The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-23-2018, 06:34 AM   #21
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Looks great, more please!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:23 AM   #22
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Hi I'm Utrommaniac and I love this little 2-dimensional demon

"I want to get rid of all diseases known to mankind and replace them with worse ones"

Also for Elfo

And of course Bean

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 08-03-2018 at 12:28 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:47 AM   #23
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Looks so good, can't wait, maybe this will help fill the massive hole futurama has left.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 08-07-2018, 07:18 AM   #24
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Reviews are in, and many of them suggest there's some teething problems (nothing new with prior Groening shows that found their feet later)

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/ne...first-reviews/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:56 AM   #25
drgon78
Mad Scientist

"Teething problems"?
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:28 AM   #26
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
"Teething problems"?
Just my fancy word for "it's painful in places"
Old 08-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #27
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Any examples of these "painful moments"?
Old 08-08-2018, 01:44 AM   #28
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Any examples of these "painful moments"?
I haven't seen it, I'm just saying the reviewers weren't impressed.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:51 PM   #29
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Here is a review of Parts 1-4 of Matt Groening's Disenchantment.

Last edited by sdp; 04-11-2021 at 07:22 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

My daughter put me on to watching it. I'm (almost) never laughing hard over anything in the show... but something about it has me really engaged. It's well made and if not laugh out loud hilarious, pretty humorous and surprisingly dark at times. Like a medieval, somewhat less clever but still amusing Rick & Morty that looks like the Simpsons.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:26 PM   #31
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Just watched Part 3, show deserves more love. It's a great little world that sadly never hits any big highs but it's so charming. I'll take it over current Simpsons, Family Guy, revived Futurama etc. Of course it could be better but I feel it's an underrated show.
Old 01-31-2022, 04:51 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I had no idea this even got renewed for a season 4, so the fact that it comes out in like a week is some pretty sweet news to me.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:36 PM   #33
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

I had no idea this even got renewed for a season 4, so the fact that it comes out in like a week is some pretty sweet news to me.
It didn't, it got renewed for a second season which was divided into two parts just like the first season was divided into two parts. No new orders have been made so it looks like this will be it for the show. Hope it has an ending.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:25 AM   #34
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I love this show, I have not heard it has been cancelled, I heard they want to do 6 parts and have an ending in mind.

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 02-01-2022 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:56 AM   #35
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I wish they would release it on blu-ray...along with certain seasons of the Simpsons and the whole Futurama series.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:01 AM   #36
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
I wish they would release it on blu-ray...along with certain seasons of the Simpsons and the whole Futurama series.
There is some Simpsons and Futurama blu rays, sadly, the Simpsons ones are of the late teens seasons.

There is a Disenchantment DVD of season 1, but it was a promo release and very hard to find.

Fingers crossed they don't get cancelled and get to finish the story. Like I said, it's one of the couple of shows I can stand to watch at the moment. Woke is making TV unbearable.

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 02-01-2022 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-17-2022, 11:29 AM   #37
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well it ended one cliffhanger and this was the final episode of the original order which was done before the series premiered so it looks like we'll never get more of this show.

Part 4 was mostly boring in the beginning it didn't get better until the second half. Inconsistent show overall but I'll miss it. Elfonand Lucy were great

I think the show needed other stuff to stand out, actual nudity, darker humor, i dunno it never used it's MA rating correctly, it just feels like a less interesting Futurama/Simpsons, we were told wed get a different type of humor since it was for a more adult audience. I men's why didn't we see this gigantic Ogre penis as a joke for example, they thought it was a slide only to realize it was a penis, it didn't need to be an explicit drawing just imply that's what that's green fleshy tube was, i dunno some idea i just thought of. It also needed more episodic episodes to build characters better.

Last edited by sdp; 02-17-2022 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-17-2022, 11:44 AM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well it ended one cliffhanger and this was the final episode of the original order which was done before the series premiered so it looks like we'll never get more of this show.
Probably. Though I don't see anything that says Netflix can't renew it anytime now. There's certainly nothing out there I see that says it's definitively not getting renewed.

Quote:
I think the show needed other stuff to stand out, actual nudity, darker humor, i dunno it never used it's MA rating correctly, it just feels like a less interesting Futurama/Simpsons, we were told wed get a different type of humor since it was for a more adult audience. I men's why didn't we see this gigantic Ogre penis as a joke for example, they thought it was a slide only to realize it was a penis, it didn't need to be an explicit drawing just imply that's what that's green fleshy tube was, i dunno some idea i just thought of. It also needed more episodic episodes to build characters better.
That was kind of my sense from the first few episodes I watched. That this could benefit from going "full adult," given the kind of tone they were going for.
Old 05-14-2023, 12:22 PM   #39
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Disenchantment had 17 issues or so of a tie-in comic prepared for Bapper Books that were never released (except for two in 2019), now Titan Comics will publish them

https://www.gamesradar.com/matt-groe...ished-stories/
Old 05-14-2023, 03:00 PM   #40
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Not only that but apparently the show was renewed quietly and season 5 should come out this year. And since the seasons are 10 episodes long and it was most likely renewed for a 20 episode order, it basically means season 6 likely exists but that's specuation. Either way at least more loose ends will end up being tied, and it'll be nice to see the cast again. Hope the show is also more consistent.