The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-12-2016, 04:35 PM   #1
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

NEW set of TMNT statues from Sideshow

Man all these statues and turtle collectibles coming out is getting crazy. I always liked turtles because it was manageable to collect but in the past few years it's just gotten away from me. The teaser is cool. Similar to the other sideshow set they're a fresh interpretation and not based on previous material.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-ne...ign=051216news

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

of course like most sideshow/hot toys products they are ****ing expensive.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:11 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Pretty sharp! I wanna say I like these better than their last set, at least where Leo is concerned.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #4
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Meh, I'm burnt out on all the TMNT stuff. There's simply too much to keep up with, or to care about.

Seems like such a short time ago that being a TMNT completionist was relatively easy. Anymore, it's like a car payment that never goes away.

The teaser doesn't do much for me, honestly. I have the Playmates statues, I have the Sideshow coms, and I'm leaning towards the Prime 1 Henson set. I have the Mondo set on order. What other iteration of turtles do I need, short of a legitimate set of toon turtles statues?
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:04 PM   #5
megatronical
Mouser

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-ne...turtles-print/

They look to be based off of this print they are doing.
megatronical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:54 PM   #6
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatronical View Post
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-ne...turtles-print/

They look to be based off of this print they are doing.
Nice catch!

And yeah, I hear you I Crave Pizza No More. Whens enough enough? I have the Playmates ones, the Sideshow ones(+2 Mousers), and I skipped out on the Platinum Dunes movie statues for obvious reasons, but the Jim Henson designs have me very interested.

And you know where they all are? In my closet, in a box Until I have good enough space for them, there is where they'll remain.

These new ones look very cool, but I gotta draw the line somewhere. I'm thinking the lines here.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:15 PM   #7
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

I just hope they aren't 1/5. I'll buy at least raphael
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:26 AM   #8
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Here is another site that has an actual picture of the new Sideshow Raphael statue in the top left hand corner.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/brands/te...les/?ref=crumb

It's definitely a more realistic imagining of the turtles this time around. A lot of nice textures on the bandana, wraps, and belts as well as the skin. I'm up in the air about getting any of these for now until I see a full reveal.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:54 AM   #9
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Yea.....too many things for collecting and every time less cash! lol ...i actually so happy with the first Sideshow ones....Got all 4 brothers red bandanas....
Its very interesting tho. for all people that didnt get the first wave..and now they have the chance to get a new set ..seems a pretty one...but im not into collecting all....
Old 05-13-2016, 03:19 AM   #10
Filespit
Hench Mutant

They look awesome, me want!

But seriously, they need to stop pumping out TMNT collectibles, we're being way too spoiled at the moment. At least give us some time to breathe before we get more collectibles to drowl over.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:25 AM   #11
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I wish I could afford all this new TMNT stuff! These look like they are gonna be awesome.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #12
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I can't imagine paying over 2 grand for 4 TMNT statues. You could get an amazing TMNT piece of art instead, hell you could probably get a movie prop too.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:02 PM   #13
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I can't imagine paying over 2 grand for 4 TMNT statues. You could get an amazing TMNT piece of art instead, hell you could probably get a movie prop too.
I would consider those statues to be an amazing piece of TMNT art.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:43 PM   #14
Donnie
Something from the Past

I'm loving all of these statue lines. They are worth every penny. Marvel and DC release statues like this all of the time, through Sideshow, and sometimes for more than $500. I have never encountered a TMNT quality piece which had a completely absurd price tag. Plus, the value of these will go up.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 12:02 AM   #15
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I finally decided to switch to only Donatello for these high end pieces. I'd like to have them all, but I'd rather have 1 of each compared to missing some all together.

At least it allows me to grab the Prime 1 Henson Donnie now.

I'll just stick to Mondo for my full set as I've already gotten all those. I hope they continue that for years to come.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 12:23 AM   #16
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
I would consider those statues to be an amazing piece of TMNT art.
They're definitely cool, but $2K for a mass-produced piece of art is a bit nuts. They're like really nice prints. Personally, $50ish isn't bad for a cool figure or statue. Personally, when the price starts hitting three and four-figures, a TMNT piece better have pretty strong ties to the movies or early comics.

There's obviously a market for mass-produced pieces at that price point, though. Certain TMNT Mondo prints sell for crazy amounts of money!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 04:24 AM   #17
Commenter 42
Banned

This looks like an attempt at Rapoza?

Kinda odd looking. iI was never a fan of his style, so you mileage may something something...

EDIT: I need to learn to read.

Last edited by Commenter 42; 05-14-2016 at 04:35 AM.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:47 PM   #18
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
They're definitely cool, but $2K for a mass-produced piece of art is a bit nuts. They're like really nice prints. Personally, $50ish isn't bad for a cool figure or statue. Personally, when the price starts hitting three and four-figures, a TMNT piece better have pretty strong ties to the movies or early comics.

There's obviously a market for mass-produced pieces at that price point, though. Certain TMNT Mondo prints sell for crazy amounts of money!
It's not $2K for a piece of art though. It's four pieces. And it is four huge pieces, that connect into an even more huge piece. But you also have the option of just getting any one of the four and it will still be an amazing centerpiece. I understand how it can be tough to imagine being able or willing to drop that kind of money for anything that isn't a form of transportation or a home, but if you ever get a chance to see any of these in person, the idea of suggesting a price tag of $50 will seem like a bad joke. You still may not immediately run out to sell a kidney for them. But you will understand why they carry a hefty price.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:02 PM   #19
Roseangelo
Emperor

I love that Sideshow is still supporting the TMNT brand, but the style of these doesn't appeal to me at all. Easy pass.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:39 AM   #20
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I'm not a fan of this style either.... Something just looks off to me. I still love the first SS line......I wish they made Casey
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote