Old 07-24-2018, 07:05 AM   #2
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Full preview.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:06 AM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

...It's gonna be Stockman saving the day in the end here, isn't it?

Gotta say though, I wasn't expecting Rat King to turn the kids against the turtles but man...his "lol chaos time" scthick is wearing thin.

And April....what are you doing, girl? It's looking like she's pulling some big ol' strings on Stockman.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:15 AM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Well, I feel like I should have predicted this particular turn with the kids... oh well.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:35 AM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
...It's gonna be Stockman saving the day in the end here, isn't it?

Gotta say though, I wasn't expecting Rat King to turn the kids against the turtles but man...his "lol chaos time" scthick is wearing thin.

And April....what are you doing, girl? It's looking like she's pulling some big ol' strings on Stockman.
Yes, April is the soon to be the real mayor of New York City and Baxter just the face.

So when do we get mousers vs Rat King?
Old 07-24-2018, 06:13 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
So when do we get mousers vs Rat King?
Probably just against rats, and probably just a page or two or a few panels. This is the last issue of this arc after all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:24 AM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
All things considered, that had a couple twists I didn't expect, but still had some of the predictability.

Of course the kids didn't die, of course. But did we expect them to be brought to the Foot???

Or Rat King's Astral plane to look like...that? Of course that had to talk about how chaos will be everything someday and he'll rule it all like every other anarchist. So of course I'm glad it's over because at this point, it was just...

It was a better conclusion than I expected, but I'm glad it's over.
Let's get a move on to Leatherhead and the EPF already.

And a pack of orphans being integrated into the Foot! Apparently!

Old 07-25-2018, 02:03 PM   #8
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

That shows how monsters turtles and Splinters are! Taking orphans and training them to become murderers! I never did anything like that! All of my human foot ninajs are adults men and women who decided to join me and came to me train them.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

Is Splinter gonna pull some Big Boss/Fagin/Movie 1 Shredder crap now?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:18 PM   #10
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Spoiler:
So I'm guessing the orphans will be taken care of by the foot in exchange for becoming a new set of eyes and ears on the street.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:44 PM   #11
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I guess a bunch of kids committing suicide would be a bit too dark for IDW.

Kinda reminds me of Dark Leo not killing anyone. Just feels weird to show a vision of it happening, and then stop it from happening. Like having the horror without actually having it. I dunno.

I guess if you give me a situation that is ripe with grim horror, such as Rat King leading people to their deaths or Leo being turned against his family and encouraged to kill, but then you ultimately avoid that payoff, it looks like Nick holding IDW to a certain kid-friendly standard. Even though, in this case, it can be read as "hey, we PREVENTED that horrible atrocity! Yay team!"

But if Rat King actually isn't given a chance to follow through, he just feels a bit nerfed to me... although the vision was of adults, and then the Turtles find him with kids... so maybe Rat King was on Round 2?

Anyway... all that aside, bestial astral plane Rat King looked pretty ferocious!
Old 07-25-2018, 03:00 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Liked this issue a lot more than I was predicting due to all the stuff that happened. Leo fighting Rat King on the Astral plane reminded me of the Image series, and I loved Rat King transforming and Leo using some slight mystic powers. It was also their first real time fighting Rat King, at least as far as I remember, so it's nice to see Round 1 finally go by.

Baxter running for Mayor was expected but it's nice to see his character go down this route. The Flyborgs serve as a reminder how Baxter could have gone (either mutant fly or cyborg), so this Baxter looks like he may have the best ending of them all.

