The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-05-2018, 12:28 PM   #21
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
If the book has to cost $5, I'd much rather the page space be given to the main story and the back-ups eliminated entirely. They did that with They Jersey Devil and that one-shot benefited tremendously from the extra elbow room.
Ditto on the backups vs. extra story pages as a justification for the extra $ on the cover price.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:32 PM   #22
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'd be happy for the "preview" backpages to be eliminated. I like the backup stories - mostly because sometimes they're better than the actual main stories (Triceratots part one, Maintenance) or tie into the main story in some way.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:41 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well Universe sales have been declining rapidly, as seen here, the November issue only sold a little over 8,000 copies:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=724

No sales for December yet. Weird thing is we're not even 20 issues into Universe yet and sales have literally been cut in half over just the barely 2 years its been going on.

Bobby said before that Universe will go on for as long as sales support it, I wonder what the bare minimum of sales for it to be profitable are.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:21 PM   #24
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well Universe sales have been declining rapidly, as seen here, the November issue only sold a little over 8,000 copies:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=724

No sales for December yet. Weird thing is we're not even 20 issues into Universe yet and sales have literally been cut in half over just the barely 2 years its been going on.

Bobby said before that Universe will go on for as long as sales support it, I wonder what the bare minimum of sales for it to be profitable are.
Yeah its unfortunate, bc Tmnt Universe offered some great stories so far, but this past arc or two has been dissapointing/ let down. I swear if they just dropped the back issue and brought the price down to 3.99 like the ongoing then this book would sell better.

I am wondering though if they are selling the book for 4.99 bc the lower numbers. If they had a larger profit margin on each book then they would not have to sell has many copies to make it profitable.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:31 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

I imagine sales for the December issue will probably be somewhere in the upper 7,000's. Hopefully Comic Chron updates soon with December sales charts.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:20 PM   #26
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post
Well, thanks!
You're welcome !

It's on second thought many days later that I realized that Karai literally bled to resurrect the Foot Clan to its former self, and got kicked to the curb and disrespected following her efforts, and was constantly pushed around until she got kicked out entirely by Splinter. So yeah, all desire to make her own ninja group where she's in charge is completely valid.