The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 03:01 PM   #121
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
So either it's a 'real timeline' which makes it go 'wow, thank goodness they saved the Earth and city all of those times' just for it to become a wasteland. Great job!

Or it's an alternate timeline. Thus you get an opportunity to do a 90 minute special to end your 5 year long series...and you waste it on an 'alternate timeline' just so that the makers of the show can make love to 'Max Max Fury Road' instead of giving fans an actual ending to your characters, your plot lines, and your show? Whew, thank goodness they brought up all of that Don & April stuff as well as the dozens of other mini-plot lines throughout the series.

And people wonder why I lost interest in the show. I honestly feel bad for you guys who kept at this, only for them to give you guys this stuff as a reward for your viewing.
I completely agree with you.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:04 PM   #122
newfan
Mad Scientist

I'm hoping for the alternative timeline or change of time line, I know that may sound a bit weak for the finale but it's better than it ending like that, I don't want to see the turtles like that.. that's just... well, best kept separate from the rest of the show.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:07 PM   #123
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
But Renet exists, right? So in the future humans exist
That's a bit iffy. The Renet of Mirage, IDW and 4Kids presumably isn't a human being at all but rather some kind of interdimensional pseudo-deity. No idea if that actually applies here but let's no ignore the possibility that she's just a humanoid alien à la Kryptonians.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Well maybe humans left earth (well some of them anyway) and went to live on a new Earth and that's where Renet came from.
D'Hoonnibinian, she could just as easily be a D'Hoonnibinian.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:00 PM   #124
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Spoiler:
So apparently, Casey not only dies in the future, but someone uses his skull to create a bomb?!

The show has gone off its own rails, and is now crashing into a giant, garbage-filled pothole. It's ... unbelievably inane, yet totally expected at the same time. It's like ... I can't even.

It's moments like these that make me glad that I had given up on this show.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 09-16-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #125
Vicky82
Emperor

So what have we got.

Who's alive and who's dead and who's missing

Spoiler:
Raph - Alive - but now he's bigger and has a beard
Donnie - Alive - But he's now a robot
Leo - Missing in Action, presumed dead
Mikey - Alive - but looks very ill, He's lost a lot weight due to dehydration and if he's not eating then he probably has a vitamin and calcium deficiency and turns into Metablic Bone Disease. (if you need to know more on a pet turtles health, please look it up)
April - Missing in action, presumed dead
Casey - Dead - His skull is now a bomb.
Karai - Alive?? - If that's Karai in that pic, then she seems to be melting.
Shinigami - Missing in Action, presumed dead
Chompy - Alive - He got bigger
Ice Cream Kitty - Missing, presumed dead

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #126
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Well the creators said this is a possible future, not absolute future. I can see them ending things with Raph waking up in the lair, turns out the whole thing was just one big nightmare and his family (with the exception of Splinter) is whole, healthy, and happy.

I would say they should bookend the story with the Turtles celebrating their 20th Mutation Day since the series starts on their 15th, and they sort of had reason to ignore or overlook the other Mutation Days.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #127
newfan
Mad Scientist

Whilst the show is looking to have an ending that is ...well.. as you've all seen. That makes the end disappointment (if it really does turn out to be a miserable ending) but that doesn't make the rest of the show suddenly poor to me. Just a shame to end it that way.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #128
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Well the creators said this is a possible future, not absolute future. I can see them ending things with Raph waking up in the lair, turns out the whole thing was just one big nightmare and his family (with the exception of Splinter) is whole, healthy, and happy.

I would say they should bookend the story with the Turtles celebrating their 20th Mutation Day since the series starts on their 15th, and they sort of had reason to ignore or overlook the other Mutation Days.
Everything just being a dream for Raph would be the most cliché ending there is, that would just ruin all the effort that went into the final arc.

I'm not against a happy ending though, not even that much against some form of a "reset" after seeing how dark and depressing this future is. I'm already impressed how far they went with this future in the first place.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:16 PM   #129
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:

"It was all a dream" is the laziest ending ever.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #130
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

I doubt it will be - looking at the trailer, one of the clearest shots is of the Meerkat mutant thanking Raphael in a manner more akin to a farewell than a straight thanks.

That suggests a parting of ways both know will be their last. That'd be a very unusual thing to have at the end of a dream sequence.

And still no sign of Leo..... Still at least Verminator is clearly not Leo in disguise

Edit:
Something I've just noticed - so forgive me if this has been mentioned already. Has anyone noticed the broken moon behind RoboDon in this screenshot?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse

Last edited by Tarris Vaal; 09-16-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:27 PM   #131
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier

Looks like the new mutant may be a part of the family.

StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:38 PM   #132
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I was thinking she was Alopex.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:57 AM   #133
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Very disappointing way to end the series.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:47 AM   #134
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I seriously hope for a reset at some point because it would be depressing for them to end it this way especially if not all four Turtles are there. Not sure how I feel about a dream sequence, but based on what others said about the monster arc, Renet did hint that she would see Mikey in the future so I hope she makes things right again.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:49 AM   #135
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I seriously hope for a reset at some point because it would be depressing for them to end it this way especially if not all four Turtles are there. Not sure how I feel about a dream sequence, but based on what others said about the monster arc, Renet did hint that she would see Mikey in the future so I hope she makes things right again.
She's not in the final episode

Old 09-17-2017, 07:02 AM   #136
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Or there could be time travel involved in part 3.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #137
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Or there could be time travel involved in part 3.
Its possible that Renet travels to the future and noticed things have changed, by the end of the episodes, she probablly goes back in time to warn the Turtles of things to come.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:03 AM   #138
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Its possible that Renet travels to the future and noticed things have changed, by the end of the episodes, she probablly goes back in time to warn the Turtles of things to come.
She's not in the final.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #139
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Very disappointing way to end the series.
As of right now, I agree with you. I'll be open minded to it, but I'm really worried this will suck eggs.

Even if it does, I won't sweat it. To me, Owari was the series finale and the Kavaxas arc/Lone Rat was a nice epilogue.

I don't mean to say that the rest isn't canon, but everything else in season 5 has just been fun extra stories with no cohesive narrative. It's not like the whole show has been leading up to "Carmageddon" or whateve.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:47 AM   #140
newfan
Mad Scientist

The fact that they describe possible futures tells me that this isn't concrete, however, they did also say that people would be talking about this for time to come which argues the miserable end.
We'll have to see.

Tags
finale not final, pappenbrooksonicfetish