The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Collection Photos

Notices

Old 07-15-2017, 10:27 AM   #1
MocMan
New Recruit

Mirage studios scratch

I'm curious... What would you say the value of this is?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20170715-121422.jpg (9.2 KB, 101 views)
MocMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:36 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Scratch is a ridiculously overpriced figure that really isn't that rare as people want to convince other it is, so who knows.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #3
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

$750-1000 according to recent Ebay sales. Yeah, not all that rare, but still quite in demand.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:24 AM   #4
MocMan
New Recruit

Even graded? And directly from mirage studios with signed COA by turtle creators in custom case... You'd say only 750-1000?
Old 07-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #5
MocMan
New Recruit

Is kaptain Myke still on here? I'd really like his opinion... And sorry the pic isn't better... Couldnt figure out to to get it a better quality
Old 07-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Sorry, I didn't realize it was graded. The pic is kinda hard to see. Depending on grade it would be more for sure.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:25 PM   #7
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

I think that is Kaptain Myke's Scratch he got from Mirage..
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:29 PM   #8
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I personally don't put to much value on signatures and/or COA. In some instances I prefer no signature on the item because it makes it less mint condition. And if you do value the signature it shouldn't be a lot because so many things are signed now a days.

It could sell in an auction setting for $2,000 plus. It's common to see higher prices with auction snipes. Only takes two. But I personally wouldn't pay more than the fair market value of $700-$900.

Creators are "finding" that they have a lot of things around in storage. I wouldn't be surprised if another Scratch or two shows up.

edit: I need to read threads more thoroughly. I didn't realize it was graded. That would add some more value. If not kapmyke this could be something from bchick1022 on eBay, they routinely have higher priced graded items like this. Over priced imho.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 07-15-2017 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Fixed something, what else.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:36 PM   #9
MocMan
New Recruit

Thanks guys all input is definitely appreciated ... I realize it's not 1 of a kind but maybe 3 of a kind lol... Also to let u know... There is no autograph on the actual item... Just the COA... Anyone know how to post a better pic so u guys can see it better?
Old 08-21-2017, 02:55 PM   #10
Foot Soldier

scratch is such a boring figure...no idea why it is so in demand...give me the 1988 line any day
1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #11
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Anyone paying $1000 for a toy should probably just run for President. They've got the money for it.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #12
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Anyone paying $1000 for a toy should probably just run for President. They've got the money for it.
https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/aver...ebt-household/
According to this article the average household credit card debt is $16,425. One of my collecting rules is never use a card on collectibles, ever. $1,000 isn't really that bad though compared to other collections and hobbies. Just think about all those expensive guitars hanging on walls, golf clubs, ATVs, tattoos, shoes. The list really could go on and on. And I'm thinking a lot of it is credit cards.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/aver...ebt-household/
According to this article the average household credit card debt is $16,425. One of my collecting rules is never use a card on collectibles, ever. $1,000 isn't really that bad though compared to other collections and hobbies. Just think about all those expensive guitars hanging on walls, golf clubs, ATVs, tattoos, shoes. The list really could go on and on. And I'm thinking a lot of it is credit cards.
I was being nice. What I really think is anyone paying $1000 for a collectible toy is an idiot with too much money.

Buy a used car instead for that kinda money, instead of a toy mutant cat you're not going to take out of the packaging.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #14
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I like it when your nice, my mistake. I get what your saying now though.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Mirage Studios' Scratch"? Isn't that an oxymoron?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:33 PM   #16
mrmaczaps
Banned

Everything from Mirage thats from Laird's (or any Mirage guys) collection comes with a COA as well as most of the boxed and/or oddball items. I got a "shoulder bag" and it had a COA...

CGC can be faked (the witness not being present, but signing off that they were, like anything from a Shellback signing...lol). You pay for CBCS. I have my own COAs for signed merch. It just says I was there when whatever the item is was signed... all depends on the honesty of the person...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:50 PM   #17
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Everything from Mirage thats from Laird's (or any Mirage guys) collection comes with a COA as well as most of the boxed and/or oddball items. I got a "shoulder bag" and it had a COA...
I can verify that this isn't so from Murph. I've gotten 2 or 3 things from him with no certificate.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:23 AM   #18
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I can verify that this isn't so from Murph. I've gotten 2 or 3 things from him with no certificate.
From him directly or through Mirage? I got lookimg at what i've bought from Mirage and it seems all the ebay stuff has a COA, but only things from their website listed as having a COA.... Sorry for the confusion.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #19
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
From him directly or through Mirage? I got lookimg at what i've bought from Mirage and it seems all the ebay stuff has a COA, but only things from their website listed as having a COA.... Sorry for the confusion.
Direct from his personal eBay account. That might be the difference?
Old 08-22-2017, 03:29 PM   #20
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Direct from his personal eBay account. That might be the difference?
Sounds likely... It is nice getting them direct from creators, but its still just paper.... *shrugs* I dunno. I like having them for signed stuff.... I was going to get my notary license again just so I could stamp my COAs but you aren't supposed to do your own stuff... lol