The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-28-2019, 11:58 AM   #1
Shookie
New Recruit

Question Bright or Dark shaded Purple Super Shredder?! What's the story? Value?

So. From my own collection (that I have had since the late 80s/beginning of 90s), I have this Super Shredder that's supposedly an european version... And from what I have read, there are 2(?) different shades of purple out there, right? I thought mine was the darker shaded version, but after looking closer, I became uncertain. So, I took 2 pictures of it, one with flash, one without. Can you lot determine which one it is?

Sadly, I have no accessories to it, nor the box.

Completely irrelevant to the whole thing, but there's a small story to this particular figure of mine... Back in early 90s (late 1991/early 1992 maybe?), me and some friends of mine were buying TMNT-figures from the local toy shop. The store owner had called us beforehand and told us that they got some new TMNT-content in place. And since it was some holiday, they had this offer that if we each bought 3 or figurines, we'd get 1 for free, so we all bought 3. My friend bought 4. And all of us bought a Super Shredder all-purple version. We didn't notice the difference because of all the hype until we got to my friends place and unpacked the figures. Since one of my friends had a different Super Shredder than the 2 others, we decided to trade. I gave him mine and I got his, which is the one I have pics of.

I thought I'd make a separate thread for this figure since I am sure you lot know more about this. What's the story behind this figure, if there is any story, of course?

And what is the value of this figure as is? Approx?

Anyhoo, see the attachment for pics of the figure.

Thanks for the info in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190328_183916.jpg (99.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 20190328_184337.jpg (94.6 KB, 38 views)
Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:30 AM   #2
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Yours not missing any armor I would estimate to be worth at least $200 USD.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote