The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-22-2016, 04:22 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Thought I start this thread so that we can discuss anything involving Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the 1st Star Wars spinoff movie, btw that's the official title of the spinoff movie.
http://www.starwars.com/films/rogue-one

Last edited by TigerClaw; 02-22-2016 at 04:35 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:28 PM   #2
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Awesome. I know we only have rumors to go on at the moment.

I saw that news that Vader is in it and is supposed to be ruthless. I'm definitely looking forward to that!
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:21 PM   #3
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Not interested in this at all. A theatrical Star Wars spin-off is not something I have ever thought was a good idea.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Not interested in this at all. A theatrical Star Wars spin-off is not something I have ever thought was a good idea.
So you don't want to explore a rich and expansive universe in ways that were only avalible in books and comics before this?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:35 PM   #5
TheSkeletonMan939

Not really, no. Star Wars to me has always been an episodic thing and the spin-offs take that away from the series.

Didn't Disney say they were doing a new Star Wars every year? Doesn't that cheapen the idea of a new Star Wars coming out as a big deal?
Old 02-22-2016, 05:55 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

They also have plans for a Yoda film, a young Han Solo spinoff, a Boba Fett film, and rumors about an Obi-wan film too.

We'll be getting annual Star Wars movies for the next 10 years most likely.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:57 PM   #7
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They also have plans for a Yoda film, a young Han Solo spinoff, a Boba Fett film, and rumors about an Obi-wan film too.

We'll be getting annual Star Wars movies for the next 10 years most likely.
Only the Han film is confirmed. Get your sh*t together cubed.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:20 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

The rest is bound to be confirmed eventually. Trust me, its all happening.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:43 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So let's run Star Wars into the ground until noone gives a **** anymore or wants it to go away? Yeah, sure. Why not? Great plan.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:52 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So let's run Star Wars into the ground until noone gives a **** anymore or wants it to go away? Yeah, sure. Why not? Great plan.
Well they want to make the most money they can while the hype is at its highest, why not? After Episode 9 they probably won't make any mainline movies for at least another decade.

They'll always have the comics, toys and other merch anyway.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:04 PM   #11
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
After Episode 9 they probably won't make any mainline movies for at least another decade.
You really think that? You think Disney would go to the trouble of hiring all these new actors and actresses for the franchise and not use them excessively?
Old 02-22-2016, 08:28 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
You really think that? You think Disney would go to the trouble of hiring all these new actors and actresses for the franchise and not use them excessively?
I mean Rey, Finn, Poe, etc. I'm sure there will be Star Wars spinoffs after Episode 9.

I'd be very surprised if we see Rey for more than just 3 movies. I mean I suppose its possible, but I don't think they'll break status quo and leave it as a trilogy.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #13
sdp
-

SW being a yearly franchise sucks, I think this whole Disney revival is a mistake. I mean do they not see the damage this will do to the brand? Sure they'll make tons of money in the next say 8 years or so but people are going to get tired. It'd be a much smarter to have kept it as a 3 year episode movie "event" that everyone has to watch. Instead each spin-off and episode will continue to make less and less money. After they got done with Ep. IX they could've made some spin-off films and then after a while start again with new episodes again getting people excited for them. This whole "new episode every two years with a spin-off in between" isn't going to work for the long term. People are already complaining about Marvel and the same will happen here. I already read an interview that it's not a "new trilogy" but that episodes will continue after IX...I mean I just got off my SW high of Episode VII, I'm not excited at all about VIII yet, let alone this spin-off film of something I never asked to see.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:59 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

If people get sick of them they'll stop making them, simple as that.

They already crossed the point of no return when they made the cartoons like Clone Wars and Rebels, making hundreds of Star Wars episodes on a weekly basis. The movies are the same thing just in live action.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:26 PM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
If people get sick of them they'll stop making them, simple as that.

They already crossed the point of no return when they made the cartoons like Clone Wars and Rebels, making hundreds of Star Wars episodes on a weekly basis. The movies are the same thing just in live action.
Except the movies are the real deal. The cartoons and crap don't really matter. Especially when the movies just carry on and don't acknowledge them, nor does one have to watch every episode of the Clone Wars before watching The Force Awakens. This movie series didn't need spin-offs, plain and simple. It's a trilogy. With a prequel trilogy. And now a sequel trilogy. Don't tarnish that with needless spin-offs that risk bombing or making people get sick of the franchise.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-22-2016, 09:41 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

The cartoons and comics all "count" and if Star Wars was just a movie franchise none of this stuff would be made. The universe is a lot bigger than the 2 hours of screentime each movie gets.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:47 PM   #17
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I'm not really excited for origin stories on characters like Han but I'm all on board with a story like Rogue One.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #18
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
The cartoons and comics all "count" and if Star Wars was just a movie franchise none of this stuff would be made. The universe is a lot bigger than the 2 hours of screentime each movie gets.
Not really no. As long as the movies don't acknowledge them and carry on as if those cartoons, comics and other such things never happened, it's not official canon in my book. It's just extra Star Wars stuff to wet kids appetites or to maintain overall awareness until the next big movie.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:05 AM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

Everything counts. I don't even read the comics and I haven't watched the cartoons yet, but I know they count.

The moment they made a Star Wars cartoon instead of just having the movies they passed the point of no return. Star Wars now has hundreds of adventures not seen in the films.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:11 AM   #20
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I really hate it when people says things like "I don't count that as canon" when it clearly is. Lucasfilm formed a Story Group for that purpose.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote