The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-26-2015, 03:35 AM   #221
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Joker and Harley Quinn's appearances alone will probably be a reason for kids to watch it.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:43 PM   #222
Leo656
The Franchise

Rumors about the next trailer we're supposed to get sometime in February if not before...

http://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-...rumor/?ref=yfp

More specific, more Spoiler-y breakdown:
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/20...shot-breakdown

Spoiler:
From the article:

According to trusted sources, the following is how it goes down. For starters, the trailer is cut to Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody. I will include the lyrics in bold to help readers understand how it is cut to the trailer.

Is this the real life

Camera pans down a prison hallway, like we saw in footage at San Diego Comic Con. A guard closes the metal window that we see on some prison doors. We see it is Captain Boomerang they close the window on.

Is this just fantasy

We see Harley Quinn drinking tea and reading a book in her cell. She has a jumper on, her hair is up in curls, she has pink fuzzy slippers on as well.

Caught in a landslide

Deadshot is looking out a window from his cell. It is raining outside.

No escape from reality

Diablo is doing push-ups in his cell, another shot of him looking at a flame in his hand. Looking at the tv of a prison camera feed in Captain Boomerang's cell, he's yelling at it. Amanda Waller talks at a dinner table like comic con footage.

Too late

Warner Bros and DC Logo, neon blue and pink, like Harley's colors. Guards in armor running down prison hallway like in comic con footage.

My time has come

Deadshot in his cell, facing the door in a fighting stance, like a boxer. Guards open door to his cell and attack him. He's being held down in what looks like a medical chair, guards hit him in the stomach with a club.

Send shivers down my spine

A guard opens a metal tank, Diablo falls out in a rush of water, he's soaked to the bone. There is then a shot of a medical room, like an OR. Killer Croc is being wheeled in like the comic con footage. Deadshot says "What is this, uh, cheerleading tryouts?"

Body aching all the time

A yellow bodybag is cut open, and Captain Boomerang climbs out and punches one of MANY military looking guys around him. (I'm guessing this is how they get them out of the prison without anybody knowing). Slipknot punches what looks like a female FBI agent holding an SUV door open, then other FBI agents restrain him. Harley pops up and says "Hi boys", she looks normal here. Deadshot and Diablo are in prison jumpsuits with military guys behind Harley.

Goodbye everybody

Sliding doors opens with two military guards. Rick Flagg is now going through Deadshot's file with a normal looking Enchantress behind him. He says "Deadshot. Uhh... shoots people." We then see Deadshot in his suit looking down with guns in his hands. Rick Flagg: "Crocodile. He eats people." Croc pulls his hood down. Another shot of Croc jumping out of some water in what looks like a sewer and pulls some guard in with him. A close up shot of Diablo with Flagg voiceover "He burns people." Shot of Enchantress, now looking like a witch, sitting on a bed, finger to her mouth motioning to "shhhh" with Flagg voiceover "You're possessed by a witch." Harley laughing behind bars, Flagg voiceover "And she's just crazy." Shot of Harley, from the same outside shot we saw early saying "What was that?" We see a shot of the military guys outside. Back to Harley "I should kill everyone and escape? Sorry... it's the voices." Cut back to Slipknot, then back to Harley "Hahaha I'm kidding. That's not what they really said." Another shot from earlier where we see Deadshot and Diablo out in the in the compound with the military guys (it is daylight during this scene). Flagg "This is the deal." Shot of helicopter flying through city around dusk.

No. We will not let you go

We see the helicopter under attack, troops on the ground and there is lots of damage to buildings and vehicles. Flagg "You're going somewhere very bad." We see a humvee that is destroyed, almost looks melted.

We will not let you go

Inside of helicopter cabin, we see it being at at from the ground. Then we see a hero shot of Deadshot, Katana, Diablo, Captain Boomerang, Rick Flagg, and Harley Quinn. Flagg "You do something that'll get you killed." Captain Boomerang and Slipknot share an exchange of looks of concern. A camera follows Flagg and Deadshot and they lead people inside a building, guns raised.

We will not let you go

A large group of military guys coming into the same building from the last shot. We see a subway platform that has been destroyed, much like the street of earlier. Deadshot slides on his kneed towards camera firing his guns up in the air, Flagg firing his assault rifle behind him. We see Harley going up a glass elevator from the ground, she's got a baseball bat in her hands and she's waving to the ground.

Let me go-oh-oh-oh-oh

Deadshot says "Lets go save the world" with Flagg right next to him, standing by a fire. Harley shooting some guns, Deadshot shooting, Captain Boomerang attacks a monster (helpers of Enchantress once she turns). Croc slams a monster to the ground.

