me the cancelled 80's style figures? Just let me know, my camera is ready.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:37 PM   #615
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

It was certainly very nice of them. I offered to pay but seeing I had every other one I guess they thought I earned a free Donnie <3 Super awesome company! I hope they reconsider the line

Old 10-26-2017, 10:49 AM   #616
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

The Classic TMNT wave has been cancelled

DST has announced they will not be released their previously announced line of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic Cartoon Minimates Series 1 figures.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=...edium=facebook
Old 10-26-2017, 12:24 PM   #617
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Man, that sucks balls for those who enjoyed these figures
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #618
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
The Classic TMNT wave has been cancelled

DST has announced they will not be released their previously announced line of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic Cartoon Minimates Series 1 figures.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=...edium=facebook
That's been known for a while now, when I saw your post, at first glance, I thought that these figures would actually be released
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #619
Powder
So tired of this place

I will mourn the loss of Casey Jones, but remain otherwise unphased.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:58 PM   #620
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

I actually met DSTZach at NYCC and got to talk to him for a bit about all things DST TMNT. He said the orders just weren’t there for the Classic Minimates. BUT, just because they are cancelled doesn’t mean they’ll never get released. He also told me about some other REALLY exciting TMNT product that has been designed (and believe me, when he told me what it was I got *really* excited)... but that it’s really just a matter of timing. He also said they might be looking at other ways to get the stuff out to us by other avenues. I had mentioned the upcoming series Nick has coming, and he responded that might be a good time for them to look at releasing some TMNT goodness again. But for now, TMNT is on hiatus for DST.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote