The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-12-2024, 08:58 AM   #1
Wentos
Foot Soldier

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 40th Anniversary Comics Celebration

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalk...ninja-turtles/

Just announced officially by Forbes, we're getting a 40th anniversary one-shot spanning multiple creators and eras, similar to the 30th anniversary special IDW did a decade ago (Man, time flies). Here's the most salient information regarding the one-shot:

Quote:
Now the company is celebrating the fortieth anniversary of the Turtles with a series of special events, including a 72 page one-shot collection slated for stores July 10, priced at $11.99. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 40th Anniversary Comics Celebration brings together creators spanning the entire gamut of the Turtles’ history, featuring fan-favorite creators revisiting the storylines associated with them over the years.

According to IDW, this special one-shot issue will feature new stories and pinup art from Jim Lawson, Ciro Nieli, Tristan Jones, Paul Harmon, Andy Suriano, Ronda Pattison, Pablo Tunica, Sophie Campbell, Tom Waltz, Michael Dialynas, Lloyd Goldfine, Khary Randolph, Emilio Lopez, Dan Duncan, Erik Burnham, Sarah Myer, Luis Antonio Delgado, Chris Allan, Steve Lavigne, Freddie E. Williams II ,and more.
This is a really solid lineup, but I'm especially excited to see Tristan Jones and Paul Harmon team up again. Their issues were easily the highlight of Tales Vol 2 and honestly, are my favorite TMNT comics outside of the original Eastman/Laird run. It remains to be seen if they'll be able to wrap up their ongoing narrative within the confines of this one-shot, but I'm thrilled just to see their work again. Maybe we can get a collection of their work in the future?

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 09:01 AM   #2
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Also coming as a hardcover in November, as mentioned in this thread I made a couple weeks ago that nobody bothered with.

I'm most excited about the new 2k3 story written by Lloyd Goldfine with art by Khary Randolph. Also seems like we'll be getting a new SMA story since Erik Burnham and Sarah Myer are involved. Super neat.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 09:17 AM   #3
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentos View Post
It remains to be seen if they'll be able to wrap up their ongoing narrative within the confines of this one-shot
You'll get some ideas of how things went... or didn't... or could have...
Old 04-12-2024, 10:12 AM   #4
nidza_maj2000
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Also coming as a hardcover in November, as mentioned in this thread I made a couple weeks ago that nobody bothered with.

I'm most excited about the new 2k3 story written by Lloyd Goldfine with art by Khary Randolph. Also seems like we'll be getting a new SMA story since Erik Burnham and Sarah Myer are involved. Super neat.
Hello, I am also excited about new 2k3 story, what do you think it could be about?

Last edited by nidza_maj2000; 04-12-2024 at 10:19 AM.
nidza_maj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 10:22 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

72 pages with that many names on it doing stories plus pinups I wouldn't expect too big of things from the stories but it's always cool to see stuff like this happen.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 11:10 AM   #6
nidza_maj2000
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
72 pages with that many names on it doing stories plus pinups I wouldn't expect too big of things from the stories but it's always cool to see stuff like this happen.
Yeah but still seeing 2003 turtles returning in main story will be good, I think it will be good, by the way we are getting Donatello from 2003 series making appearance in TMNT: Saturday Morning Adventures Continued issues 12 and 13 at least
Old 04-12-2024, 11:25 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's also a bit sad that every time some kind of big anniversary celebration book like this comes out, of course with new Kevin Eastman material... it serves as another reminder of, "Well, if Laird didn't come back for THIS, then how likely can it possibly be that he'd come back for Vol. 4?"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 11:44 AM   #8
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
It's also a bit sad that every time some kind of big anniversary celebration book like this comes out, of course with new Kevin Eastman material... it serves as another reminder of, "Well, if Laird didn't come back for THIS, then how likely can it possibly be that he'd come back for Vol. 4?"
Vol. 4 ain't happening. But Peter did draw a cover for this.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:36 PM   #9
nidza_maj2000
Thug

So I said on Khary Randolph post on Instagram that I think it will be about TMNT 2003 series and here's what he replied: instagram.com/p/C5qr3plOpqx/ so it looks like we are definitely getting story set in TMNT 2003 continuity
Old 04-12-2024, 12:39 PM   #10
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Vol. 4 ain't happening. But Peter did draw a cover for this.
yes here is the cover

Old 04-12-2024, 12:42 PM   #11
nidza_maj2000
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
yes here is the cover

https://i.imgur.com/YX1iIvl.jpeg
It is really good cover
Old 04-12-2024, 12:46 PM   #12
Wentos
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
That's an interesting teaser. Obviously I would prefer you get a chance to finish your story properly the way Gary Carlson and Frank Fosco did, but if this is our last peak into your creative vision for the turtles, I'm happy to have it.

Quote:
Honestly, I just hope we get one last story collaboration with Eastman and Laird before one of them passes away. I can't believe their last story together was over 20 years ago.

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM   #13
Braeden99
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Either way, I'm hyped! Never would've thought you and Harmon would be doing Turtles again. It almost sounded to good to be true!
Braeden99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:59 PM   #14
nidza_maj2000
Thug

About TMNT 2003 story, just wanted to say that it might take place after events of Turtles Forever movie and after Donatello from 2003 series appearances in TMNT Saturday Morning Adventures comic book, that is what I think, what do you guys think? Just curious
Old 04-12-2024, 03:12 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

The 30th anniversary special was really 10 years ago? Man that is crazy
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 03:32 PM   #16
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The 30th anniversary special was really 10 years ago? Man that is crazy
Makes you feel old, don’t it?

Old 04-12-2024, 05:14 PM   #17
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
That's an interesting teaser. Obviously I would prefer you get a chance to finish your story properly the way Gary Carlson and Frank Fosco did, but if this is our last peak into your creative vision for the turtles, I'm happy to have it.
There was an editorial structure in place above Bobby (who I still love a lot and is one of the few dudes who speaks openly about the difficulties there were particularly early on with TMNT) that wasn't great on a lot of levels that made me swear off working for either Nickelodeon and IDW unless something drastic changed. Both did. And given the conversations I've had, which are brief, there's now a possibility that that's a possibility. I've been in and around this industry too long now to put any eggs in any baskets and get hopes up, but if it's something people actually want then they need to actually tell IDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden99 View Post
Either way, I'm hyped! Never would've thought you and Harmon would be doing Turtles again. It almost sounded to good to be true!
Neither did I to be completely honest!
Old 04-12-2024, 06:15 PM   #18
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Quote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalk...ninja-turtles/

Just announced officially by Forbes, we're getting a 40th anniversary one-shot spanning multiple creators and eras, similar to the 30th anniversary special IDW did a decade ago (Man, time flies). Here's the most salient information regarding the one-shot:

This is a really solid lineup, but I'm especially excited to see Tristan Jones and Paul Harmon team up again. Their issues were easily the highlight of Tales Vol 2 and honestly, are my favorite TMNT comics outside of the original Eastman/Laird run. It remains to be seen if they'll be able to wrap up their ongoing narrative within the confines of this one-shot, but I'm thrilled just to see their work again. Maybe we can get a collection of their work in the future?
Looking forward to this, but with that price tag per issue, I'll have to be VERY picky about the covers I get.
But I'll be getting to one that Kevin and Pete did \, for sure, as well as the 2003 one.
Old 04-14-2024, 09:43 PM   #19
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

More Chris Allan? OK!!!
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 09:56 PM   #20
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

I haven’t bought a comic in a long time. Generally when would this be available to preorder at a comic shop?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote