The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 07:27 AM   #21
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Why the odd start to this that contradicts the ending of 75?

75 clearly shows the Turtles all stepping through the portal, but the TMNT/GB2 #1 has Donnie saying they saw the ghosts/evil-clone turtles before stepping into the portal and then being turtle napped....

Is it just 2 different creative teams or did this book get such a head start that 75 wasn't done yet and things couldn't be more aligned?
my guess is the portal at the end of issue #75 might have malfunctioned taking the Turtles to another spot on Planet Neutrino.
when they attempted to access another portal to return home the Collectors came after them.
that's as best as i can figure it.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:47 AM   #22
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
my guess is the portal at the end of issue #75 might have malfunctioned taking the Turtles to another spot on Planet Neutrino.
when they attempted to access another portal to return home the Collectors came after them.
that's as best as i can figure it.
Interesting idea. Just really took me out of the story as my brain kept going "but thats not how it ended..." lol
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #23
bushido
Stone Warrior

Interview with Tadd Galusha:
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/artist-...s-2-miniseries
Old 11-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #24
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Why the odd start to this that contradicts the ending of 75?

75 clearly shows the Turtles all stepping through the portal, but the TMNT/GB2 #1 has Donnie saying they saw the ghosts/evil-clone turtles before stepping into the portal and then being turtle napped....

Is it just 2 different creative teams or did this book get such a head start that 75 wasn't done yet and things couldn't be more aligned?
I don't even think it has to be that complicated. When reading comics you have to remember that some things are depicted differently due to artistic liberties, editorial decisions, and the like. And then things can always be retconned by future creative teams. The IDW TMNT continuity has been really tight in that regard, partly due to having the same creative team working on it for pretty much the whole run and also because of the particular people on the creative team; from writing to editing to pencils, inks, and colors, the IDW crew is very well-suited to this series and it shows.

Personally I will just go with what Donnie said in the first TMNT/GB2 issue, that right before they were about to walk through the portal the Collectors showed up and started beating up on them, prompting Don to visit the Ghostbusters real quick
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:39 PM   #25
Ninjinister
無問題

Is this Bronson bloke someone from Ghostbusters?
Old 11-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

Read it, issue was just ok. Most of these arcs aren't really meant to be read 1 issue at a time, and flow better once all the issues are out. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:25 PM   #27
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Unfortunately, that scene took place offscreen in the TMNT Ongoing. Basically, in my mind, the TMNT left the courthouse through a minor local teleportation portal on their way to the more powerful inter-dimensional portal that was going to take them back to Earth. But... enter the Collectors to mess up their travel plans!

Talk soon...

Tom W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I don't even think it has to be that complicated. When reading comics you have to remember that some things are depicted differently due to artistic liberties, editorial decisions, and the like. And then things can always be retconned by future creative teams. The IDW TMNT continuity has been really tight in that regard, partly due to having the same creative team working on it for pretty much the whole run and also because of the particular people on the creative team; from writing to editing to pencils, inks, and colors, the IDW crew is very well-suited to this series and it shows.

Personally I will just go with what Donnie said in the first TMNT/GB2 issue, that right before they were about to walk through the portal the Collectors showed up and started beating up on them, prompting Don to visit the Ghostbusters real quick
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:22 AM   #28
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Finally got to this. Fun setup, I gotta go back and read Ghostbusters now to remember how they dealt with the Collectors...

I still don't care for the huge bulky shells the main artist draws, though... unpleasant memories of BayTurtles!

And Darius needs to get a life. Or, um, afterlife.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #29
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I still don't care for the huge bulky shells the main artist draws, though... unpleasant memories of BayTurtles!
hahahaha! i blindly look past the bulky (back-pack looking) shells.

i have to admit aside from the shells, i love how the main GB artist draws every other aspect of the Turtles. especially their heads and faces.
he gives them all such an awesome animated look!!
combined with the amazing job on the color it looks like a Don Bluth cartoon, or perhaps even Ralph Bakshi?