Lastly this is how I prefer Splinter and the Turtles interactions. Whereas Splinter is still the leader of the Foot, he and the Turtles still have cordial meetings and the Turtles can still come to their father for help. Makes what's Splinter's doing a lot more realistic than how cold he seemed in some previous issues.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:40 PM   #13
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Spoiler:
So I'm guessing the orphans will be taken care of by the foot in exchange for becoming a new set of eyes and ears on the street.
Spoiler:
I was curious about that too! Would Jenika take them back to the orphanage or would Splinter adoot rhrm into the Foot Clan as a family? Not exactly clear.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #14
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Given the choice between Casey and Jennika getting together and Jennika dying in childbirth...or Casey plucking up one of the orphan kids and screaming to the sky "I am your father now!", I'd prefer the latter one.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #15
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Honestly, I really enjoyed this issue. After being built up for the last couple of issues, the Rat King lived up to it and really got to shine in this issue, at least in my mind. Stockman as mayor would be cool to see; he'd be like the Lex Luthor of TMNT. I am very much looking forward to the Pantheon arc going forward, though I feel the road to #100 will most likely focus on the Foot Clan subplot, rather than the Pantheon. I feel like once they're dealt with, the comic will be over. As for the kids going to the Foot Clan, I feel like they're setting up a partial adaptation of the plot from the 1st TMNT movie.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:21 PM   #16
ChosenOne
Banned

After a couple of rereads, I enjoyed this issue more than I was prepared to and initially thought I would. RK worked great, particularly when his body started fighting autonomously and very zombie-like indeed, his visage on the astral plane, and the way he just fell back off the bridge as the flyborgs' lasers went through him. Made him look as eery and ethereal as he should be, especially in his IDW incarnation. I don't necessarily agree that the Pantheon will outlast the Foot plot, they could very well be dealt with simultaneously in the climactic run up to #100. At this point, it's just RK and/or Kitsune who oppose the Turtles anyway. Shredder is very much intertwined with Kitsune and her plans to restore the Dragon Warrior, so... We'll see.

Of course, one of the big talking points of the issue is the ending. I have a feeling those kids are a major part of what ends up causing further conflicts between Mikey and Splinter in the Michelangelo micro.

And the Mayor Stockman thing is indeed genius! Too bad it probably won't pay off for real until after #100, though.

Repetitive as this gets... Great issue!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

My guess is the Patheon plot won't end but come to a climax, with Kitsune/Rat King probably being defeated or "banished" in some form but Shredder returning, the rest of the Patheon will just be around as usual since they don't seem to cause much trouble.

Bishop will likely still be around post issue 100 and probably stay as an adversary or uneasy ally for the rest of the series. Only plot I see ending soon is the Triceraton/Utrom stuff. It makes sense to wrap up something since everything else like Ch'rell, Null, Leatherhead will continue or hasn't even really started yet.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:32 PM   #18
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
My guess is the Patheon plot won't end but come to a climax, with Kitsune/Rat King probably being defeated or "banished" in some form but Shredder returning, the rest of the Patheon will just be around as usual since they don't seem to cause much trouble.
Yep, pretty much. They're immortal so the most the Turtles can hope is to thwart/contain them for some time. But aside from those two outright villains, I expect the rest of them to just fade into the background. Might be cool to get a more in-depth look at Jagwar and Gothano eventually, but that's about it.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:45 PM   #19
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I don't think the Foot Clan subplot will conclude with #100, as Karai still has to come back into the game. I feel like it's just going to come to another landmark. As for Shredder, given his redemption at the end of #50, I feel like he's going to discover the truth of Kitsune over the course of his miniseries, and ally with the turtles against the Pantheon going forward. That would be interesting to see. And of course, Ch'rell is still around, and I doubt he'll be done after the next outing at Burnow Island. I agree that the Pantheon won't necessarily be beaten; I feel like it'll be more like Kitsune and Rat King end up in a cosmic prison or something, and the rest of the Pantheon agrees to leave them alone as a reward for helping them stop the Dragon. Oh, and Null's there too.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:47 PM   #20
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
I don't think the Foot Clan subplot will conclude with #100, as Karai still has to come back into the game. I feel like it's just going to come to another landmark. As for Shredder, given his redemption at the end of #50, I feel like he's going to discover the truth of Kitsune over the course of his miniseries, and ally with the turtles against the Pantheon going forward. That would be interesting to see. And of course, Ch'rell is still around, and I doubt he'll be done after the next outing at Burnow Island. I agree that the Pantheon won't necessarily be beaten; I feel like it'll be more like Kitsune and Rat King end up in a cosmic prison or something, and the rest of the Pantheon agrees to leave them alone as a reward for helping them stop the Dragon. Oh, and Null's there too.
I could, in theory, agree with everything you said but personally I think Karai and her posse are coming back in the #90's.