The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-31-2019, 02:43 PM   #1
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

As much as I love the shredder as a character I really wouldn't want to start with him for the third time. It's too much been there done that imo. There's been over 30 years of tmnt media so I find it tough to believe there isn't a screen writer alive that cant find a threat other than the foot clan that they think can hold an audiences attention for 2 hours. Personally what i hope for is that a new film series would take the opportunity to try to introduce the general public to the wider world of tmnt lore. like just off the top of my head maybe a movie where the turtles are being hunted by bishop or stockman. Or maybe both. Drop in some foot Easter eggs and build up some anticipation for later

Last edited by slingtheory; 03-31-2019 at 02:49 PM.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

I'm excited to hear more info about this.

I think it might just appeal to the gambling-loving side of my personality. Odds are stacked in the favor of this movie totally sucking, but there's just a small enough chance, based on feedback, that the film will be good. Makes it fun to keep an eye on and root for.

Plus, it's always fascinating to see what happens to a franchise you love.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #3
Vicky82
Emperor

As they wan't to start production later this year and we are now in mid April, I guess we will hear more info pretty soon.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:14 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
As they wan't to start production later this year and we are now in mid April, I guess we will hear more info pretty soon.
Unless they're terrified of us after the criticism with the last films. The kind that made them change the title, Shredder, etc.

I do worry that it might keep them from wanting to share much. But keeping things like the 2014 designs under wraps for so long did not help anything because people really didn't have sufficient times to at least get used to it first and accept it for what it is. If they keep a lot of this one quiet for a long time, for their own sake they better at least be making good decisions.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:54 PM   #5
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Unless they're terrified of us after the criticism with the last films. The kind that made them change the title, Shredder, etc.

I do worry that it might keep them from wanting to share much. But keeping things like the 2014 designs under wraps for so long did not help anything because people really didn't have sufficient times to at least get used to it first and accept it for what it is. If they keep a lot of this one quiet for a long time, for their own sake they better at least be making good decisions.
If I remember correctly, didn't our first look at the 2014 design come from a leaked picture of a Michelangelo Halloween costume?
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:48 AM   #6
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'm excited to hear more info about this.

I think it might just appeal to the gambling-loving side of my personality. Odds are stacked in the favor of this movie totally sucking, but there's just a small enough chance, based on feedback, that the film will be good. Makes it fun to keep an eye on and root for.

Plus, it's always fascinating to see what happens to a franchise you love.
They need to Bumblebee the TMNT Movies get travis knight or someone who actually cares about the turtle franchise to direct.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:31 PM   #7
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
They need to Bumblebee the TMNT Movies get travis knight or someone who actually cares about the turtle franchise to direct.
I generally agree with this sentiment, even though Bumblebee wasn't the huge improvement for me, that it seemed to be for many others. I did like the lead.

To me the key ingredient, right in front of their noses, is to follow the source material.

Look Platinum Dunes, you're working with a comicbook franchise. Now, what is the most successful Movie studio ever doing with their comicbook franchise?? They're adapting and modernizing the comics. Giving fans something new and robust, but using the source material as a compass.

Look again. Which TMNT movie has been the most successful? The one that is most faithful to the source material. Even the figures based on said film are flying off shelves. Huh, look at that.

Wake up, Platinum Dunes. You are sitting on a gold mine and it's 1949.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:18 AM   #8
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Come on, give it to someone else than PD.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:36 PM   #9
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Those faces are too much cartoony for my taste.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:39 PM   #10
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Those faces are too much cartoony for my taste.
The Sonic movie says otherwise.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:46 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I respect the work but way too cartoony faces. It looks like the designs from "Injustice 2," with some of the faces/heads from the "Coming out of our shells tour" Turtles.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:35 PM   #12
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I don’t think they’re too cartoony but they’re basically just the 90 designs. They did a good job but they’re not very different.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:38 PM   #13
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Its funny seeing people arguing over something being too cartoony or not cartoony enough. They can't make up there mind. I look at these designs. And it looks fine to me. I don't get how the faces look cartoony because i don't see it.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:48 PM   #14
AquaParade
Banned

There is so much to dig into with just the urban setting, foot backstory, mutant turtles, and potential reincarnation.

The sci-fi elements and even some of the ideas created in the F.W. toon should be kept in the back pocket for starters, both as a secret weapon to use when things are nearing stale, and as a means to keep the story focused and flesh out the world before you try and juggle too much.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:18 PM   #15
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
There is so much to dig into with just the urban setting, foot backstory, mutant turtles, and potential reincarnation.

The sci-fi elements and even some of the ideas created in the F.W. toon should be kept in the back pocket for starters, both as a secret weapon to use when things are nearing stale, and as a means to keep the story focused and flesh out the world before you try and juggle too much.
Perfect! You're hired. Now, go make the movie!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #16
AquaParade
Banned

Right. You wouldn't need a fresh story if you actually have a fresh take on said story. I bet an audience would sit through the origin again if it actually has some pizzazz.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:01 PM   #17
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Right. You wouldn't need a fresh story if you actually have a fresh take on said story. I bet an audience would sit through the origin again if it actually has some pizzazz.
OMG. LoL. I just read that as:

"I bet an audience would sit through the origin again if it actually has some pizzas."

Like yeah, pizzas make everything better. Even $hitty movies! LOL.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:31 PM   #18
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
OMG. LoL. I just read that as:

"I bet an audience would sit through the origin again if it actually has some pizzas."

Like yeah, pizzas make everything better. Even $hitty movies! LOL.
Lol! Too close to reality.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:53 PM   #19
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Lol! Too close to reality.
Yeah... Either that or I'm just too much in love with pizza. It's a big part of my username for a reason. LoL. The irony is... I was never that crazy about the TMNT being obsessed with it. I mean as occasional food, sure but the TMNT shouldn't be so obsessed with it as they were in FW.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:00 PM   #20
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Yeah... Either that or I'm just too much in love with pizza. It's a big part of my username for a reason. LoL. The irony is... I was never that crazy about the TMNT being obsessed with it. I mean as occasional food, sure but the TMNT shouldn't be so obsessed with it as they were in FW.
I agree completely. It’s so tired at this point. I pick on figures, especially, for always making pizza an accessory.

Tags
just.. why?, kill me now, papenbrook the troll, thedefinitionofinsanity, vote of no confidence