The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #41
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The weirdest thing is that this is basically.... Willy Wonka animated remake.. with Tom and Jerry photoshopped in. It's like they tried to do an animated version of WW but were afraid it wouldn't sell, so they decided to randomly shoehorn Tom and Jerry in it. So far, based on the trailer, I'm not really seeing how they contribute to the plot, and it looks like it can happen just fine without them.

At least with the WWE crossovers, the characters are actually involved and move the plot. It's not a straight up animated recreation of Wrestlemania 3 that happens to have Fred and Barney in the audience cheering.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #42
oldmanwinters
Overlord

It's not a fair comparison, but literary classics still work just fine as Muppet movies, so maybe a mid-20th century film can still work as a cartoon with other characters shoe-horned in for comic relief? I'd actually enjoy seeing Tom punished relentlessly by each of the Chocolate Factory's "bad kid" sequences.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:18 PM   #43
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

This was a very interesting idea. I'm not saying it was a good idea, but it was an interesting one, none the less.

It's a pity that the animation looks like something somebody would make at home to put on youtube.

As a fan of both the original Willy Wonka and Tom and Jerry cartoons, I'll pass on this. But hopefully it finds its intended market, whoever that's supposed to be.

Does anybody else remember when they actually sold Wonka brand candies? Those scrumdiddlyumptious bars were my sh:t!
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:37 PM   #44
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, I mean...they still technically do, as a Nestle subsidiary. It's where Nerds, Sweetarts, and Bottlecaps (my personal favorite) come from. Not really anything true to the Gene Wilder Wonka, though. Though that would be awesome.

And golden moments in a police station should anyone steal a candy called Fizzy Lifting Drinks
Old 04-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #45
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Well, I mean...they still technically do, as a Nestle subsidiary. It's where Nerds, Sweetarts, and Bottlecaps (my personal favorite) come from. Not really anything true to the Gene Wilder Wonka, though. Though that would be awesome.

And golden moments in a police station should anyone steal a candy called Fizzy Lifting Drinks
Yeah yeah yeah, those are all well and good, but I'm still mad they discontinued the whole line of Wonka chocolate bars. Nerds and the rest are great and all, but those chocolate bars were some of the best

the stuff dreams are made of
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:07 PM   #46
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
They still do. I see them once in a while when I'm on the candy isle. Gobstoppers too.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #47
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I remember seeing Everlasting Gobstoppers at the shop and being disappointed that they weren't shaped like the ones from the movie.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:18 PM   #48
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, that was disappointing.

I love the gobstoppers too, though. When I was little, I was in a play, and during practice breaks, I would get them from the vending machine. All. The. Time. (It was an all-children's group. I played a dragon, which was the last part available and I had been out of town when the roles were cast. But I wanted to be a friendly dragon even though she worked for the Evil Wizard. And she was pink. And named Suzie. Because I liked that name too.)

There was also a demonstration where we talked about how they were made - I don't really know why, and we soaked them so we could see each of the color layers dissolve.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:13 AM   #49
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I played a dragon in primary school too, but I was green, and my tail was made of stockings and egg cartons. I wanted to look like the dragon from the Paper Bag Princess, which was one of my favourite books at the time.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:49 AM   #50
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Cool stuff is in the spoiler if anyone wants to read it, since it doesn't relate to the thread topic.

Spoiler:
I never got to be a dragon as a child.

However, I did make something of a wyvern cosplay that I would like to finish up someday. All I need to do is create a stand for the beastie; then I can finish up working on the costume and work on its head. Since I don't have the $$ to shell out for a mannequin torso display w/ a tripod stand, some PVC sink pipes of different sizes should do the trick to create a makeshift stand. (Well, I least I hope so. )

As for the thread topic, I was so-so into the Scrumdiddlyumptious Chocolate Bar, but I did enjoy Bottle Caps more than Gobstoppers as a kid. I found out that I like the Nerds rope candy some years back.

I am slowly backing off of candy, but I still have my vices. Whoppers and any Reese's candies still remain my favorites.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:20 AM   #51
Shark_Blade
Emperor

That animation is so outdated, dull and uninspiring. Yuck.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:50 AM   #52
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I remember seeing Everlasting Gobstoppers at the shop and being disappointed that they weren't shaped like the ones from the movie.
I know, right!? So disappointing for a kid to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Flintstones actually had controversy when Wilma was shown pregnant with Pebbles in the show, because it was the first time an animated character was implied to have had sex (obviously), you can read articles about it online. Funny how stuff like this doesn't matter nowadays.
I hadn't heard that. I did hear that The Flintstones was the first TV show to show a couple in bed together though (Fred & Wilma).

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 04-22-2017 at 07:56 AM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:29 PM   #53
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I can't wait to see when Nostalgia Critic reviews this
http://channelawesome.com/tom-and-je...talgia-critic/

My wish came true!
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:51 PM   #54
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ohhh man, I just about cried laughing at this interpretation of the tunnel scene . What was even happening?! Tuffy said "Hell"? The way he built into the scream? The robot and the toy dog?

Fantastic.