The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-08-2018, 08:16 PM   #3801
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I met Amy Jo Johnson at Fan Expo Dallas this weekend. It wasn't really the main highlight of my experience, but it was nice. Even though doing the photo op with my best friend yesterday was brief, it was still really cool. Today, I told her that the episode Fowl Play in the Sky really helped me overcome my fear of driving on the highways and she said "oh well I'm glad that moment helped you." Plus, she also remembered Uncle Steve. Yesterday a friend of mine forgot to have her sign a picture and it got dirty later. However, her sister, who was in charge of giving the pictures people choose, gave me a new one.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:35 AM   #3802
Allio
Foot Elite

So apparently as a promotion for Space Squad va kyuranger, there will be a web special on Mother’s Day featuring MagiPink, Hurricane Blue and Deka yellow as heroes and mothers. Sound really, really cute
Old 04-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #3803
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here is the story of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in 3 minutes. It's very fitting that they did this during the 25th anniversary of the series.

ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:41 PM   #3804
Allio
Foot Elite

`
Old 04-19-2018, 10:30 PM   #3805
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Shout! Factory is also offering that two weeks early for those who preorder from them. I hope they'll be releasing Digimon Adventure tri.: Coexistence on the same day, as I'd like to get them both together.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:17 AM   #3806
Allio
Foot Elite

First season of Kamen Rider Amazons (under Amazon Rider) is now available on Amazon Prime.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:58 AM   #3807
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The new Power Rangers RPG game is apparently live in certain countries
http://news.tokunation.com/2018/04/2...vailable-52345

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:33 PM   #3808
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I just finished reading the 3rd annual of the Boom! series with Drakkon jumping to 4 teams. It made me wonder if we could see something like Infinity War Part 2 will feature in reference to an inevitable revival.

It was interesting seeing Jason leave. It was odd him being depicted as coming back in the Turbo movie when he was in the last Zeo episode. Going to the Philippines? Where are Jason's parents after he lives for the conference? Plot holes!
Old 04-30-2018, 02:38 PM   #3809
The Deadman
Foot Elite

This looks fun

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:29 PM   #3810
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That's such an unexciting trailer with that bland music, way to mess it up.

Game would be a dream game except that it's a mobile game. All cool characters will be locked, the game won't be designed to be fun, it'll be designed to be "addicting", they'll have incentives to keep you playing every day, you'll have to wait for specific things to appear. Even if you pay money you won't be able to get everything they'll give you.

Mobile gaming sucks.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #3812
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This news isn't surprising since the master toy license deal already included the bit that Hasbro had the opportunity to for first dibs to buy the franchise and this whole 25th anniversary celebration seemed more of a way to polish the franchise for a buyer. But glad it happened sooner than later.

So the deal is worth about 522 million?

We never found out how much Saban paid, we only knew that Saban Brands had 500 million in investment money but obviously they didnt' spend all that money on one franchise, the estimates were about 100 million. So even if adjusted to inflation that means that Saban made a huge profit selling Power Rangers for the second time!

I wonder if Hasbro acquired all the tokusatsu things that Saban owned like VR Troopers, Big Bad Beetleborgs etc. I also wonder if that means the Netflix deal will be over sooner rather than later.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #3813
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Hasbro has now bought Power Rangers lock stock and barrel!

https://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-rel...gers-and-other
Power Rangers/Transformers crossover!!

Pinkie Pie Ranger!
Old 05-01-2018, 02:05 PM   #3814
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Hasbro has now bought Power Rangers lock stock and barrel!

https://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-rel...gers-and-other
$522 million for Power Rangers... wow. There's no way Power Rangers is worth 8 times what TMNT is, even in 2009. Peter Laird got bamboozled.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:25 PM   #3815
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
$522 million for Power Rangers... wow. There's no way Power Rangers is worth 8 times what TMNT is, even in 2009. Peter Laird got bamboozled.
That was my thought. Laird thought it was a fair deal of $60 million. In 2009 money, 100 million seems right. How is it Power Rangers franchise is worth that much? What was Hasbro thinking?
Old 05-01-2018, 04:51 PM   #3816
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Being worth 1/8th of what Disney paid for Marvel does seem like a lot but Power Rangers is definitely worth a lot more than TMNT even if we all personally prefer TMNT.

Power Rangers has often been the #1 selling toy during it's 25 years, the MMPR fad was much bigger than the TMNT fad so it made a lot more money back then as well. You also have to take note that Hasbro didn't just buy Power Rangers, they bought all of Saban Brands umm... brands which included many other properties such a Paul Frank among others, they're not very well known brands but for example Paul Fank does make a lot of money from licensing and it cost Saban approximately 50 million. If you add up all the brands that Saban bought over the past 8 years it wouldn't be so far off from what Hasbro paid.

Saban originally had 500 million in investment money so it seems they were able to buy brands, use them and now sell them so overall it was a profit but maybe not as much as some people would think including me when I first read the news.

Peter Laird totally could've gotten more but without smart people selling the franchise around it's what happens. I also believe Saban bought Power Rangers back from Disney for cheap, at that time Disney didn't want to deal with Bandai/Toei, had finally gotten Marvel and a way to get into kids wallets so they sold.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #3817
CyberCubed
Overlord

To be honest I don't think Laird cared too much of getting a lot of money for TMNT. He's already a millionaire, his wife is a College professor who teaches and writes books, he's obviously pretty well off. $60 million was probably good enough and he shared some of it with his Mirage co-workers.

I mean when you're already a millionaire for 25+ years, getting $60 million or a $100 million isn't much a difference, especially at his old age.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:10 PM   #3818
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't think he ever cared about money after making it big with the TMNT fad, he likely already had all he wanted back then similar to Lucas and Star Wars, it's the reason both of them would spend money on projects just to see them being made even if the returns were not there and cost them money. They both just sold because they wanted to move on with their life and they weren't going to give it away for free if it was worth money.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:18 PM   #3819
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't think he ever cared about money after making it big with the TMNT fad, he likely already had all he wanted back then similar to Lucas and Star Wars, it's the reason both of them would spend money on projects just to see them being made even if the returns were not there and cost them money. They both just sold because they wanted to move on with their life and they weren't going to give it away for free if it was worth money.
Yep, he flat out said he lost millions on Volume 4 and Tales and they never turned a profit, and he had Mirage print 30+ issues of Vol. 4 and over 70+ Tales issues all at a loss.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:48 PM   #3820
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I will be honest SDP, I thought Power Rangers was the shortest lived fad and netted the least between it, TMNT, and Pok'emon despite Saban was the obvious of the three in interested in getting parents money and not unterested in quality product for the fans. Note, I am no way dissing Saban or Power Rangers as a franchise, but from my own experiences in the three fandoms.

Tags
power rangers