The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 03:13 PM   #101
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Don Turtelli is my favourite of the bunch.
I saw all season 3 as a child, but didn't remember much of his tickle torture.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:44 PM   #102
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

One thing I love about the show is that it had an ending unlike many 80s/90s cartoons of the time which abruptly ended with no closure.

Ninja Turtles could've so easily gone the same route, but I think the ending was perfect. The turtles defeat the most dangerous enemy they've faced, Dregg with the power of the galaxie's most dangerous aliens multiplied a hundredfold, using Krang's android body from the ruined technodrome and then are congratulated by Splinter as being Ninja Masters who are his equals.

My favourite tmnt ending by far. I think it really payed off considering how many adventures the 80s turtles went through.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:47 PM   #103
Overlord

Quote:
One thing I love about the show is that it had an ending unlike many 80s/90s cartoons of the time which abruptly ended with no closure.

Ninja Turtles could've so easily gone the same route, but I think the ending was perfect. The turtles defeat the most dangerous enemy they've faced, Dregg with the power of the galaxie's most dangerous aliens, using Krang's android body from the ruined technodrome and then are congrajuated by Splinter as being Ninja Masters who are his equals.

My favourite tmnt ending by far.
It's great to see the turtles walk across the abandoned Technodrome on Balaraphon in "Divide and Conquer". Think how it echoes all the way back to the first season.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:50 PM   #104
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
It's great to see the turtles walk across the abandoned Technodrome on Balaraphon in "Divide and Conquer". Think how it echoes all the way back to the first season.
Definetly, and it was also great to see them use Krang's android body to its full potential.

Ever since the 2nd episode it was teased that Krang's android body was unstoppable but we rarely ever got to see it in full force. It was awesome seeing it in its full glory, used to defeat the Turtles' final opponent using the Flying Claw Splinter's final technique taught to the Turtles.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:11 PM   #105
Overlord

Quote:
Definetly, and it was also great to see them use Krang's android body to its full potential.

Ever since the 2nd episode it was teased that Krang's android body was unstoppable but we rarely ever got to see it in full force. It was awesome seeing it in its full glory, used to defeat the Turtles' final opponent using the Flying Claw Splinter's final technique taught to the Turtles.
In the Bebop and Rocksteady crossover, the robot could also fire laser rays. I wish that was in the original series, but the idea must be from the original videogames.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:10 PM   #106
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
It got an ending but I think they could have done better. There was potential for something more epic involving more of the recurring villains from previous seasons.

Last edited by Jester; 10-05-2017 at 04:01 PM.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #107
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Ninja Turtles could've so easily gone the same route, but I think the ending was perfect. The turtles defeat the most dangerous enemy they've faced, Dregg with the power of the galaxie's most dangerous aliens multiplied a hundredfold, using Krang's android body from the ruined technodrome and then are congratulated by Splinter as being Ninja Masters who are his equals.

My favourite tmnt ending by far. I think it really payed off considering how many adventures the 80s turtles went through.
Agreed. Divide and Conquer is my favourite tmnt season finale, much better than the 4Kids one Wedding Bells and Bytes.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:44 PM   #108
Overlord

The Day the Earth Disappeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Agreed. Divide and Conquer is my favourite tmnt season finale, much better than the 4Kids one Wedding Bells and Bytes.
"The Day the Earth Disappeared" is also great.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:00 PM   #109
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
"The Day the Earth Disappeared" is also great.
Agreed. One of the best episodes in the series, imo.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:01 PM   #110
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

My favourite thing about that episode is that it made Splinter save the day and showed us he is still a formidable master despite probably aging since the beginning of the series.

My favourite moment is when Splinter says (I'm paraphrasing): "I've come not to fight, but to cast a stone in the lake! (followed by him either saying something in Japanese or making fighting noises, I cant tell lol)
Old 09-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #111
Overlord

The Day the Earth Disappeared

Quote:
Agreed. One of the best episodes in the series, imo.
I first thought it was weird, but after looking it up:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/4...e-black-holes/

But still, I wonder if that planetoid was beyond the black hole's event horizon, how were stars visible in the skies of the planetoid?

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 09-23-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #112
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
My favourite thing about that episode is that it made Splinter save the day and showed us he is still a formidable master despite probably aging since the beginning of the series.

My favourite moment is when Splinter says (I'm paraphrasing): "I've come not to fight, but to cast a stone in the lake! (followed by him either saying something in Japanese or making fighting noises, I cant tell lol)
Splinter had some of the best lines in the series alright. I especially liked when he said to Dregg that it wouldn't be the black hole that would destroy him but his own evil, foreshadowing Dregg's obsession with the Turtles being his undoing.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:20 AM   #113
Overlord

Quote:
Splinter had some of the best lines in the series alright. I especially liked when he said to Dregg that it wouldn't be the black hole that would destroy him but his own evil, foreshadowing Dregg's obsession with the Turtles being his undoing.
I like seasons 8 and 10, but not those mutations.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:59 AM   #114
pferreira
Foot Elite

I came across this interview with director Bill Wolf. It's a shame that we don't get as much insight into the show as we could have but at least it's something:

Last edited by Jester; 10-05-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #115
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I like seasons 8 and 10, but not those mutations.
Same as me, except I didn't mind the mutations, though I was glad they were written out early on in season 10. Didn't care much for nine (a lot of changes were introduced abruptly), but it had a few good episodes such as Split-Second.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:31 PM   #116
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

One thing I loved about the series was the background music.I'm surprised that for a 1980s Saturday morning cartoon, that the background music was so memorable and catchy.

As much as I like the Background Music of the later animated tmnt shows, I don't think that they both even hold a finger to the original soundtrack combined. The only other tmnt soundtracks I find as memorable are that of the 1990 film and The Turtles in Time Video game.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:14 PM   #117
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
As much as I like the Background Music of the later animated tmnt shows, I don't think that they both even hold a finger to the original soundtrack combined. The only other tmnt soundtracks I find as memorable are that of the 1990 film and The Turtles in Time Video game.
I agree. I always found it a shame the FW series was so poorly documented by production as well as the fans. I mean we have the Bill Wolf interview above but it's not much to go on.

Last edited by Jester; 10-05-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:27 AM   #118
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
One thing I loved about the series was the background music.I'm surprised that for a 1980s Saturday morning cartoon, that the background music was so memorable and catchy.

I agree about this series' soundtrack as well. The best background music in any show I've watched, live-action and animated. Pity it was never released as an album.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:42 AM   #119
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I agree about this series' soundtrack as well. The best background music in any show I've watched, live-action and animated. Pity it was never released as an album.
Dunno about best ever. Maybe as far American cartoons go, but not once you put anime in the equation.

But yes, the FW series had great background music, indeed.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:55 PM   #120
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I'm glad someone started this thread. I recently got my hands on some of the old VHS tapes. I didn't think I would still enjoy this so much as an adult. But I did. It was nice to sit down and watch something fun and light with fond memories. It got me to thinking about how as a kid I wished Dark Wing Duck was serious like TMNT.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote