The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-04-2019, 03:29 PM   #8561
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So you live with the guy then? Don't know how you put up with it. And wow, that police department around there is something else. Could you get him removed from the property, or is it his name that's on it?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:57 PM   #8562
Leo656
The Franchise

He and his wife co-own the house. My wife and I rent half of it.

The arrangement WAS, the mother has MS and the father is slipping into dementia (related 100% to 40+ years of alcohol abuse), and they have a lot of property that needs to be kept up (mostly farmland out here), too much for them to handle so it was originally quid pro quo; "Live with us and we'll only charge you a reasonable amount of rent, and you guys help us out as much as you can." My wife's on disability and can't work so on paper it was originally a very good deal... except that this guy REFUSES to stop drinking even though he almost died from it several times and has also been arrested multiple times.

I've long been trying to get us out of there but my wife refused on account of the dog, the house, and the huge yard. One of those "I won't settle for an apartment" types. It's very close to work, so whatever, for the longest time I just bit my tongue about most of the bullsh*t but the last two years her Dad's been a complete f*cking lunatic.

I know we're supposed to avoid politics and such, but the thing is, he has a TOTALLY unhealthy and deranged fixation on Trump, and that's what's been setting him off the last couple of years. Ever since the election he's been glued to the TV 24/7, getting drunk and screaming about "Shoot him in the face! Shoot ALL rich c*ck-suckers in the face! Kill 'em all!" He's not even a Democrat or a liberal; when he's not screaming about Trump, he's ranting about killing all the "n*****s and f*****s". His beef with Trump is, "He's rich, how dare anyone be rich, kill all rich people." He has said, openly and often, "Kill all rich people. And all the n*****s and f*****s, too!" He's a real f*cking piece of work.

His wife absolutely HATES him but doesn't want to lose the house. She's gotten restraining orders, talked about divorce, even broke her own arm one time when she backhanded him for being a scumbag, but the lawyers always say, "Well, any of this will mean that you have to sell the house." She's been sticking it out because the last time he was in the hospital, they assured her that he was going to die soon from alcohol abuse, and she figures there's no sense in leaving prematurely if he's not long for this world. But I don't believe that's the case; he has said openly that he WANTS to die, and that he's trying to drink himself to death like all his friends did, but he's no closer to it as far as I can tell. So we get the "pleasure" of being terrorized as he completes his downward spiral.

I finally had enough a few weeks ago and her mother's been helping us try and find another place close by, but it's tough, and it can take a long time to get approval. My wife's been saying, "We can't leave the dog, we can't leave the dog," but maybe that's why this happened, I don't know. Maybe this was a sign that we should finally just leave before that son of a bitch kills someone.

I just don't understand why if he wants to die, he doesn't just kill himself. I'm all in favor of that. Like morally, is it right to stay alive JUST because you enjoy terrorizing people when you've admitted that you've given up on life? That seems downright evil, to me.

This sh*t is also why I don't buy the "addiction - disease" myth and never have. My family, and hers, are FULL of so-called "addicts"; they're not "sick", they're simply Bad People who don't CARE that they're bad people. There's no "disease", just selfish people making selfish choices. The "disease" narrative is pushed by people who have NEVER actually lived with any of these scumbags, have entirely too much empathy for people who didn't ask for and don't deserve it, and furthered by a medical industry that thrives on treating one kind of chemical dependence by merely getting you hooked on different chemicals, which is a f*cking joke.

It is what it is, but f*cking hell. I love my wife but I did not get involved with her 20 years ago to deal with THIS kinda sh*t.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:53 AM   #8563
Leo656
The Franchise

As if it couldn't get any worse, someone just texted us saying they picked up the dog and demanded that we give them $200 or they'll kill him.

Cops were notified. I really hate people.

Old 11-05-2019, 08:27 AM   #8564
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
As if it couldn't get any worse, someone just texted us saying they picked up the dog and demanded that we give them $200 or they'll kill him.

Cops were notified. I really hate people.
That's bull$hit, man. You think they're legit or just scamming?
Old 11-05-2019, 09:07 AM   #8565
Leo656
The Franchise

Most likely fake. Cops probably can't do much. Figured it would be worth it to report it anyway. They took down the number and looked at all the texts. They figure it's a scam but said they'd look into it.

People like that are horrible. I expected at least one, however.

Old 11-05-2019, 09:38 AM   #8566
Prowler
Emperor

Man, you were right. No one could invent your life. I think at this point Hollywood director could direct a blockbuster movie based on it or an aspiring author could write a best-seller based on it. Unbelievable.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:10 PM   #8567
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wtf... Glad it at least put them on the police's radar for any future attempts to scam people. That's just cruel.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:28 PM   #8568
Leo656
The Franchise

My lack of faith in people never goes unrewarded.

That said, though, tons of people are sharing the information so hopefully we'll hear something soon. Just really sucks that some people would try and take advantage of this kind of situation in such an horrific manner.

Old 11-14-2019, 12:45 PM   #8569
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

A day where you just hate both people and technology...

We got new devices for work last month, and a whole new app to do the job with...and I definitely have some complaints and improvements to suggest.

And luckily I was already done getting the new shipment of cards put up at the post office...because this stupid woman could not for two seconds consider that MAYBE, must maybe I was there doing a frigging job, with limited time, and letting her damn child f*** with the cards and the spinning display they are on is kind of a problem and rude. Annoyed... but if I was still putting them out and had to fight him on it I'd have been rather pissed.

Bad enough I had to ask this kid to back off of my personal belongings sitting beside the display. At least she did then tell him to move over. Didn't tell him to stop effing with the display though, that he was continuing to spin...just told him a few times to not do it so fast. Grr. Why anymore do adult human beings even have to be told, like people just believe that anything is fine unless people tell them otherwise. You're an ADULT, people shouldn't have to tell you these things.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-14-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #8570
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The last of the six kittens just died.

She had been unwell for the past two days and has seen a vet, who presumed she had an infection from her spay. She was back this morning for a follow up, but then didn't make it the rest of the day.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:06 PM   #8571
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

My gosh, so, so sorry to hear that.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:31 PM   #8572
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, it hit me super hard.

So I've lost the whole litter, which is something that's never happened before.
Won't be fostering babies again for a very long time now
Old 11-23-2019, 12:30 AM   #8573
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I'm sorry for your losses. This year has been a rough one for our furry friends. Perhaps you can try to volunteer at a nearby pet shelter?

You might not wish to care for foster kittens at your home, but, there will be other kitties that could use your affection. You can bring supplies, blankets, food, ect. plus, volunteer your time to a few orphaned kitties within the shelter. The people that run the shelter can also better assist you, should any more feline health issues come calling the kitties in your care.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:49 PM   #8574
Vegita-San
Emperor

This didn't make sense to me...why would my channel be fined if I didn't define it as 'for kids?' or not 'for kids?'

Apparently it's Big Media's way of silencing those who speak the truth, I.e. independent youtubers. smh.

Old 11-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #8575
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What's stupid is that YouTube Kids is a thing. There is already a safe platform for children and until they're old enough they really have no reason to even be on the main site.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:50 AM   #8576
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm scared I've lost a friend I was making or am losing them because they haven't communicated with me and I don't know why. Even after they said they were willing to commit to something with me.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:20 PM   #8577
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Just heard A.C. Moore is closing. Nooo....

Maybe the one by me will become a Michael's, sine the only other one is up by the mall with his a pain in the ass to go all the way over there. But even still, while I like them too they aren't A.C. Moore and I liked having two options when I was looking for craft store stuff.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:28 PM   #8578
Leo656
The Franchise

Getting what's technically good news but being unable to do anything about it.

Our dog has apparently been zig-zagging all over the place for the past three weeks; between fliers, Facebook, and word of mouth, we've cast a huge net and tons of people are trying to help. He's been spotted numerous times but he won't stay still or come to anyone. Whenever we get a report, my wife races over to where he was but he's always long gone; she usually stakes out the area for a good while, too, but he won't re-emerge. It appears that he's been sticking to the woods and bouncing around with no set pattern. We even have a few trappers helping us out, but whenever they set up the giant kennel trap he shows up a mile in the other direction.

Of course, we've also gotten multiple extortion attempts from scam artists - "I have your dog, bring me $_____ or I'll sell or kill him." This is unavoidable when you have your contact information out there, and we've reported each of them to the police, but seriously, f*ck those people in the ear with an AIDS dick. And people tell me that there's no such thing as "Evil" in this world; bullsh*t, if calling up a scared and grieving person and threatening to kill their pet if they don't get a bunch of cash isn't "evil" then I don't know what else to call it. Regardless of whether or not you have the animal in question, that's ultimate trash behavior and I wish cancer on every single person who has pulled that sh*t on us.

Today we got the most promising news so far, as a hunter actually spotted him in the woods several miles away and took a video to check with us if it was in fact our dog. And it is! He still has his collar on, doesn't look emaciated or anything so I guess he's been eating, but he wouldn't respond to calls and just wandered around ignoring the guy (although he didn't run away, either). And of course, he was long gone by the time my wife got there. She and her mom searched the area but came up empty. Again.

I'm glad he's alive, and he seems "fine" given the circumstances, but we can't seem to get him back, and it's so goddamn frustrating. We're starting to wonder if maybe he just wants to be "free". People who've seen him say that he notices them trying to get his attention, he just ignores them, even if they have food.

Ultimately, if he really doesn't want to come home, there's not much we can do about it. But it's killing us. And while I'm glad someone spotted him and gave us proof that he's alright, I'm VERY nervous that he's now walking around in woods where hunters gather, because from a distance he looks very much like a deer, and that can go all kinds of wrong very quickly.

I don't know.

Old 11-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #8579
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, I'm partially glad to hear this, that at least he's still kicking and you guys have gotten proof of that. I hope eventually someone does manage to get a hold of him one of these days soon.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:16 PM   #8580
Leo656
The Franchise

We're apparently staying home for Thanksgiving now. Her grandma told her to just give up and forget about the dog, and when my wife mentioned what an insensitive thing to say that is, she hung up on her, and now won't take my wife's calls at all.

Of course, now that we know he's alive and exactly where he is, just give up. Makes perfect f*cking sense.

I'm fine with staying home, I hate holiday gatherings. They're very tedious and pointless if you don't like football, so this is fine by me. But I told her and her mom, "Don't let me hear Gram saying that kinda sh*t to ME about the dog, I ain't gonna be so f*cking nice."

Sigh.