No no no no no

Harley blows hair from her face, in that sexy way girls do. Joker is wearing a gold jacket and slaps some guy in the face, and says "I can't wait to show you my toys."

Mamma Mia, Mamma Mia

(There are a bunch of quick cuts here) Deadshot attacking, Joker laughing with what looks like a gun in his hand, Joker pulling on a light, Joker driving in his car (like comic con footage), Joker laying on the ground around HUNDREDS of knives and guns and other sorts of weapons. A big explosion, Deadshot loading clips and takes aim, Diablo yelling, the pace slows down as we see Captain Boomerang open a can of beer and take a drink, Katana's eyes turn completely black, Harley dancing sexy in a club, helicopters shooting

(Then the screen goes black with the following words, in Suicide Squad font)

WORST

Military guys fist bumping

HEROES

Incubus destroys subway train (he is a character that Enchantress creates, and is completely CG)

EVER

(Queen) So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye

(more quick cuts) Joker pulls a gun on a guy, which a henchman behind him. Croc grabs Katana. Normal looking Harley (before transformation) slams arms down on a table. Big fight in the street at night. Enchantress before her change. More quick cuts of all the characters. A topless Joker diving into a chemical tank. Joker pulling Harley out of chemical tank.

Oooooh baby

More quick cuts of characters. Harley jumps to a rope. Harley smashes the window of a department store at night, startling the group. She walks into display and pulls out a bag/purse. Flagg "Seriously, the hell is wrong with you people?" Harley puts on purse and rolls her eyes. "We're bad guys. It's what we do."

Nothing really matters

Suicide Squad logo

To me...

That sounds really incredible and I can't wait to see it. The trailer and movie both, it all sounds incredible.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:32 PM   #223
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Joker and Harley, seriously, what more reason does anyone need to see this thing?
Old 12-29-2015, 01:23 PM   #224
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

If that description is at all accurate it sounds amazing.

I don't know who's in charge of the marketing for this film, and is overseeing the editing of the trailers, but the use of the source music in the teaser and (presumably) this upcoming trailer is a genius.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:41 PM   #225
Leo656
The Franchise

I............................................ agree.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:33 PM   #226
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

New trailer is released on 1/19

Quote:
It’s a full night of action from DC Comics on Tuesday, January 19, 2016, as The CW presents two all-new half-hour specials, DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: THEIR TIME IS NOW (9:00-9:30pm ET/PT), and DC FILMS PRESENTS: DAWN OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (9:30-10:00pm ET/PT), which features the world premiere of the new trailer for the upcoming feature film “Suicide Squad.” The specials will premiere following an original episode of THE FLASH (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT).

DC FILMS PRESENTS: DAWN OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE invites viewers behind the scenes of the exciting new movies coming out of the DC Films universe, culminating in the thrilling world premiere of the all-new trailer for “Suicide Squad,” DC’s misfit crew of antiheroes forced into saving the world this summer, with director David Ayer. Hosted by filmmaker/writer/lifelong comics fan Kevin Smith, with special guest DC Entertainment’s Geoff Johns, the special showcases the explosive landscape of DC’s greatest heroes, kicking off with “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” in theatres this March, and with a sneak peek from the upcoming Wonder Woman feature film.

Get a look at never-before-seen footage, and see interviews with such stars as Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot, and directors Zack Snyder and Patty Jenkins—just a few of the creative forces behind the much-anticipated film franchise that will bring together the greatest collective of Super Heroes in the upcoming Justice League feature film. And because no Super Hero could make his or her mark without a truly formidable foe, the special also provides glimpses of DC’s most famous Super Villains.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:39 PM   #227
Leo656
The Franchise

But I want it nowwwww. But that's really good too, I guess.

The trailer's debut coming so soon explains how someone was able to leak that description of it, since it's must be more or less finished. Lookin' forward to it.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:51 PM   #228
ToTheNines
[sic]

Sounds like a really cool use of Queen, can't wait.

Final trailer must be set to "Chop Suey" by System.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #229
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Sounds like a really cool use of Queen, can't wait.

Final trailer must be set to "Chop Suey" by System.
Nah. It has to be Sound of Silence. It works well with Bat Rouges.

I am mostly looking forward to seeing the big screen debuts of both Killer Croc and Deadshot. Two villains yet to appear in movie.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:40 PM   #230
Leo656
The Franchise

F*cking NICE.

USA Today has a great article about both Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...vies/78249180/

Spoiler:
It's starting to seem that Batman's scene in "Suicide Squad" is more than just a tiny cameo, and more than just a link to tie the two films together, as well.

