The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Old 02-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #1
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Why won't my ebay stuff sell

Hello!

I'm trying to sell a bunch of TMNT figs in boxes, and I'm not getting any offers or anything. Are my pics bad, are my prices too high?

Any comments are extremely appreciated.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291997118174...84.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291997115416...84.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292018754538...84.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291989780803...84.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291989650493...84.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291989643736...84.m1555.l2649
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

We are on the backend of the second Turtlemania bubble.....gotta keep relisting and dropping the prices little by little.
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #3
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

I'd also say condition is also a factor.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:08 PM   #4
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Thanks for the comments, I completely agree about the second (is this the third, no second, the 2k3 Turtles rise wasn't as big as this) fall of Turtlemania.

As far as condition, most of them are in good to really good condition. I think it might just be my pics. Maybe I'll update them.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:07 PM   #5
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Turtlemania is at a peak right now. It's just that most of what you have listed isn't all that uncommon-- everyone who wants those items already has them. If I were you I would sell everything as a lot for $100 to $120 shipped. That ought to move it.

There's just too much interest in the NECA, Heroclix, Mega Bloks, and new Playmates stuff for most people to bother with these items. I wouldn't give you more than $10 a piece for Surfer Mike and 1998 1988 Donatello. Movie Star Raphael with blue weapons is also extremely common. You'd be lucky to get $30 shipped for him.

Unless someone overseas specifically requests something, I can't even be bothered with the vintage line anymore.

Especially not after this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Teenage...gAAOSwXeJYJgNA

I paid around $75 shipped just for those three TurtleFlage figures. I think I started the listing around $500 shipped, $10 shipped an item, which is fair market value. I begged people here and on several Facebook groups to take it off my hands. "I'll do $250 shipped." Still no takers. A TMNT fan who doesn't want to spend money usually has this favorite phrase: "I don't have any money." I've never met a larger group of people who claimed to CONSTANTLY be broke or actually are. There are people in this fandom I have hawked merchandise to and allowed them months if not YEARS to pay me for it because I had to get it gone. I won't name names, as that would be tasteless, but I am NOT exaggerating.

People pay higher prices on eBay usually if the stuff is really good stuff, whereas the mentality here or on a Facebook group is that everyone is part of a brotherhood of sorts, many people want something for nothing, etc. Ironically, the same people who "never have any money" are trying to hawk items at much higher prices than what they go for. Again, I won't name names, but I've noticed a trend. People pay top dollar for items when they first hit, the luster wears off, people no longer want said items, and them are mad when they can't get back what they paid initially. If you're a collector, or even a re-seller in my case, sometimes you just have to suck it up. Just because you "need" money doesn't mean you should be mad because the market value has plummeted and you no longer want something that you were stupid and paid too much for go begin with (not you per se, Chris, but you catch my drift).

I've been very fortunate these past few months. I sold countless Donatello Battle Packs for between $30 and $60 a set (,one as recently as today) and I am content with the money I have made as a TMNT seller since Nick took over. I will always appreciate what the vintage line did for me: it taught me to be a salesman, and a good one, too. But these days I wouldn't touch most of that crap with a ten foot pole.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 02-23-2017 at 07:30 PM.
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:54 PM   #6
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
Thanks for the comments, I completely agree about the second (is this the third, no second, the 2k3 Turtles rise wasn't as big as this) fall of Turtlemania.

As far as condition, most of them are in good to really good condition. I think it might just be my pics. Maybe I'll update them.
Yeah dude amazing photos can go along way in getting things sold. The figures could be in great condition but the pics right now make the packaging appear super rough. Good luck!
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:55 PM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

Most of your cards have a lot of shelf wear (or damage, in some cases). That's a major deterrent to people who collect MOC, unless the prices are really low. Even when they're cheap, people feel funny opening up sealed figures a lot of the time. Those who prefer to leave them sealed want them to be mint or close to it, so a few of your offerings are hard sells. Better pictures never hurt, but it's pretty easy to see their condition as is.

& yeah, folks are way more fixed on current offerings. I have a hard time moving older stuff too, at least compared to how things used to be. Our BST section was pretty booming years back, but these days, not so much. Vintage collectors are becoming a bit rare, & the more active ones already have most of what they want.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:33 AM   #8
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

List everything auction style starting at $9.99 with $6 shipping (or free shipping if you're really confident) at around 11:00 PM EST on a Friday or Saturday night and just let it run seven days and meet whatever fate it is going to meet. The Wind Warrior Donatello you can start a little higher, as high as $29.99.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote