The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2017, 10:36 AM   #1
The Deadman
Mad Scientist
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,456
Deadpool Animated Series

FXX has announced today a series order with Marvel Television and FX Productions for an untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series, an animated adult action-comedy TV series adaptation of the hit Marvel character. The first season of the series is set to premiere in 2018 with ten episodes.

Atlanta creator and Golden Globe Award winner Donald Glover and Stephen Glover will serve as Showrunners, Executive Producers and Writers of the series. Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory are Executive Producers. The untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series is produced by Marvel Television in association with FX Productions and ABC Signature Studios for FXX, which has ordered ten episodes for season one.

“Donald Glover is an incredibly gifted and versatile artist who’ll bring the untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series to life with the same intense, singular vision as his breakout hit Atlanta,” said Nick Grad, co-president of programming at FX. “With the success of Legion, we’re looking forward to again partnering with Marvel Television to create a series that is bold, striking and entirely original.”

Jeph Loeb added, “How much more fun could this be? Deadpool, Donald and FX – the perfect fit for the Merc with the Mouth! We’re thrilled that our relationship with FX that started with Legion continues with what is sure to be a groundbreaking show in adult animation.”


Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/84...5f6uDvkJoYL.99
__________________

Last Movie Watched: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E18.
Last Video Game Played: Fire Pro Wrestling World (PC).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
FXX has announced today a series order with Marvel Television and FX Productions for an untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series, an animated adult action-comedy TV series adaptation of the hit Marvel character. The first season of the series is set to premiere in 2018 with ten episodes.

Atlanta creator and Golden Globe Award winner Donald Glover and Stephen Glover will serve as Showrunners, Executive Producers and Writers of the series. Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory are Executive Producers. The untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series is produced by Marvel Television in association with FX Productions and ABC Signature Studios for FXX, which has ordered ten episodes for season one.

“Donald Glover is an incredibly gifted and versatile artist who’ll bring the untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series to life with the same intense, singular vision as his breakout hit Atlanta,” said Nick Grad, co-president of programming at FX. “With the success of Legion, we’re looking forward to again partnering with Marvel Television to create a series that is bold, striking and entirely original.”

Jeph Loeb added, “How much more fun could this be? Deadpool, Donald and FX – the perfect fit for the Merc with the Mouth! We’re thrilled that our relationship with FX that started with Legion continues with what is sure to be a groundbreaking show in adult animation.”


Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/84...5f6uDvkJoYL.99
Hmmmm. Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe it will appeal to me. I do love Archer, but that's about it.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #3
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,122
Atlanta is great. I will give anything Donald Glover does a chance. Between this new Deadpool series and the Han Solo movie I wonder how long it'll push S2 of Atlanta back.

With FX/FXX wanting to add more adult animation to their lineup the time is right for them to nab the rights to make an animated series based on Saga.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #4
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,679
I feel like this is a good fit for FXX. I'll check it out.
__________________
Cure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 4,334
I hope they let Ryan Reynolds voice him if not him than Nolan North would be fine
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #6
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,619
Wow, really cool unexpected news. I wonder if they have the same rights to characters as the film studio or if it would be different since this is a TV show.

I liked the movie but I'm much more so a fan of the most recent run of Deadpool comics. Well actually the second-most recent, since they did somewhat of a soft reboot. I would love to see S.H.I.E.LD. Agents Adsit and Preston, Michael the necromancer, and eventually Deadpool's daughter Ellie and wife Shiklah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Atlanta is great. I will give anything Donald Glover does a chance. Between this new Deadpool series and the Han Solo movie I wonder how long it'll push S2 of Atlanta back.

With FX/FXX wanting to add more adult animation to their lineup the time is right for them to nab the rights to make an animated series based on Saga.
Yeah, the one downside to this is an even more delayed second season of Atlanta but I guess all the success and exposure has been great for Glover.

A Saga animated series?? I like the way you think. That would be so cool but it would have to be true to the comics to succeed I feel and some of the raunchier parts may be tricky to do as a TV show, even one aimed at adults. I'd rather see HBO do an animated Saga than any network channel, they'd have the creative freedom they need to pull it off
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #7
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,797
This makes me doubly pleased.
1) Because Deadpool cartoon.
2) Because it's reminded me I need to watch the rest of Atlanta.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #8
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Just saw the news. I am very excited.

Never watched Atlanta, but I like Donald Glover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I hope they let Ryan Reynolds voice him if not him than Nolan North would be fine
I'd settle for nobody else but those two.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:26 AM   #9
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,492
Fox have abandoned the project

https://www.cbr.com/fx-cancels-anima...donald-glover/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:18 AM   #10
RaphaelinSTL
Stone Warrior
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 866
Eh.

Not disappointed in the slightest.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #11
PApagreg
Mad Scientist
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,421


Can't say I'm surprised, I kinda knew a Deadpool animated series was too good to be true
__________________
PApagreg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:36 AM   #12
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,122
Rumor is that an episode focused on Taylor Swift was the breaking point for the series. The rumor is based on a now deleted tweet from Glover which has led to the conspiracy theory that Ryan Reynolds is a big reason, if not the main reason, this fell apart. If true, then that is some BS that Reynolds has the power to squash this because Swift is friends with him and his wife. It's also BS that he has any control over this character at all outside of the movies.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,834
Yeah, weird. This would be like Ben Affleck killing a Batman comic from Kevin Hart or something. Why?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:44 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Rumor is that an episode focused on Taylor Swift was the breaking point for the series. The rumor is based on a now deleted tweet from Glover which has led to the conspiracy theory that Ryan Reynolds is a big reason, if not the main reason, this fell apart. If true, then that is some BS that Reynolds has the power to squash this because Swift is friends with him and his wife. It's also BS that he has any control over this character at all outside of the movies.
Stephen Glover: ‘Deadpool’ Show ‘Wasn’t Too Black,’ Taylor Swift Episode Was the ‘Final Straw’
https://www.thewrap.com/stephen-glov...donald-glover/
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.