The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-17-2020, 02:38 PM   #741
AquaParade
Big Boss

I want these but apparently not bad enough to order them through GS or pay a markup.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:11 PM   #742
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I want these but apparently not bad enough to order them through GS or pay a markup.
I wanted Splinter but with Gamestop pulling a shady 5 dollar mark up from the turtles price I refuse to support that.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:38 PM   #743
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I wanted Splinter but with Gamestop pulling a shady 5 dollar mark up from the turtles price I refuse to support that.
Weren't the 24.99 price tags placeholders? They went back to 19.99 a while back and even though my pre-order still said 24.99, the employee said the final price is what I'd be paying when I pick them up, which was 19.99. Not to mention, they had a 20% off collectibles promotion that week too.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:15 PM   #744
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Weren't the 24.99 price tags placeholders? They went back to 19.99 a while back and even though my pre-order still said 24.99, the employee said the final price is what I'd be paying when I pick them up, which was 19.99. Not to mention, they had a 20% off collectibles promotion that week too.
Yeah my price went up and then back down. When I went to pick them up I bought this tote bag and because all of the figures fit in it they were discounted 20% off. I have done this before when buying the Batman TMNT figures but I didn't know it worked with picking up pre orders but it did!
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:31 PM   #745
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
nope just checked the website still $24.99 for Splinter.

Spoiler:

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:57 PM   #746
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Yeah my price went up and then back down. When I went to pick them up I bought this tote bag and because all of the figures fit in it they were discounted 20% off. I have done this before when buying the Batman TMNT figures but I didn't know it worked with picking up pre orders but it did!
Same here. I had no idea pre-orders qualified but I think the manager, he was cool enough to just give me and my brother tote bags as soon as we walked in. We thought he was joking at first because we were near the collectibles but he knew we were there for the TMNT figures.

Quote:
nope just checked the website still $24.99 for Splinter.

Wait, I think I got confused here. Haven't they always been 24.99? I remember they were marked up to 30 dollars before but they went back to standard price. Even the Turtles were 24.99 each.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:02 PM   #747
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Same here. I had no idea pre-orders qualified but I think the manager, he was cool enough to just give me and my brother tote bags as soon as we walked in. We thought he was joking at first because we were near the collectibles but he knew we were there for the TMNT figures.

Wait, I think I got confused here. Haven't they always been 24.99? I remember they were marked up to 30 dollars before but they went back to standard price. Even the Turtles were 24.99 each.
I think you were right they were marked up to 30 at one point than went back down to $24.99 my bad.

Old 02-17-2020, 07:06 PM   #748
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
I think you were right they were marked up to 30 at one point than went back down to $24.99 my bad.
No problem. But also, is it just me, or does Splinter's robe look nothing like in the promotional images? He's got more sex appeal going on with the leg and chest in the picture than the one I got.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #749
inaheap
Stone Warrior

I went in-store Saturday to pick up my preorder. Worked out Super Awesome! They adjusted my price back down to the original cost plus gave me the 20% off bag sale deal. I had a reward coupon too. I ended up with enough back to cover my preorder of Rita and Zedd. Web experience can be a bit frustrating, but my local stores are always good to me.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:19 PM   #750
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I went in-store Saturday to pick up my preorder. Worked out Super Awesome! They adjusted my price back down to the original cost plus gave me the 20% off bag sale deal. I had a reward coupon too. I ended up with enough back to cover my preorder of Rita and Zedd. Web experience can be a bit frustrating, but my local stores are always good to me.
Yeah I had ordered doubles of the foot as well as Shredder & Splinter and with the 20% off my pre-paid pre order was enough to cover a Black Series General Grevious and $8 store credit.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:10 AM   #751
Panther10
Hench Mutant

I ended up placing multiple orders of foot soldiers so I should have 14 of these guys later today if I include the two that I picked up from the SDCC set lat year. I'm gonna try to replicate either the raph ambush scene or the final battle scene on the Neca diorama with the turtles, shredder foot and splinter

I was able to buy this figure from Lunar Toys. They ended up getting a few more of the Special editions in stock so I grabbed one. So I'm no longer in the market for a First Gokin NT-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Congrats! Did you get the special edition with the chrome parts, or just the standard version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Says right there he got the special edition, mane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
You're right! D'oh!
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:04 PM   #752
Otter
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
I ended up placing multiple orders of foot soldiers so I should have 14 of these guys later today if I include the two that I picked up from the SDCC set lat year. I'm gonna try to replicate either the raph ambush scene or the final battle scene on the Neca diorama with the turtles, shredder foot and splinter
Be sure to post pics. I have the same plan, but will only have 7 Foot. Not sure if that's enough.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 07:24 PM   #753
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Went in today and picked up my two sets. They wouldn't honor the weekend bag promo. They do look awesome tho. Very cool figures.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:05 PM   #754
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
Went in today and picked up my two sets. They wouldn't honor the weekend bag promo. They do look awesome tho. Very cool figures.
Is the bag thing only on weekends?
Old 02-19-2020, 09:24 PM   #755
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Is the bag thing only on weekends?
It was just for presidents day weekend apparently.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:27 PM   #756
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

I ordered Shredder yesterday and it/he should be here on Friday.

Quote:
Right on man, thatís a lot of foot. Please post the scene display 👍

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:08 PM   #757
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That's gonna be a helluva lil army there! We're gonna need pix of that coolness.....
Old 02-20-2020, 04:53 AM   #758
statik
Foot Soldier

Hey so can anyone answer this question. Did Neca do any changes to Splinter's tail with the Gamestop release? The SDCC Capture of Splinter set has some issues of him standing up on his own, pretty bummed about it since I got that set on the pre-order originally. My favorite character even next to Raph.

Let me know. Thanks.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 12:43 PM   #759
Otter
Foot Soldier

And to add to that, are there any differences to Splinter's deco? I had thought that his robe was to be less weathered, but it looks the same (as far as I can tell) in review videos.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #760
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

How long has wave 2 been sold out online? Surprised how long the turtles were up compared to wave 2....hopefully more on the way?
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote