Old 01-28-2015, 07:52 AM   #222
boywonder26
Hench Mutant

Wow!that cover looks awesome!
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:59 PM   #223
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my full summary and review of TMNT New Animated Adventures #19 at TMNT Entity.

They had me at "Pizza Face".
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:18 AM   #224
neatoman
Emperor

So since this series may not last much longer, should they just go crazy with the last issues? Completely going bananas, not giving a single **** about the continuity of the show, just make it the wildest ride possible.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:17 AM   #225
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So since this series may not last much longer, should they just go crazy with the last issues? Completely going bananas, not giving a single **** about the continuity of the show, just make it the wildest ride possible.
That'd be nice, but they're still on Nickelodeon's leash and no issue will go to press without corporate approval.

Still.

I'd like to see the Turtles fight the Shredder at least ONCE before this comic goes to the grave. Just once...

Last edited by DrSpengler; 02-18-2015 at 05:52 PM.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:01 PM   #226
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

I have the first 15 issues or so but all my shops stopped carrying it. Is this just not selling well, how much longer do you think it will go for?
Old 02-18-2015, 10:45 PM   #227
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well issue #23 was revealed for the May releases, so I assume the series will continue for the rest of 2015.

It is quite possible the Nick comic will end, it only averages about 6,000+ copies a month.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:34 AM   #228
Diorm
Hench Mutant

That's because they only show filler episodes. I think it's pointless. They should do like they did with Archie Adventure and go it's separate way with a real storyline.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:11 PM   #229
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
That's because they only show filler episodes. I think it's pointless. They should do like they did with Archie Adventure and go it's separate way with a real storyline.
This is what I thought the comic would do but never did. A real shame.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:00 AM   #230
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I hate how fans today give "filler" stories such a bad rap. The 1990s comics based off the DC Animated Universe were often little more than "filler" set between or after episodes from the TV series. But they were mighty good filler. Not all the NAA turtles comics have been particularly interesting, with some stories taking up far more pages than their plots warrant, but we've also had some nice tales that reintroduce villains that the show has seemingly forgotten like Spider-Bytz or Snakeweed.

Plus, the ending to issue #16 was just precious!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=212

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:39 PM   #231
ToTheNines
[sic]

You bring up a great point winters. I, too, love the old DCAU Adventures books, but for some reason I've pretty much quit caring about this title.

I think the main difference is I never collected that DC stuff until the shows were over, and saw the comics as great bonus material. Whereas here the Nicktoon is ongoing and the book is kind of just along for the ride, so to speak. Also we TMNT fans were holding the latest "Adventures" companion to a different expectation.

I will say that I loved the book and couldn't wait for the next issue when Kenny Byerly was writing it though.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #232
CyberCubed
Overlord

Its obvious the Nick comic is just intended to attract kids of the cartoon to the comics, its not really for older fans.

Its a decent comic for what it is but if it ends it would be for the best, save IDW losing money on a comic that only does 6,000 copies a month for something better.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:43 PM   #233
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
You bring up a great point winters. I, too, love the old DCAU Adventures books, but for some reason I've pretty much quit caring about this title.

I think the main difference is I never collected that DC stuff until the shows were over, and saw the comics as great bonus material. Whereas here the Nicktoon is ongoing and the book is kind of just along for the ride, so to speak. Also we TMNT fans were holding the latest "Adventures" companion to a different expectation.

I will say that I loved the book and couldn't wait for the next issue when Kenny Byerly was writing it though.
You make a good point in return, Nines. I only collected the first two volumes of the Batman Animated comic and wasn't really interested in the other shows. Looking back, I've been very happy hunting them down and reading them years later. Not every issue is strong (a good chunk of the Gotham Adventures is entirely forgettable), but they do take me back to a world that I enjoyed.

For that reason, I think the TMNT NAA book may become more appreciated when the Nick show finally finishes its run. I collect the UK Hero Turtles Adventures comics that were the European counterpart to the Archie run. Most of those stories are pretty silly but the art is nice. If I were trying to follow those comics weekly/monthly, I'm sure I would quickly have lost interest. But now, I appreciate them for what they were.

Not ever issue of the NAA has been memorable, but I think it fills a similar purpose. My favorite issues are the ones that showcase different villains and their dastardly schemes, not sure much the ones where the Turtles surf down a drain pipe... just because. I really appreciate the issues that feature two short stories rather than one full length tale that quickly overstays in page count welcome.

View my sketch work!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:20 AM   #234
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I think
Spoiler:
Pizza Face
's return seen in issues 19 & 20 may have been some of the most brilliant storytelling of the entire series' run. Y'all at least ought to check out those two issues if you haven't already and are a fan of the TV show.

One of the backup stories may have even subtly referenced an old action figure accessory!

View my sketch work!
Old 06-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #235
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'm really glad to see the Squirrelanoids featuring in the final two issues. That cliffhanger to issue #23 was genuinely foreboding!

Also, the backup story featuring a make-believe (or was it?) tale featuring the point of view of Mikey's action figure Spaceman Soldiersaur in the realm of "Sewerternia" was a very off-beat type of story and I loved it because of that fact. This series has never been afraid from exploring the bizarre depths of Mikey's imagination... which seems to rub off on everything he touches!

View my sketch work!
Old 06-17-2015, 12:54 AM   #236
Apteis
Random Punk

This week end, there was a little comics convention in Lyon, France, that I was organizing. In all the artists invited, there was Elsa Charretier, that made the cover of the TMNT New Animated Adventures 23 I posted before. I didn't get time to go to my shop to get this issue yet, so she handled it to me, with a huge surprise..
Before being an amazing artist, she is a good friend, and when IDW commissioned het for the cover, she asked me advice, what people would love in the cover, historical of what have been made (not to do the same also). I helped her a little, even if she figured out her own way ot make it (and I'm glad for that). But she made me a little present. on the cover.
Here is the final version :
Spoiler:

I'm a pizza shop in New Animated Adventures Universe !
Old 06-23-2015, 08:26 AM   #237
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Cool!
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, idw, new animated adventures