The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #61
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Indeed..I would love to see Usagi in the New show, he would fit really well ,and could be such a fun friend for the guys specially Leo.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #62
alliance
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciro View Post
don't jump to conclusions. I can't deny or confirm anything, but things are always changing.
Thank you for the hope at the least..

that means the world to core Usagi fans such as myself..

The gleam is hoping

Usagi's presence is what i want to feel again, beautiful rabbit..

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #63
kzekedaurus
Thug

You mean Miyamoto Usagi right? *nitpicking*

Honestly, I'm still holding out for a true Usagi animated series, even if it's Space Usagi. And maybe appearing in TMNT again will help that come true. But, like it's been said, it's up to Sakai. And I trust he knows what's best for his own franchise.
kzekedaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #64
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
Oh--I'd never thought of that. I'm assuming that the creators are on the record as to this being the reason for the change? If so, it makes a bit more sense, even if I'm not sure I agree with the reasoning.
yeah, I actually share those sentiments..but to me theres no harm done at all with the current april...I like her and want to find out more about her with time...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #65
Heckster
Random Punk

That is a bummer!
Heckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #66
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Mutant monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
As much as I loved Usagi in both the classic toon and the 4Kids series, I'm kinda glad he won't be showing up this time around. I'd kinda like to see Nickelodeon make up some more original TMNT characters instead of the pre-established ones we grew up with.
They've already given us two new silly mutant monsters (Snakeweed/Spider Bytez) who can never outmatch cool mutants like Leatherhead, Mondo Gecko or whatever. Except for them, the 2003 show is good. For first time since 1997-1998 (Next Mutation) we see a human Shredder again on the screen.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #67
RichardT1977
Mouser

If Nick wants a crossover with a dimension of anthropomorphic animals practicing martial arts in an Asian culture, they'll probably go with another series they already broadcast (even if they don't own it directly)...

(braces himself for the fandom rage...)
RichardT1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #68
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior

Can't say I'm terribly heartbroken over this. I think Usagi's a little too much like Leo for me to truly warm up to. I can only handle enough of Leo's Leo-ness in one character, it was tough when both shared the screen. Not to say I hated him or anything, but I didn't feel he really contributed a whole lot that someone else couldn't. Tbh, it was the The Real World episodes that really ruined him for me, couldn't take the entire thing seriously which sort of ruined the end for that arc for me.

Sure, I wouldn't mind if he did eventually somehow show up for an episode or two, but I agree in that I'd prefer to see all new characters introduced over him.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #69
NiNi
Hench Mutant

Aw, that's a shame. I was kind of hoping for that it would happen. Oh well, at least there's a straight answer instead of having people constantly waiting and hoping for it. ^^
Old 10-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #70
Master of the Foot Clan
Foot Soldier

I've heard about this but this is the first official word about this I've heard of. Yeah that sucks maybe as the series gets better Stan Sakai might change his mind.
Master of the Foot Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if Nick offered Stan a huge sum of cash would change his mind.

I am sure Nick would treat the character with the utmost respect too, he should be handled very well in the show based on the other characters we've seen so far.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #72
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Keep dreaming, man! He's not as willing to sell out his creation as Eastman and Laird were.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #73
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I am sure Nick would treat the character with the utmost respect too, he should be handled very well in the show based on the other characters we've seen so far.

Just as soon as Alan Moore signs up with someone
Old 11-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #74
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I do think Usagi would fit in Year 3 of IDW quite nicely. Anyone want to start an ipetetiton to get him in? Just an idea!
Bobby Curnow has already approached Stan Sakai about this. Bobby is a huge Usagi fan, nobody wants to see this crossover more than he does. So anyone's enthusiasm can make it happen, its his, and he'll do anything in his power to see it through.

Heck I just want more Usagi in some form, unfortunately the comic has been on hiatus for most of 2012 due to Sakai working on stories for the Rocketeer Anthology that was coming out from IDW this summer and the 47 Ronin mini-series set to debut next week from Dark Horse. I'm eagerly looking forward to his collaboration with Publisher Mike Richardson on that, but I really miss Usagi, and I hope we see it return to it's approximately every 6 week publishing schedule soon.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:00 AM   #75
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Interesting reading through this thread now.

If something gets disconfirmed for Rise of the tmnt today, we never know if that will necessarily hold true for the distant future.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:23 AM   #76
Powder
So tired of this place

Shout out to everybody who sees this thread title, thinks its a new thread pertaining to Rise, & gets disappointed by it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:10 AM   #77
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Shout out to everybody who sees this thread title, thinks its a new thread pertaining to Rise, & gets disappointed by it.
Yup, for a moment.

I've seen some that blew up to multiple pages before I got there, but the well over 13k views gave away that it's old.

That said, I'd be surprised if Usagi did turn up in this NEWEST one. But, hey, minds were change on 2012, so who knows.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:43 AM   #78
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yup, for a moment.

I've seen some that blew up to multiple pages before I got there, but the well over 13k views gave away that it's old.

That said, I'd be surprised if Usagi did turn up in this NEWEST one. But, hey, minds were change on 2012, so who knows.
I suppose what you plan at the start is always open to change as a series progresses, especially with season 5 being tales, was a good opportunity for it. ...also enough fan demand?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #79
sdp
-

The first replies totally make it seem like it's a Rise thread.

I don't expect Usagi to be in Rise either way because of the new Usagi cartoon and Nick not wanting to promote the competition.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick