The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 02-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #281
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Wait, so this Turtle add-on is already available? What are the Fatalities?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:51 PM   #282
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Wait, so this Turtle add-on is already available? What are the Fatalities?
They're released on February 13th, I believe.

Super move is the "shell shock" team attack from the trailer. Each Turtle has the same one.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:25 PM   #283
Zog
Hench Mutant

I was already planning on getting this game but after the TMNT DLC announcement this became a must play for me. Turtles look fantastic in game, very excited.
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:29 PM   #284
shihe
Hench Mutant

To be honest, I always thought the turtles would pop in Soul Calibur games before anything else. (I mean, Darth Vader sort of opened the door to movie characters).

But this is still awesome. I've never been that much of a fan of MK style gameplay, but I'm willing to give it another go.

I don't think we're going to have another TMNT fighting game in a while so... This will do!
Old 02-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #285
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Spoiler:
Old 02-08-2018, 09:41 PM   #286
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
To be honest, I always thought the turtles would pop in Soul Calibur games before anything else. (I mean, Darth Vader sort of opened the door to movie characters).

But this is still awesome. I've never been that much of a fan of MK style gameplay, but I'm willing to give it another go.

I don't think we're going to have another TMNT fighting game in a while so... This will do!
Same here.

I wonder what NRS could with design of the Shredder. Turtles are based on their movie incarnations with dash of cartoon stuff in their personalities.
Will be their Shredder is ninja guy in red suit with glitter?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:36 AM   #287
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I mean we can see here the crowd appeal is huge when the turtles are done right. They look amazingly good! And the gameplay looks insanely fun.

So why don't we have a good TMNT game in a long time? They picked sucky developers?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:25 AM   #288
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I mean we can see here the crowd appeal is huge when the turtles are done right. They look amazingly good! And the gameplay looks insanely fun.

So why don't we have a good TMNT game in a long time? They picked sucky developers?
Sucky developers and low budgets.

Viacom is not interested in making or at least attempting to make a truly big and good game about Turtles, since lil' kids will buy cheap stuff anyway due to franchise popularity.

I think the last time when someone's attempt to make a decent game about TMNT was Ubisoft with their tie-in game to the 2007 movie. After that it was one half-assed project after the other.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:09 PM   #289
AquaParade
Banned

The bummer is that, on paper, a Platinum Games TMNT game using art inspired by the current comic is a fantastic idea.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:33 PM   #290
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
The bummer is that, on paper, a Platinum Games TMNT game using art inspired by the current comic is a fantastic idea.
Same with a WayForward "Metroidvania"
Old 02-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #291
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
And to add salt into the wound their Transfomer game was really good, like what went wrong
Old 02-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #292
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Yeah, when it came right down to it ... it seems like the release date for "Mutants in Manhattan" was more important than the actual quality and structure of the game. I didn't mind the game and I think I liked it far more than many critics (that's probably just the fan in me overlooking flaws because 'YAY TMNT!'), but there was a lot more potential there especially considering the production company.

Platinum Games' Transformer game was insanely re-playable and really, really fun and I think a lot of people went in with HIGH expectations. I guess we'll see what'll happen now with TMNT games if Activision dropped the license.

Also .... new Mikey victory screen where he channels Scorpion's signature line to a pizza

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/962070903721873410
Old 02-09-2018, 03:06 PM   #293
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

Far from it, the last 2 games where done from 2 of the best developers in the industry, it's all about the publisher, if the publisher gives you insane development time and a ridiculous budget it doesn't matter how good you are, the end product will be crap 99% of the time.

Lets just hope that WB sees the IP as something worth investing and we get a good game with proper budget and a decent development time for once.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #294
CyberCubed
Overlord

TMNT's most recent publishers were Ubisoft and Activision, who see TMNT as nothing more than a licensed kid franchise. That's why Activision only gave Platinum Games less than a year to develop Mutants in Manhattan and it showed.

If WB Games or Netherealm studios get the license, we could finally get a good modern TMNT game.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #295
Ninjinister
無問題

I know I would love for NRS to do a TMNT fighter off of this but with how hard they've been pimping horror characters in MK I feel like that's entirely more likely.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:11 PM   #296
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
TMNT's most recent publishers were Ubisoft and Activision, who see TMNT as nothing more than a licensed kid franchise. That's why Activision only gave Platinum Games less than a year to develop Mutants in Manhattan and it showed.

If WB Games or Netherealm studios get the license, we could finally get a good modern TMNT game.
It depends. It's easier to make them aa cool guest stars in an already established fighting game than an entire gsme about them. Best we can hope for is a new TMNT fighting game with the MK engine, similar to how DC branched from MK vs DCU to Injustice.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #297
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It depends. It's easier to make them aa cool guest stars in an already established fighting game than an entire gsme about them. Best we can hope for is a new TMNT fighting game with the MK engine, similar to how DC branched from MK vs DCU to Injustice.
I personally don't see a well funded TMNT fighting game, they don't have enough iconic characters to fill a roster.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:21 PM   #298
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I personally don't see a well funded TMNT fighting game, they don't have enough iconic characters to fill a roster.
Tons if they don't stick with a specific version. Offhand you already got the turtles, splinter, casey, april, shredder, and karai. Then throw in all the extras like bebop, rocksteady, rat king, and whoever else you want to use from several incantations.

Do it like this game and Out of the Shadows (game). Don't base it on one specific version or show.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:39 PM   #299
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Tons if they don't stick with a specific version. Offhand you already got the turtles, splinter, casey, april, shredder, and karai. Then throw in all the extras like bebop, rocksteady, rat king, and whoever else you want to use from several incantations.

Do it like this game and Out of the Shadows (game). Don't base it on one specific version or show.
I don't really count Karai as iconic, I might give you Bebop and Rocksteady but that like 10 characters
Old 02-10-2018, 12:01 AM   #300
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I don't really count Karai as iconic, I might give you Bebop and Rocksteady but that like 10 characters
Every TMNT fighter had some out-there choices for characters, though. Like okay, Hothead had a figure, but the SNES and Genesis Tournament Fighters had Karai, who pretty much nobody outside of Mirageheads knew at the time and was still super new to the comic anyway; Aska, who apparently started out as Mitsu from TMNTIII; War wasn't all that well-known either at the time. And of course, Sisyphus who as far as anyone can tell was made up for the game.

Then there was Mutant Melee with Sleeg and the monster from a movie that Michelangelo watched. Yeah...

And of course Smash-Up with an Utrominator. I'd also kind of argue Fugitoid since even though he's not obscure nobody would expect him to be on a damn fighting game roster. And y'know, Rabbids.

Tags
injustice 2, peanut