The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-09-2016, 01:33 PM   #21
Sumac
Banned

I remember rumors about Arni having cameo at the end of Predators.

As for Predator 2 - I like it. Good, very 80s movie, with interesting characters. I liked that it was very different from the first. I generally like when sequels do something different from the first movie.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #22
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Rodriguez can go suck it. Predator shouldn't be confined in the jungle, he can hunt everywhere. There's even an excellent reason for him being in the city, because it's hot as hell and people are fighting all around.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:49 PM   #23
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Rodriguez can go suck it. Predator shouldn't be confined in the jungle, he can hunt everywhere. There's even an excellent reason for him being in the city, because it's hot as hell and people are fighting all around.
It's the reason I liked Predator 2, cause it was set in a city filled with people, and the Predator was able to take out some of the more bad ones like the gangs.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #24
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

The jungle comes up a lot when people deride Predator II, and I guess I can see why. The jungle is a pretty interesting and colourful place, and it's creepy and mysterious; but they covered it in the Predator. What else is there to do that makes sense in an action movie? A Predator or Predators stalk some jungle fighters. If you keep going back to the jungle, you're eventually just making the same movie over and over.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #25
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Shane Black’s The Predator is Set in the Present-Day

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:59 PM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I wonder if it will take place during Christmas time, a lot of his movies are set around Christmas.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:27 PM   #27
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I wonder if it will take place during Christmas time, a lot of his movies are set around Christmas.
Oh boy, that would be AWESOME!!!

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:22 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I remember rumors about Arni having cameo at the end of Predators.
That would have been an awesome finisher. "Cahm ohn! Let's get dese ugly mathafahkas!"

Also cool would have been Danny Glover in the Laurence Fishburne role. That would have made a lot of sense.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Arnold in The Predator. That is the only sequel he should be bothering with in this stage of his career, minus King Conan/Legend of Conan/Conan the Conqueror (or whatever it's being called this week).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #29
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’ Will See a New Suit Design

Quote:
Shane Black is really ramping up the hype train for The Predator, the fourth film in the Predator franchise. He’s been letting little bits of information slip here and there to get people ready for the March 2nd, 2018 release date, such as calling the film a “…spectacle“, saying that the film takes place in present day, and stoking the possibility of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s return.

But now Black tells ComingSoon.net that there might be a change in design when it comes to the visual appearance of the one of the universe’s deadliest and most cunning hunters:

It’s not to ‘improve,’ it’s make it fun, make it different, make it organically different. So what’s the extension of it that makes sense, that’s exciting? There have been a lot of changes to Stan’s design over the years. These different Predator movies have done different things. Ultimately it’s not about design to me, it’s about the story you want to tell. There are people who are always going to agonize over Iron Man, what color his suit is. Maybe this weapon does a new thing, but if the story is not good I don’t give a sh*t what color the suit is. In ‘The Predator’ we’re doing a lot of upgrades to what you would consider to be the traditional Predator technology and look, but hopefully the story is what’s going to drag people in, not just the attention to the minutiae.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:27 PM   #30
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The Predator Would Feature an Old Arnold Schwarzenegger, If He Appears…

Quote:
Rumors have swirled for some time now about Arnold Schwarzenegger returning to the world of Predator with Shane Black’s upcoming reboot of the franchise, though no confirmation has ever come about. Speaking with CraveOnline, Black confirmed some details on the film, like its modern day seting, meaning that, like Terminator Genisys, should Schwarzenegger return, he’ll be back as “Old Arnold.”

“These things all happened in 1990,” Black says of the events in the first two Predator movies. “But now it’s 25 years later. So in other words, if Arnold [Schwarzenegger]’s in it – which I’m not allowed to discuss [laughs] – he would be old Arnold.”

Schwarzenegger appeared as Major Alan “Dutch” Schaefer in John McTiernan’s original film where he lead a United States special forces team that came under attack from an alien entity that prizes the thrill of the hunt above all else.

Black also said that the title for the film, The Predator, has significance in the film’s script,

“There is a reference in the script as to why that makes sense, but I’m not really supposed to talk about it.”

Old 05-17-2016, 05:33 PM   #31
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

I just re-watched Predators. Honestly, it's not that bad. It's not perfect, but it's one of the better horror films of the 2010s. Hopefully there will be some sort of sequel to it.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:33 PM   #32
The Deadman
Foot Elite

‘The Predator’ is Going to be an Action Spectacle

Old 06-09-2016, 10:16 AM   #33
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Shane Black Wants To Bring Mystery Back To Predator Franchise

Quote:
In an interview with IGN, writer/director Shane Black spoke about his upcoming film The Predator. The planned sequel is due out on February 9, 2018. Black said that he hopes to bring some mystery back to the franchise. Here are highlights:

