The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #341
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I thought it was because of sales, but maybe you're right. My S2 Pt. 2 DVD says '2008' on the cover, and the buyout was in 2009.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:19 PM   #342
ToTheNines
[sic]

Man, I loved the box art those half season sets had. They only had 4 more to go! (And BttS...)

Common sense says that they'll completely start over, but I'd love it if they just continued in the same style for seasons 3 and 4.

It's also bull **** that Nick has only released the TV edit of Turtles Forever. Never could understand the logic behind that. Whatever, I have my UK version.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:05 PM   #343
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It's also bull **** that Nick has only released the TV edit of Turtles Forever. Never could understand the logic behind that. Whatever, I have my UK version.
They probably don't even know they have an uncut version. They just know they have a version fit for airing on SD, 4:3 televisions and thought that was the definitive copy of the film.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:37 PM   #344
THGhost
Puppet Master

Any decent releases recently? Or is Nick still crawling around inside their own ass?

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:28 AM   #345
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Any decent releases recently? Or is Nick still crawling around inside their own ass?
There won't be any more dvd releases, at least not for the episodes. I could possibly see in 2019 a ten year anniversary dvd release for Turtles Forever, where they correctly put the WHOLE movie out on dvd. But in my opinion the only thing that can be hoped for with the series is that it gets completely released digitally through Itunes, amazon, etc.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:34 AM   #346
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Sad but true. Had to make my own DVD-R set (except I changed the intro music...that's the one thing I hated about the show...other than that, love the 2k3 series. It's become my favorite cartoon) just to have the episodes in correct order.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:49 AM   #347
CyberCubed
Overlord

You should also blame 4kids' original botched DVD releases for that matter. Had 4kids released the show correctly back in 2003-2007 or so, we wouldn't have this problem.

I know 3 episode DVDs weren't that unheard of in the early 2000's, but that's still cheap. Then everything went out of order by late Season 2...and then the new season sets were canceled.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #348
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You should also blame 4kids' original botched DVD releases for that matter. Had 4kids released the show correctly back in 2003-2007 or so, we wouldn't have this problem.

I know 3 episode DVDs weren't that unheard of in the early 2000's, but that's still cheap. Then everything went out of order by late Season 2...and then the new season sets were canceled.
Have you actually given up hope along with the rest of us? Good for you.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #349
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Sad but true. Had to make my own DVD-R set (except I changed the intro music...that's the one thing I hated about the show...other than that, love the 2k3 series. It's become my favorite cartoon) just to have the episodes in correct order.
Really? You hated the intro music? To each his own I guess.

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Old 09-01-2016, 02:06 PM   #350
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Really? You hated the intro music? To each his own I guess.
I hated the 2K3 intro music as well. Ugh.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #351
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Really wanting a season 7 DVD release(and yeah a proper Turtles Forever release). I hate the out-of-order episodes with season 3 and half of season 4 on DVD, but I CAN live with it...kinda. Just want to see a complete 2k3 series sitting on my shelf rather than having to rely on an online source...
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #352
CyberCubed
Overlord

Remember, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #353
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I hated the 2K3 intro music as well. Ugh.
I guess nostalgia really is a strong force to be reckoned with. Because I adore the 2K3 intro music.

Quote:
And just who is this fat lady?

Old 11-27-2016, 05:41 PM   #354
ABrown
Banned

I actually went ahead picked up the three Nickelodeon volumes (NYC Showdown, Search For Splinter, and Cowabunga Christmas) for about $3-$4 each at Walmart and Meijer. When the original volumes were being released in like 2003/2004, I was still buying VHS tapes. I didn't end up buying dvds until like volume 3.4 of the original dvd releases. And stupid me didn't want to double dip for the 1/2 season sets in 2007/2008. Obviously the intelligent thing to do would be purchase the first three seasons digitally through Amazon. I probably should. But this is likely the final chance that there will ever be to have any of the first couple of seasons on dvd for a decent price.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #355
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

