The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 10-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Night Watcher
Random Punk

John Fusco script???

I wondering if any of you guys were able to you get your hands on it or know someone who's read it? The only thing I've ever heard about it was that it was closer to the mirage storylines. I was really curious what the story was going to be and if it was basically another interpretation of the first few issues. It would be interesting to know if April was a scientist or still a reporter. Anyways if you guys have information on it, then it would be cool to share it.

Thanks
Night Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

I don't think it ever leaked on to the net. I'd like to read through it.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Kevin really, really loved it. It was a Batman Begins-style approach to the TMNT in the spirit of the Mirage comics.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
Xav
Foot Elite

I don't know much about it other than Kevin Eastman saying it was a Batman Begins’ take on the first movie.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

It probably was a billion times better than the movie we're getting now.

Heck no Eric Sachs Shredder or alien turtles already makes it a million times better.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
CansecoBat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Kevin really, really loved it. It was a Batman Begins-style approach to the TMNT in the spirit of the Mirage comics.
Sign me up. That sounds legit. So I'm guessing a gritty, contemporary, realism-esque take on things (well outside of the concept of mutant Turtles) with a stronger Mirage influence?

But to be fair, that is pretty much the 1990 movie in a nut shell. And also why the '90 film still holds up so well to today's straight faced, serious take on comic book movies.

Does anyone know what the film their actually making is inspired by? Is it the gritty Mirage stuff, or the Original Cartoon?

technodrome forums, where CyberCube bitches and moans about Oroku Saki having an American identity to cover himself up as "Eric Sachs"

But loves the idea of Oroku Saki / Shredder character being disrespected by making it a mechanical suit for a more psychotic version of Krang in the 2k3 cartoon.

CansecoBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
Night Watcher
Random Punk

I was looking back at the forums and it looked someone had the first 42 pages of the script. I don't if it was a fake though. It's too bad the company didn't want make a Batman Begins style Turtles film vs a Transformer style. Kevin Eastman should of had the new film based of the current IDW comics. It could been this generations Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film like the original film was for us.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #8
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant

[QUOTE=technodrome forums, where CyberCube bitches and moans about Oroku Saki having an American identity to cover himself up as "Eric Sachs"

But loves the idea of Oroku Saki / Shredder character being disrespected by making it a mechanical suit for a more psychotic version of Krang in the 2k3 cartoon.[/QUOTE]

There go a good probability that Eric Sachs won't be a ninja, at least Ch'rell was shown for majortity as Oroku Saki and he was still a ninja .
Keldor1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CansecoBat View Post
Sign me up. That sounds legit. So I'm guessing a gritty, contemporary, realism-esque take on things (well outside of the concept of mutant Turtles) with a stronger Mirage influence?

But to be fair, that is pretty much the 1990 movie in a nut shell.
Not even remotely.

Quote:
Does anyone know what the film their actually making is inspired by? Is it the gritty Mirage stuff, or the Original Cartoon?
Fred Wolf cartoon only. Plus Karai. Plus Michael Bayisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Watcher View Post
Kevin Eastman should of had the new film based of the current IDW comics. It could been this generations Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film like the original film was for us.
Kevin Eastman doesn't get to have any say on any Turtle movies anymore, or anything at all, really. He sold away all of his rights about 13 years ago.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #10
CansecoBat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not even remotely.
Umm, yea. The 1990 film is more Mirage than it is anything else. That's why parents complained and why the sequel was more kid friendly and 80s cartoon esque.
CansecoBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #11
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Umm, yea. The 1990 film is more Mirage than it is anything else. That's why parents complained and why the sequel was more kid friendly and 80s cartoon esque.
I always felt it was a healthy blend of Mirage and TMNTA, with a pinch of the old toons style from the pilot episodes. My parents didn't complain about it. Took Me to see it twice. lol. As a kid, Secret of the ooze was the last one I saw in theaters.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #12
TheOracle
Random Punk

Quote:
I don't think that's the part of your post he was referring to. More likely your idea of comparing TMNT1990 to this script and you being way off.
TheOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #13
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That's why parents complained and why the sequel was more kid friendly and 80s cartoon esque.
The lighter toned sequel wasn't from complaining parents. That may have been a part, but the Golden Harvest crew wanted a lighter tone as far back as seeing the rough cut of Barron's film.

I've been hoping for a leak of the Fusco draft for years. IF it leaks, I'm betting it'll be after the new film comes out. Fingers crossed. The Blue Door draft leaking was a pretty big deal, and the studios are only getting more aggressive in preventing leaks.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #14
Bri5
Random Punk

is the John Fusco Script what this movie is based upon?
Bri5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #15
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
That's why parents complained..
Parents complained, because this was the era when parents really started treating their kids as if they're overtly fragile and incredibly weak-minded. This is was when it started becoming everyone else's fault, you know, and not their's nor their children's. If a kid got a bad grade, it couldn't be that he didn't study or pay attention or even do his homework. No, it was the teacher's fault. Likewise, if a kid got hurt re-enacting a scene from Power Rangers, it was the TV's fault, not the stupid kid, nor the parent's, who may or may not have taken the time to explain the difference reality and fiction. The baby boomers relied on television and media as the ultimate babysitter.

Remember, these were the same folks who took their kids to see Batman Returns, a sequel to a film that clearly was not a kid's film, a film that in its preview was clearly not a kids film, a PG-13 film back when PG-13 actually meant something and then complained when it wasn't a kids film. They based their assumptions on the fact that it was based on a comic and that McDonalds had happy meals promoting it, and then instead of blaming themselves for not really doing any sort of research about the film they're taking their kids to see, they instead took it out on McDonalds. (People will try to tell you McDonalds quit promoting darker PG-13 films, but just a year later, they had Jurassic Park happy meals -- that film also received criticism, because it had dinosaurs and was made by Steven Spielberg, so it had to be a kids film )

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 10-18-2013 at 10:55 AM.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri5 View Post
is the John Fusco Script what this movie is based upon?
No. It certainly isn't. And that's a shame too, from the way things sound. But, bear in mind, that's also just speculation.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #17
Night Watcher
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Hey TMNT fans, the first 42 pages of the script for the film have been leaked. If any of you are interested in reading them, 2010
I don't know much about it other than Kevin Eastman saying it was a Batman Begins’ take on the first movie.
I thought you had the first 42 pages of the script? Or was that the one that had recently leaked a few months back?
Old 08-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #18
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Did anyone ever get their hands on the Fusco script? I'm hoping this thing pops up now that the movie is out.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #19
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

It's a shame this thing will probably never come out. =/

The fact that the studio felt like that script was too "dark" and "violent" is what really depresses me about the fact this franchise won't have a studio to take itself seriously.

Well, maybe this new TMNT movie will just sink and do horribly next weekend which will let it stay dormant for a few years like the Batman franchise was after Batman & Robin that the studio could just let someone try and reboot it with a new twist ala Batman Begins.

It's wishful thinking at least...
Old 08-08-2014, 11:29 PM   #20
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
It's a shame this thing will probably never come out.
Never say never. The old Joss Whedon Wonder Woman script just leaked today, so you never know.

Tags
john fusco