The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Music

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 07:46 AM   #1
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Iggy Azalea's...Comeback?

Do you think she has a chance coming back to the popular music scene, and regain her past popularity?

... Especially considering Azalea's past statements, and after the whole "cultural appropriation" controversy with Ariana Grande's "7 Rings" seems to have blown over with little-to-no repercussions (insinuating that the public is less sensitive to other artists "culturally appropriating" from African-American culture).

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 03-19-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:08 AM   #2
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

So, this is your second post harping about cultural appropriation. Why, when I've asked to lay off the political stuff, do we need to continue with this crap? I let you get away with St. Pat's and the dreaded "stealing" of Irish something. Now suddenly we're going to get ourselves in a tizzy over someone singing a song?

I'm closing this thread because we're not going to hash out the "cultural appropriation" issue here. If you want to talk about her music, do so. If you want to talk about the ramifications of somebody doing something from a different culture, I'm sure there's a number of forums that would LOVE to get in on that. But not here.