The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-31-2018, 12:00 AM   #661
miru
Mad Scientist

I wonder if the whole “Mutagen is incompatible with the physics of other realms" explains the inconsistencies with the 87 Mutagen in Turtles forever? How the subject gains an enlarged torso and arms, cannot speak (unless they touched another mutant to mutate), and the Mutation eventually wears off (as seen with Mohawk). And especially how any non-human animal affected just becomes another mindless monster.

Then again the 87-verse Mutants introduced in that special were basically 2k3-styled with silly subject matter and Taz-like voices replacing realistic roars...

Last edited by miru; 09-17-2018 at 10:52 AM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:12 AM   #662
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Neither of them are really worthy of delivering the "it was in you all along" lesson in the end.

I think Professor Honeycutt would be the ideal option. Not necessarily in the "charlatan" aspect, but in his struggle to dodge around severe problems and not address them until it's almost too late.

They share a particular spectrum of cowardice - that being hiding from persons who look toward him for knowledge and going into hiding to avoid particular enemies. But still owning up to that what he did was a terrible mistake, and is capable of imparting wisdom to those he thinks deserves it.

I think his speech patterns are more suited to a "Wizard" as well.

There's also the shared "professor" title from the 1939 movie - relating to Professor Marvel, who Dorothy met when she was running away from home.
Tempestra would be a better Wicked Witch of the West. Can Alopex be Bill(ina)? Or the China girl/princess? Would Muckman be a good Jack PunpkinHead? Metalhead would obviously be Tik-Tok, and maybe Needlenose would be The Gump. Now we just have to get the okay to dig Venus out for Ozma...

Snakeweed could say “How do you like ‘dem apples?”

Last edited by miru; 09-08-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:39 AM   #663
neatoman
Emperor

What do you think of Splinter's taste in anime?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:17 PM   #664
CyberCubed
Overlord

Makes sense. Speed Racer aired in the 60's. In the Mirage universe it would have been when Hamato Yoshi was growing up and Splinter as a normal rat was likely watching alongside him, (since the Turtles got mutated in 1984), and Splinter was with them for 15 years prior.

In fact it's pretty accurate. Adults in the 80's would have been nostalgic for 60's anime they grew up with as kids, given Yoshi and Splinter are from Japan.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:34 PM   #665
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I would think they prefer gegege no kitaro and ashita no joe also considering how Splinter loves his soaps he would enjoy Candy Candy
Old 09-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #666
miru
Mad Scientist

Would an SJW villain work well? Maybe they could ruin some movies with their politics before they are defeated.

And maybe there could be a parody where PETA euthanize the Turtles even after they go for vegan pizza.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:01 PM   #667
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm not really sure how it would work into the narrative? But I could see an analogue as it applies to mutants.

Spoiler:
My idea of an "SJW" is someone who thinks they're attempting some support of social justice, but doesn't really have the self-awareness to understand the ambitions and most of the time, becomes more of a "furious helicopter mom" in the community that's trying to help marginalized people. And a lot of the time, thinking they know better than the actual people in the community at hand.

So I could see a new "antagonist" group that thinks they're trying to help mutants, but are in fact making life worse for them. Maybe not necessarily antagonists, but more of an annoyance. People who, in believing they're helping the turtles, drag down their non-mutant allies.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 09-01-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:49 AM   #668
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I'm not really sure how it would work into the narrative? But I could see an analogue as it applies to mutants.

Spoiler:
My idea of an "SJW" is someone who thinks they're attempting some support of social justice, but doesn't really have the self-awareness to understand the ambitions and most of the time, becomes more of a "furious helicopter mom" in the community that's trying to help marginalized people. And a lot of the time, thinking they know better than the actual people in the community at hand.

So I could see a new "antagonist" group that thinks they're trying to help mutants, but are in fact making life worse for them. Maybe not necessarily antagonists, but more of an annoyance. People who, in believing they're helping the turtles, drag down their non-mutant allies.
Do you mean someone like Baron Draxum?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #669
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
the Turtles got mutated in 1984), and Splinter was with them for 15 years prior.
Didn't the Mirage turtles mutate in 1969?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:49 AM   #670
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Didn't the Mirage turtles mutate in 1969?
Correct. Speaking of which, I like to imagine the TCRI truck spill happened during the moonlanding. Nobody cared or remembered the spill due to it being overshadowed by a far bigger news story.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:42 PM   #671
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Correct. Speaking of which, I like to imagine the TCRI truck spill happened during the moonlanding. Nobody cared or remembered the spill due to it being overshadowed by a far bigger news story.
This timeline by someone has the 4 Kids turtles mutating in 1988, but I would like to have the mutagen spill in that version during the Eastern European Revolutions of 1989. Everything else would be overshadowed in the media news that autumn.

http://www.jephael.com/cartoon.shtml
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #672
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I would think they prefer gegege no kitaro and ashita no joe also considering how Splinter loves his soaps he would enjoy Candy Candy
It’s likely the Konami ones have watched Hokuto no Ken a lot. Heck, many incarnata probably have.

And in my opinion, Trans-Dimension Turtles is set before Turtles Forever. Hence why the Technodrome is in its old form. And maybe this leads to the 2003 dimension being learned of?

Last edited by miru; 09-06-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:30 PM   #673
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

This is the best that Rise!Leonardo has ever looked.

Spoiler:
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:03 PM   #674
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yep. Totally. Uh huh.

Spoiler:
No.

But now I want animated reaction videos of different generations of Turtles watching and reacting to an episode of 'Rise.' (Must be in character as per how each set would feel about it and their counterparts.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:42 PM   #675
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yep. Totally. Uh huh.

Spoiler:
No.

But now I want animated reaction videos of different generations of Turtles watching and reacting to an episode of 'Rise.' (Must be in character as per how each set would feel about it and their counterparts.)
Mirage Splinter would probably think this version of Splinter is a pushover. I think the Mirage Turtles, however, would enjoy it and see themselves in it. And then they pull out the Next Mutation tapes...

Last edited by miru; 09-27-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #676
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

When the EPF comes Leatherhead's way in IDW
Old 09-29-2018, 10:43 AM   #677
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Fighting can only hold boys' attetion so much.

Whether it be boys in the 80s wanting to heroically rescue OT April O'Neil, or CyberCubed and his Karai/Shinigami ship, you can always expect females in tmnt to be fantasy-able.
This might be another reason why Rise has faltered around these parts. At least TNM gave scalies a huge boost, and also had Vam Mi...

Even PD has MEGAN FOX in it. (Though their Karai mostly didn’t look that great.)

Megan Fox as Ninjara, imagine that.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:03 PM   #678
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Just going to drop this in here since PD doesn't have a "random thought" or other appropriate thread and don't feel it is worth making one just to question this...

But at the end of 2014 when Vern meets not-April under a secluded overpass for some random reason, he gets an odd look on his face before turning around when the Turtle van is driving up behind them. (As reminded when I came across it on tv this morning.)

I could never decide if he actually knew the Turtles would be there and was in on it and that's why he asked her to meet him in that particular spot. Makes sense that might be the case, because it's otherwise a pretty odd choice?

But if he was in on it, how did they manage to find each other again and trade contact info. (Or did they call him at work? lol) And why did the Turtles even need him as a go between to meet up with her again. She knew where they lived at that point and you'd think she'd have gone to check up on them all, esp to see how Splinter was doing.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-29-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:28 PM   #679
miru
Mad Scientist

What if the musical/direct to video special Turtles met the IDW ones? Easily a fight between absolute worst and absolute best.

Last edited by miru; 09-29-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #680
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not really a random thought, but just a little tidbit I thought I'd toss in here...

Turtles in Netflix's The Haunting of Hill House. Sorta.
Quote:
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-h...-couldnt-do-it

The final piece of set design I want to ask you about, and I apologise because this is the dumbest question you’re going to get asked in relation to your show, you had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pillow case in there! How did that end up in there?

That actually came out of, our young actor Julian Hilliard is a big Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan. And he’s also playing with Ninja Turtles toys in episode two when you first see him out playing in the yard*. That was just a treat for Julian that he could have that. I wanted to do something for the kids that kind of brought a very recognisable modern, or somewhat modern, influence into such a Gothic house and that one just made me laugh.

There’s something particularly strange about taking something so cartoony and something so embedded in pop culture and shunting it into the middle of this really dark and strange environment. I just really liked it.

And Julian, we found, was really grateful to be able to do his work and be surrounded by the Turtles. He just loves them. That was more about him than anything.

Although we all know the TMNT are really no strangers to "dark and strange environment[s]." lol