When you have Batman’s archnemesis, the hero himself can’t be far behind, and one of Ayer’s favorite days was filming Affleck’s part in Suicide Squad. “We made him fight,” the director says with a laugh. “He’s awesome (as Batman). ... You really sense that but for the grace of God he himself would be doing some really foul stuff out in the world.”

Affleck says he’s “bound by nondisclosure clauses a mile long” but is willing to spill the news that Suicide Squad is bound to blow people away. “It felt like I have such a cool cousin. This thing that is so awesome is somehow related to me, and that was really exciting because it started to feel like a constellation of things, and I’ve never had that feeling.”

Old 01-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #231
Powder
So tired of this place

As someone whose never been a DC fan, I can't wait to see this.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:56 PM   #232
Leo656
The Franchise

As a much bigger fan than most - AND a much bigger cynic than most - I share your enthusiasm.

Upon the announcement, I did not like the idea, but everything I've seen of the execution has been terrific. They earned my interest, attention, and excitement in rapid succession, to say the least. It's gonna be really, really good.

Everything so far, plus the recent Wonder Woman and Green Lantern news, has me really excited for the future. The USA Today article quotes a couple analysts as saying the entire DCU film project could end up being the "edgier alternative" to the MCU, and a way to grow and expand on the successful-but-stagnant super-hero film genre, and I can't help but agree. Partly because I've been saying it for two years but also because it's true.

Good stuff to come. Can't wait.

I'm hearing so many amazing things about Robbie's Harley Quinn and Leto's Joker, and am just really impatient to see more.

Last edited by Leo656; 01-10-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #233
Powder
So tired of this place

Honestly, Margot Robbie's overall appearance is what initially sold me. Even if it's not really a great look for the iconic Harley Quinn, per se, it's a great design in general, to me. While I'm with the camp that Joker's tattoos & pimp attire is corny, I love his style otherwise. It's very raw. The silver teeth are so dope. Not big on how the lizard dude was done, but yeah, everyone else looks pretty damn rad & the tone of the film seems killer. That's what you want out of a gritty comic book- a gritty movie. At least some creative teams can get that right, if only on the surface.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:27 PM   #234
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Honestly, Margot Robbie's overall appearance is what initially sold me. Even if it's not really a great look for the iconic Harley Quinn, per se, it's a great design in general, to me. While I'm with the camp that Joker's tattoos & pimp attire is corny, I love his style otherwise. It's very raw. The silver teeth are so dope. Not big on how the lizard dude was done, but yeah, everyone else looks pretty damn rad & the tone of the film seems killer. That's what you want out of a gritty comic book- a gritty movie. At least some creative teams can get that right, if only on the surface.
Leto won't have any tattoos as The Joker. It was a promotional image supposedly not connected to his actual appearance in the movie.
http://www.inquisitr.com/2047129/jar...-real-version/

I for one am interested in seeing how Seadshot and Killer Croc have yet to see thrm in film. Maybe it could open the door for other villains we have not seen yet. Joker and Harley are a bonus.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:32 PM   #235
Powder
So tired of this place

He's covered in tattoos in the trailer, & that article's quite old so...

Old 01-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #236
Leo656
The Franchise

In several trailer scenes he clearly has tattoos. That's been a non-issue for a while. Some people can't get over it, other people can. It's like Toon Link and Wind Waker: Let it bother some people; fine, they're just gonna miss out on something awesome for a silly, superficial reason. It's like they're going for a more "punk"-style Joker and Harley, and that's fine. It's more contemporary than most takes but that's hardly against the rules. The behavior of the characters brought to life through the performance of the actors is what's important, and everyone in the movie seems like their performance is strong and that they understand the characters.

There's people crying that Harley literally isn't wearing a goddamn jester costume, in a live-action movie, and I kinda wanna hit THOSE people with a giant hammer.

Croc still looks like Croc to me, man. More the 80s version than the later one that literally just turned into a more feral Leatherhead, but I liked the original one better, anyway. He's supposed to be just a guy with a weird-looking disease, and he definitely looks "weird". I like it. I'unno what I thought they'd do but I think what they've done is fine. I'm just glad he's not just some full-CGI cartoon.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #237
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
In several trailer scenes he clearly has tattoos. That's been a non-issue for a while. Some people can't get over it, other people can. It's like Toon Link and Wind Waker: Let it bother some people; fine, they're just gonna miss out on something awesome for a silly, superficial reason. It's like they're going for a more "punk"-style Joker and Harley, and that's fine. It's more contemporary than most takes but that's hardly against the rules. The behavior of the characters brought to life through the performance of the actors is what's important, and everyone in the movie seems like their performance is strong and that they understand the characters.

There's people crying that Harley literally isn't wearing a goddamn jester costume, in a live-action movie, and I kinda wanna hit THOSE people with a giant hammer.

Croc still looks like Croc to me, man. More the 80s version than the later one that literally just turned into a more feral Leatherhead, but I liked the original one better, anyway. He's supposed to be just a guy with a weird-looking disease, and he definitely looks "weird". I like it. I'unno what I thought they'd do but I think what they've done is fine. I'm just glad he's not just some full-CGI cartoon.
I did not notice any tattoos in the trailer since he has the classic purple suit on. I don't like the idea of the tattoos, but I want Leto to be set apart from Ledger and still come off as effective. Make it can be overlooked.

I don't care if its classic Harley Quinn or New 52/ Arkham video game series neo-punk look. Harley to me is an extension of the Joker not a separate villain.

Agreed about Killer Croc.

I am curious about how Deadshot will be portrayed. Anti-hero? Contracted assassin with a resume of kills? A killer in it for a big paycheck? I do think this movie will prove successful and it does not need Batman for that.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:00 PM   #238
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
It's like they're going for a more "punk"-style Joker and Harley, and that's fine. It's more contemporary than most takes but that's hardly against the rules. The behavior of the characters brought to life through the performance of the actors is what's important, and everyone in the movie seems like their performance is strong and that they understand the characters.
I have no problem with that approach whatsoever, or tattoos in general, it's just that they're like... well, they seem as if they were thought up by people who have no idea what tattoo culture is really like. They're very generic "edgy" pieces. Sorta how tribal tattoos have become the trilby of skin-art, skulls, Hot Topic tier goth terms/phrases aren't far behind. Some of 'em are alright though, & it's not gonna ruin the movie for me by any stretch of the imagination. It's just a minor detail I'd have preferred not be included (moreso for Joker than Harley).

Old 01-10-2016, 07:02 PM   #239
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I am curious about how Deadshot will be portrayed. Anti-hero? Contracted assassin with a resume of kills? A killer in it for a big paycheck? I do think this movie will prove successful and it does not need Batman for that.
Maybe it doesn't need him but I'm sure glad he's in it, and not just in a post-credits stinger or a throwaway cameo. Those were neat ways for Marvel to "connect" their films but the novelty's worn off, and I'm glad that the links between the DC movies are going to be more substantial.

Some people aren't crazy about Deadshot, or specifically Will Smith as Deadshot, but if that gets the movie made then whatever. Deadshot's never been a huge deal to me. They probably had a hard time getting the movie made without a "name" attached to it so they got Smith. It's whatever. I have no problem with what I've seen but he's not the main reason I want to see it anyway.

Since they've been so open about the Batman cameo, it makes me wonder if they might have a Top Secret Flash cameo or reference or something, since Captain Boomerang is in it and all. I can hope!

Old 01-10-2016, 07:15 PM   #240
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Maybe it doesn't need him but I'm sure glad he's in it, and not just in a post-credits stinger or a throwaway cameo. Those were neat ways for Marvel to "connect" their films but the novelty's worn off, and I'm glad that the links between the DC movies are going to be more substantial.

Some people aren't crazy about Deadshot, or specifically Will Smith as Deadshot, but if that gets the movie made then whatever. Deadshot's never been a huge deal to me. They probably had a hard time getting the movie made without a "name" attached to it so they got Smith. It's whatever. I have no problem with what I've seen but he's not the main reason I want to see it anyway.

Since they've been so open about the Batman cameo, it makes me wonder if they might have a Top Secret Flash cameo or reference or something, since Captain Boomerang is in it and all. I can hope!
It’s not so much it's Deadshot, but I am a fan of the Bat Rouges and any chance for one who has yet to appear I am all for it. Also, seeing a few given another film appearance to make up for a past misfire imho as opinions differ.

By Affleck's Batman not needing to appear, I am definitely not against it. I am just stating the film looks strong by itself without the Batman crutch DC leans on sometimes and Assault on Arkham is one of those examples instead of calling it Suicide Squad, a less marketable name.

I am not a fan of Captain Boomerang, but I have wondered a wider role for Boomer's colleagues. Flash's foes seem to be able to legitimately work together more than any other rouges gallery even if only a faction within it. If we don't see any caneoes there will likely be references to Captain Cold or another of Harkness's fellow Flash foes.

Tags
critics are right, critics are wrong, cybercubedthecritic, cybercubedthesadist, dc comics, echo cubed, fantastic casting, leto=joker, romero>leto, thread for 12 year olds