The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #101
Kendamu
Sewerhead

I could feel the, "Yeah. A little too Raph," vibe when I first started hearing Rob Paulsen as Donatello, but as of the pizza cip they showed us, I didn't hear Raph at all. I heard Rob Paulsen as Donatello when he spoke.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #102
chrisdude
Foot Elite

At least or of these clips has changed, so I hope they're taking response to heart. It could be that Rob tweaked his Donnie.

I don't dislike his Donnie, it's just close to has real voice, as Raph was. But Donnie isn't an Animaniac. Turtles sound like humans, so it'd probably weird if he tried something too abnormal.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #103
dkram230
Stone Warrior

I just watched/read the Nick comics online and got my first exposure to this. I must say it will take some getting used to. But like many have said, this Donny is supposed to be a smart ass like the OT Raph was. So in a way, it's almost like Nick found a way to bring a piece of 80's TMNT to the new series. This may sound weird, but it almost makes me feel more "at home" hearing his voice with the team. And let's face it, in the OT series they constantly screwed up on pairing the voice acting to the correct turtle anyway, so you can almost say Ron Paulsen has already been doing Donny LOL.

The only voice that actually bothers me is the new Nick Raph. I've always thought as Sean Astin as kind of a dork. So hearing him as Raph, a character that's supposed to be a hard ass, is going to take some convincing for me. I'm sure I'll get used to it. the 2k3 series will probably always be my favorite, but I am loving what I see for the Nick TMNT and am sure the series will be awesome.
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #104
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

You know, when I saw a preview for the show yesterday and they were doing Raph's bio, when he spoke I thought I heard a bit of an accent in there. It was a lot subtler than 4Kids Raph, but I thought I could hear a bit of one in his voice. Or maybe my hearing's off.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #105
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Are they trying to make Donatello more likeable by taking a piece of Raphael that unfortunately seems stuck in the '87 cartoon and give it to Donatello? And to further it they have Raphael of that series already on payroll so they have him do what he did as Raphael for another turtle,Donatello or am I reading this all wrong? To quote Rita Respulsa,"I have such a headache!"

Tags
lol, nick