On the status of The Predator: The train is rolling I should say. I think it’s pretty clear now that this is the next thing I’m gonna do, is work on that. We’re having a lot of fun. The idea is to take what has been a series of kind of modest knock-off type movies which all made a guaranteed return. Not bad movies but certainly not on the level of what Ridley [Scott] was doing with Alien and then Prometheus and now this very much lauded prequel/sequel coming up. How can I follow in the footsteps of someone who re-invents and brings that much event-ised quality to a pulp franchise. How do you get people to know about the Predator and buy their tickets a month before it comes out as opposed to just ‘What are you seeing tonight? We can see a comedy or… oh, there’s a new Predator.’ No, no, this one we want to make people aware of – we’ve paid a lot of attention, there’s even some more money spent. We’re going to get a great cast and we really just write it and write and and write it – just keep writing it to make it as interesting and stuffed with ideas as we can and hopefully to re-infuse it with a sense of mystery. The worst thing you could hope for in one of these is a shot in bright sunlight of a field and the Predator just kind of walks on and ‘hello’ – you want to do… I keep going back to Ridley Scott, the way he captured the alien in that first movie. The sense of mystery and portent. If we could just cut into a little piece of that – that sort of vibe – and then I think there’s humour to be had too. And tonal shifting. I’m just having a ball. I’m getting more excited by the day, 30 years later working on this damn thing. Who would have thought when we started out and they were saying ‘Geez the costume doesn’t work – throw this back to Winston and let him save the day!” Eight weeks later “I don’t know, looks like dreadlocks to me!” Suddenly it’s the most iconic costume ever. It’s the most iconic movie ever. It’s lasted 30 years and here I am god blessedly making a… it’s just unbelievable to me.”

On if Predators exists in this film: “Well it seems to me if we set ours in 2018 which is when the film is set, then we can only be a prequel to that one, so you could say yes it exists, but people won’t be discussing it really.”

On when the film is set: “It’s in the midst of the mythology. It’s a movie that’s set in our present-day. Or maybe the day after tomorrow.”

Old 06-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Very, very exciting.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:30 PM   #35
The Deadman
Foot Elite

‘The Predator’ Main Character Revealed and it’s Not Schwarzenegger

Quote:
Shane Black was recently interviewed about The Predator, the upcoming fourth entry in the franchise that began back in 1987, and he released a very important detail that casts doubts on whether or not we’ll be seeing the return of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s “Dutch”.

“The name I’ve given the [hero] in ‘Predator’ right now is Quinn Mackenna. And that may change,” Black tells Empire. So yes, it may change to Dutch but as of now it seems pretty obvious that this means Schwarzenegger isn’t committing to face the universe’s deadliest hunter any time soon.

Continuing his interview, Black brought up some really great points about the current status of films and how audiences absorb them.

We live in a culture where everyone’s like, ‘[I want to] know everything about it before it comes out, and I want to be able to see every moment, and I’m gonna go back and forth on the goddamn YouTube channel and get every goddamn moment and every Easter egg.’

[But] I’ll tell you a little bit about it. It’s an attempt to event-ize the ‘Predator’ and make it more mysterious. ‘The Predator’ has been so overdone in a way —very low budget with a guaranteed return, every couple of years there’s a knock off churned out. It’s gotta get to the point where people buy their tickets in advance instead of saying, ‘Oh honey look, another ‘Predator’ movie. No, Adam Sandler’s got this thing on TV, let’s do that instead.’

I want people to say, ‘’The Predator’ is coming, I know it’s coming, we want to see it, it’s mysterious, interesting, it’s got the same sense of wonderment and newness that ‘Close Encounters’ had when that came out.’ That’s what we want. That’s very impossible to achieve, but we’re going to try.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:45 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I never figured Arnold would be the main character, but I bet he'll be in there.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:56 PM   #37
The Deadman
Foot Elite

James Franco May Lead Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’

Quote:
Okay, so this isn’t confirmed yet at all but CAA (Creative Artists Agency) is apparently pushing real hard for James Franco (127 Hours, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) to land the leading role of “Quinn McKenna” in Shane Black’s The Predator, according to PopcornTalk. The podcast stresses that this information is simply rumor at this point and should not be taken as a guarantee.

Personally, I’m having trouble seeing this one. Remember when Adrien Brody was announced as the lead of Predators and a million eyebrows collectively shot up in confusion? Yeah, this is the same thing for me.

Last month, we reported that The Predator was going to begin filming this fall in Vancouver so that it can meet its expected release date of February 9th, 2018.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:21 AM   #38
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

There is no way James Franco is beating a Predator, unless he creeps it out somehow and kills it while it's distracted.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:15 AM   #39
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Thomas Jane in Talks to Battle ‘The Predator’

Old 01-24-2017, 09:55 AM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Thomas Jane and Arnold? Excellent.

Tags
the cuckator