26 April 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I actually went ahead picked up the three Nickelodeon volumes (NYC Showdown, Search For Splinter, and Cowabunga Christmas) for about $3-$4 each at Walmart and Meijer. When the original volumes were being released in like 2003/2004, I was still buying VHS tapes. I didn't end up buying dvds until like volume 3.4 of the original dvd releases. And stupid me didn't want to double dip for the 1/2 season sets in 2007/2008. Obviously the intelligent thing to do would be purchase the first three seasons digitally through Amazon. I probably should. But this is likely the final chance that there will ever be to have any of the first couple of seasons on dvd for a decent price.
The last VHS releae ocurred on 26 April 2005 (volume 3.2)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...video_releases
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #356
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The last VHS releae ocurred on 26 April 2005 (volume 3.2)
Actually, the last vhs release was 3.3. Here's a listing for it on amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Tmnt-Warrior-.../dp/B000929VDG

In addition, I've still got mine:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg returnoftheultimateninja.jpg (40.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 02-11-2017, 05:51 AM   #357
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Actually, the last vhs release was 3.3. Here's a listing for it on amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Tmnt-Warrior-.../dp/B000929VDG

In addition, I've still got mine:
June 2005 then.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:44 AM   #358
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well, we are nearly mid-way through 2019 now and still nothing (sorry to bump an old thread). Just curious if you still think we'll see season sets?

They only released the first 3 seasons on iTunes and Nick only released 2-3 random dvd's containing 3 episodes each (almost 4 years ago). I'd say they are pretty much done!

I found the entire series in 720p (all 7 seasons in HD!). They look phenomenal and as far as I'm concerned NICK can hold off on releasing DVD's forever! Unless a real blu-ray set was to be released (which I doubt would ever happen) then I am totally happy with the HD versions (the quality is absolutely GORGEOUS and puts any 480i DVD release to shame!). I'm working on my own blu-ray sets now (still looking for some HD artwork for the cases).

Last edited by rickwj324; 04-29-2019 at 10:24 AM.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:18 PM   #359
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Well, we are nearly mid-way through 2019 now and still nothing (sorry to bump an old thread). Just curious if you still think we'll see season sets?
Nah, no chance. Only thing that can be hoped for is that the rest of the series gets released digitally. I could see them re-releasing Turtles Forever (in its entirety) on dvd. But that's only because it features the original cartoon turtles.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:29 PM   #360
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Nah, no chance. Only thing that can be hoped for is that the rest of the series gets released digitally. I could see them re-releasing Turtles Forever (in its entirety) on dvd. But that's only because it features the original cartoon turtles.
Haha..yeah, there was a hint of sarcasm in my post! When reading through the thread CyberCubed was pretty adamant on multiple occasions that full releases were coming.

As for the HD copies, they look great. I'm currently working on the blu-ray project, including custom animated menus, bonus features, chapters, etc. I am still looking for some hi-res artwork that I need.
Here are some screen grabs that I took. I just chose 1 random episode from each season. The screen grabs don't do the videos justice though. You really have to see them to appreciate how good they look, especially compared to the 480i dvd's released...not to mention that we didn't even get some of them on dvd at all (at least in the USA).

Some samples:

S01E22:

S02E24:

S03E24:

S04E05:

S05E11:

S06E20:

S07E04:

One thing I'm considering is removing the little "blurbs" that come up every time there would've been a commercial break (like this):

Do you guys think I should remove them or leave them in tact? They get kind of annoying after a while.

I'll gladly post pics as I make progress on the project (if you'd be interested). This isn't a posting to promote piracy, just sharing a pet project of mine.

--Rick

Forgot to post a pic of Turtles Forever in HD (anamorphic widescreen, uncut):

Last edited by rickwj324; 04-29-2019 at 07:18 PM.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2003 show, dvd releases, nick