The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 09-03-2016, 10:06 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

NT:TNM: the re-edit (you can help!)

Now I'm nowhere close to being at a place where this is something I can actively work on (it'd be around January, with pockets of time beforehand), but I don't see any harm in aggregating the right resources in the mean time.

The general plan:

* Pore over all of NT:TNM, find an hour and a half worth of footage, splice it together to form a complete narrative and, as such, a TMNT feature film. Write a new script to suit.
* It's a direct sequel to TMNT III.
* It will be upscaled to 1080p, formatted to widescreen.
* The color palette will be darkened and desaturated.
* All music, sound, foleying, and voicework will be completely 100% scraped out of it. All of this will be redone. Music will be largely borrowed from TMNT 1 and 2.
* I can digitally move the mouths a little better. Not a lot, but enough.
* Construct a few new sequences in CGI. Got a guy or two who can do this for me.
* Add blood, some legit violence. Basically make it a few shades darker than what we were promised with NT:TNM but a whole ocean darker than what we got. It'll still have laughs of course.

What do I need? I need voices. Can you do a Leo, Raph, Mikey, or Don or Splinter or Shredder that sounds like they did in TMNT 1-3? A Venus with a legit Chinese accent? Let's talk. Also anyone with any working knowledge of audio editing or foley... I can do these things serviceably but they don't fall under my direct specialties in film editing.

Oh, and what are we going to call it? This. And no, that's not a subtitle.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-04-2016 at 12:57 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:12 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

I can do a mean TMNT 3 Raphael, & decent Kevin Clash styled Splinter.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:19 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

This sounds awesome. I'm gonna test out my impressions tommorow and see if I could have anything to offer. (Probably not)

I can help with forming a story however. Would you want to create maybe a skype chat or something that the project can be worked on?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:20 PM   #4
sdp
-

I think it can be done I would need to re-watch it but I guess you can take the

East Meets west storyline and use all the other dragonlord themed episodes for footage and since there's an episode where he is basically defeated it works out as well as using the episode where Shredder "returns" to leave as a sideplot and then cliffhanger. Maybe footage could be used from other episodes/villains but outside of Dr. Quease who already has a few episodes interacting with the dragonlord it'd be hard without to making it a "too many villains" type of thing, and only Dr. Quease would be able to fit nicely as a member of the dragons crew.

I can do voices so if you need help there I could dub a character you may need, I don't think I could do any of the main characters like the turtles/shredder/splinter though.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:22 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
This sounds awesome. I'm gonna test out my impressions tommorow and see if I could have anything to offer. (Probably not)

I can help with forming a story however. Would you want to create maybe a skype chat or something that the project can be worked on?
We can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think it can be done I would need to re-watch it but I guess you can take the

East Meets west storyline and use all the other dragonlord themed episodes for footage and since there's an episode where he is basically defeated it works out as well as using the episode where Shredder "returns" to leave as a sideplot and then cliffhanger. Maybe footage could be used from other episodes/villains but outside of Dr. Quease who already has a few episodes interacting with the dragonlord it'd be hard without to making it a "too many villains" type of thing, and only Dr. Quease would be able to fit nicely as a member of the dragons crew.

I can do voices so if you need help there I could dub a character you may need, I don't think I could do any of the main characters like the turtles/shredder/splinter though.
Whatever shape it takes would definitely revolve around the Dragonlord entering our world and the Turtles taking him down, hard. But I definitely want to use all the Shredder/Foot footage available, but maybe flipping it around. I need to rewatch all of them again (ugh) to see what's there before anything. The basic goal is, Turtles fight Shredder (sneaking in some explanation for how he survived II), Turtles defeat Shredder, Dragonlord enters the game, Dragonlord has Turtles rattled, and Shredder does... the right thing. You can probably see where I'm going with this.

