The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Even if this was completely canon I can't believe you'd pull out a pre-New 52 story to insist is still in current canon. Unless it's been referenced sometime after Flashpoint nobody should assume it is.
Go and read the brand new "Bane: Conquest" maxi-series that's being published right now, written by the same guy (Chuck Dixon) and drawn by the same guy (Graham Nolan). "Bane of the Demon" and "Legacy" absolutely still happened.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #22
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,665
Speaking of crossover's, I've always wanted to read Batman vs Predator and Frank miller's Robocop vs Terminator.

I'm glad this series is going strong. If they collect both volumes in a hardcover at some point I'll likely read them both.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:02 PM   #23
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 13,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Go and read the brand new "Bane: Conquest" maxi-series that's being published right now, written by the same guy (Chuck Dixon) and drawn by the same guy (Graham Nolan). "Bane of the Demon" and "Legacy" absolutely still happened.
I am reading it. I don't remember a single reference to those older stories. If they did and I missed it, I withdraw that portion of the statement.

The point of nobody being able to keep track of continuity, even the original authors of a piece, still stands.

Last edited by Ninjinister; 12-21-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:41 PM   #24
DrSpengler
TMNT Entity guy
 
DrSpengler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Speaking of crossover's, I've always wanted to read Batman vs Predator and Frank miller's Robocop vs Terminator.
Both of those are great, btw. RoboCop vs. Terminator is maybe a little irreverent and jokey, but it's befitting of the RoboCop universe and 100% delivers on its premise.

Batman vs. Predator is just all sorts of badass and an all-time favorite of mine. One of my favorite stories from Chuck Dixon. Batman vs. Predator II is alright, as well. Haven't read III, though.
__________________
TMNT Entity
Ninja Turtle comic reviews, essays, articles and more!


-Mark Pellegrini
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #25
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Oh look, Donnie still sucks.

I really hate this mini-series. It'd be fine if it weren't for the Donatello bashing. I've missed Bebop and Rocksteady.
THIS. Enough picking on Donatello already. It's getting real old, writers. Real old. I'm so sick of seeing the other three Turtles pal out while Donnie gets the crud end of the stick in IDW.
__________________


After the silver-tongued spirit Pan escaped from Rancientia to Earth, possessed a British officer, and sparked the American Revolution, spirit warriors Blaken, Marston, Rowen, and Seddus took long-tailed weasels as hosts and developed extraordinary powers to counter Pan and his apocalyptic vision for Earth.

spiritguildseries.com

Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #26
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Both of those are great, btw. RoboCop vs. Terminator is maybe a little irreverent and jokey, but it's befitting of the RoboCop universe and 100% delivers on its premise.

Batman vs. Predator is just all sorts of badass and an all-time favorite of mine. One of my favorite stories from Chuck Dixon. Batman vs. Predator II is alright, as well. Haven't read III, though.
Speaking of the Predator comics, how likely is it that Disney will just hand that license to Marvel like they did with Star Wars? And if so, what are the hopes for reprints of the Batman crossover?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
THIS. Enough picking on Donatello already. It's getting real old, writers. Real old. I'm so sick of seeing the other three Turtles pal out while Donnie gets the crud end of the stick in IDW.
In the main series Don doesn't get treated any differently than the others.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #28
DrSpengler
TMNT Entity guy
 
DrSpengler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Speaking of the Predator comics, how likely is it that Disney will just hand that license to Marvel like they did with Star Wars?
Well, by the looks of things, Disney doesn't seem to trust Star Wars with Marvel so much anymore. IDW has been publishing Star Wars books recently. In fact, a lot of Disney licenses have been farmed out to other publishers instead of Marvel (IDW, Archie, Fantagraphics, Joe Books). So if any comics are done with the Predator license now that Disney owns it, there's a chance it won't be through Marvel.
__________________
TMNT Entity
Ninja Turtle comic reviews, essays, articles and more!


-Mark Pellegrini
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:05 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Well, by the looks of things, Disney doesn't seem to trust Star Wars with Marvel so much anymore. IDW has been publishing Star Wars books recently. In fact, a lot of Disney licenses have been farmed out to other publishers instead of Marvel (IDW, Archie, Fantagraphics, Joe Books). So if any comics are done with the Predator license now that Disney owns it, there's a chance it won't be through Marvel.
There's a scary thought for Dark Horse. Losing Star Wars was one thing... but Aliens and Predator, too?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:14 PM   #30
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 11,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There's a scary thought for Dark Horse. Losing Star Wars was one thing... but Aliens and Predator, too?
Dark Horse editors and writers sit around the campfire saying...
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #31
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 11,070
This issue felt like a very quick read.

I'm not familiar enough with contemporary Batman books to know if Damian's -TT- is a staple habit of his character. How is it supposed to be pronounced?

One little fun bit of character development for April...
Spoiler:
She's doing "spy" stuff of a recon nature, which is what she resolved to be way back in the April Micro-Issue, but it's a trait rarely seen in the main ongoing. She said she spent about a year sneaking around on the Shredder... which would be really impressive if she's able to spy on a ninja master with a legion of footsoliders and presumably tight security. And I appreciated that when Batman requested a zoomed in shot of Bane's tank that it actually looked pixelated (sorta) instead of ultra-high res like you always see in TV and movies.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #32
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
This issue felt like a very quick read.

I'm not familiar enough with contemporary Batman books to know if Damian's -TT- is a staple habit of his character. How is it supposed to be pronounced?

One little fun bit of character development for April...
Spoiler:
She's doing "spy" stuff of a recon nature, which is what she resolved to be way back in the April Micro-Issue, but it's a trait rarely seen in the main ongoing. She said she spent about a year sneaking around on the Shredder... which would be really impressive if she's able to spy on a ninja master with a legion of footsoliders and presumably tight security. And I appreciated that when Batman requested a zoomed in shot of Bane's tank that it actually looked pixelated (sorta) instead of ultra-high res like you always see in TV and movies.
Damian's "tt" is basically him blowing you off or disregarding your opinion and basically its suppose to be a soft "t" like the "t" in the word "to" I could be mistaken though haha this is just my interpretation.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:04 AM   #33
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 11,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Damian's "tt" is basically him blowing you off or disregarding your opinion and basically its suppose to be a soft "t" like the "t" in the word "to" I could be mistaken though haha this is just my interpretation.
Oh, okay, so it's the familiar sound most people would make when they are being condescending in real life. The first time I saw it in the comic, I thought it might be the radio static sound.... or a shout-out to the Teen Titans.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:57 PM   #34
DrSpengler
TMNT Entity guy
 
DrSpengler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,776
Here's my full summary and review of Batman/TMNT II #2 at TMNT Entity.

I admit, I'm making a lot of assumptions about the storyline and how it will progress, but much of it seems kind of telegraphed. And Donnie being reduced to a pouting weakling and Bane going back to being a Venom addict comes off as character regression that doesn't suit either of them.

We'll see how things progress; the mini still has plenty of time to surprise me.
__________________
TMNT Entity
Ninja Turtle comic reviews, essays, articles and more!


-Mark Pellegrini
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 03:30 PM   #35
Vegeta
Hench Mutant
 
Vegeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 349
Freddie Williams art is eye popping enough to make up for the terrible narrative
__________________
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #36
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Freddie Williams art is eye popping enough to make up for the terrible narrative
Yeah, I still hope the story improves though
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.