The trouble is, whatever we can write, we're more or less beholden to what was shot. Which can be cheated in many ways, but this is a complicated thing.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-04-2016 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:20 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I can do a mean TMNT 3 Raphael, & decent Kevin Clash styled Splinter.
I'd love to hear them. I know Tokka can do an uncannily perfect Splinter.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:25 PM   #7
ToTheNines
[sic]

Not sure what your budget is gonna be, or how much he'd cost for a day, but the Banks brothers got Robbie Rist to do that Casey Jones movie a while back. That might be worth a shot.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Not sure what your budget is gonna be, or how much he'd cost for a day, but the Banks brothers got Robbie Rist to do that Casey Jones movie a while back. That might be worth a shot.
I wouldn't mind asking the voice cast. The worst they can say is "no."
Old 09-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #9
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I can't do voices, but if you need any help with music editing I can offer my services.
I can PM you a few examples of what I've done in the past.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:41 PM   #10
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I can certainly help with writing parts and some jokes. Otherwise, shoot me a PM Andrew of a few lines for each character and I can try my hand at voice acting.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:51 PM   #11
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Ah, so you have decided to do it. Hope my opinion on it was a factor. Right now I cant tell but I'll see what I can do to help with this
Old 09-04-2016, 07:58 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Shredder only appears in the first two episodes, and then another episode later where he's a bum in rags and has long hair. The Foot are only in the first two eps.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:16 PM   #13
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Best of luck to all those involved

Any reason why there's no separate sub-forum for Next Mutation? It's brought up enough to warrant one, I'd think.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #14
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Any reason why there's no separate sub-forum for Next Mutation? It's brought up enough to warrant one, I'd think.
I think Venom brought this up to Mew a while back. If I recall, it's because of it having one season and especially the reputation. Any thread relating to it usually gets some guy popping in and saying it sucks. That's the general idea; it is in the right place though with anything relating to Turtlemania in GD though. (If anyone wants to correct me though, feel free)

I personally feel Next Mutation has concepts worth revisiting, especially the villains... and to a small degree, Venus. It may have an infamous rap to it, but it does offer something fresh. Now if only the ideas had greater execution...
Old 09-04-2016, 08:34 PM   #15
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I think Venom brought this up to Mew a while back. If I recall, it's because of it having one season and especially the reputation. Any thread relating to it usually gets some guy popping in and saying it sucks. That's the general idea; it is in the right place though with anything relating to Turtlemania in GD though. (If anyone wants to correct me though, feel free)
I get that, but wouldn't having its own section keep people from coming in just to sh*t all over it? Don't people have anything better to do with their time?

takes a look over the Platinum Dunes section

...Nevermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I personally feel Next Mutation has concepts worth revisiting, especially the villains... and to a small degree, Venus. It may have an infamous rap to it, but it does offer something fresh. Now if only the ideas had greater execution...
I agree. I actually liked the concepts of a lot of the villains in the show and was hoping to see a reattempt at some of them (Dragonlord, Bonesteel...) on the Nick toon since they seem to have no problem reintroducing things from various TMNT history, but other than the Venus sticker on the Shellraiser, its been dead on the NM stuff.

Anyways, wasn't trying to hijack the thread into a general NT:NM discussion. Like I said, good luck to everyone involved
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:28 PM   #16
snake
Disgusting

What would you be using to record the voices? Any recommended platforms?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:25 PM   #17
Casey
Stone Warrior

I'm fairly good at voices and impressions all around, so if there is a character that you need filled, let me know and maybe I could work on the voice.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:01 AM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Honestly if he's looking for voices, he should go with people with at least some professional talent in the industry. If he can't get anyone good, then use forum members.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:05 AM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
What would you be using to record the voices? Any recommended platforms?
Pretty much any program would do, I can clean up audio noise and such. The most important thing is equipment. A good mic, a quiet room, no peaking.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:45 AM   #20
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Pretty much any program would do, I can clean up audio noise and such. The most important thing is equipment. A good mic, a quiet room, no peaking.
I'd probably be too rubbish to do the voice but I wondered what Donatello voice are you going for? Corey Feldman or Adam Carl?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote