The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-27-2016, 04:11 AM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The Trophy Room gives a lot of nudges to the LA trilogy, so for me I'm fine with it being a alternative sequel to the LA movies while NM is another alternative future version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

1. The Honor Guard helmet from TMNT 3
2. TGRI canister from TMNT 1 and 2
3. TMNT 1 Shredder Helmet
4. What looks like a Triceraton blaster
5. Honor Guard mask from TMNT 3
6. Lord Norinaga's armor
7. The time septer
8. Looks like a Triceraton breather mask
9. Mouser feet??

I wonder if the kimono in the back right corner is Master Yoshi's.
If not canon, at least teh Imagi Turtles have done some very similar adventures like the live-action movies, as well as meeting Triceratons and Mousers before the event of TMNT 2007
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:01 PM   #22
oceanfr
Random Punk

It can go both ways as far as the CGI goes.
oceanfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:16 AM   #23
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I look at the 2007 film as an amalgam universe of the live-action films and the 4Kids series.
Same here since the 4Kids show was on at the time.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:12 PM   #24
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The Trophy Room gives a lot of nudges to the LA trilogy, so for me I'm fine with it being a alternative sequel to the LA movies while NM is another alternative future version.
The Shredder Helmet is interesting because his design in the prologue and some of the merch is more like the 4kids shredder, but that helmet is clearly from the 90s movie. I'm not sure where they would have gotten it from if that is the case, seeing as his first helmet was crushed, and the second one mutated (somehow).
Old 06-30-2016, 11:19 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolvDragon View Post
I sometimes wondered if the 2007 CGI TMNT movie was ever apart of the original 90s movie verse.

I think the director said it was but I'm having trouble find his words about it on google. I think someone else said it was in it's own universe.

The inclusion of Karai in this movie really throws it off continuity wise. I mean she was never established in the original trilogy. But yet shes here in charge of the Foot Clan.

Is TMNT (2007) really TMNT 4? Was it suppose to but it became it's own thing?
Absolutely. Munroe said it was intended to be a sequel to TMNT 1 and 2... then we see Walker's hat in it too and the goddamn Scepter, so obviously TMNT 3 is in it too. Yeah, it's TMNT Part Four, through and through.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #26
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Absolutely. Munroe said it was intended to be a sequel to TMNT 1 and 2... then we see Walker's hat in it too and the goddamn Scepter, so obviously TMNT 3 is in it too. Yeah, it's TMNT Part Four, through and through.
He also probably intended it to be good, but that didn't quite work out, either. His original character designs were REALLY cool.

I see the trophy room as a fun throwback shot-- nothing more. If they wanted to make it a legit sequel to the old live action movies, there are a ton of things they could have done differently. Better character designs, consistent April/Casey, original voice actors, logo, title, music, vibe, etc.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:12 AM   #27
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
He also probably intended it to be good, but that didn't quite work out, either. His original character designs were REALLY cool.

I see the trophy room as a fun throwback shot-- nothing more. If they wanted to make it a legit sequel to the old live action movies, there are a ton of things they could have done differently. Better character designs, consistent April/Casey, original voice actors, logo, title, music, vibe, etc.
This.

We've had this same discussion about 99 times now, and we come to the same conclusion every time: some think it's a sequel, some think it's a seperate universe. Whatever you want it to be.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:27 PM   #28
Powder
So tired of this place

That's part of the fun of TMNT. You can usually "choose your own adventure" so to speak, be it this matter, Image/Mirage canon, which things tie into the OT, etc.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #29
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post

Pretty much this. April has mire in common with her 4kids counterpart, as does Casey. Karai and the turtles obviously know each other, as evidenced when Leo recognizes her at the cinstruction site. And the lair has NO connection to any of the movie ones- in fact, it actually looks more like the Atlantean one from 4kids. (Yes I know it was destroyed, but given the proximity of the underground city, it is very possible they had other outposts.) The trophy room was just an easter egg or shout out scene.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:40 PM   #30
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That's part of the fun of TMNT. You can usually "choose your own adventure" so to speak, be it this matter, Image/Mirage canon, which things tie into the OT, etc.
A lot of Mirage is like that, with the guest era and certain Tales. Archie has some take or leave continuity, mainly Year of The Turtle. IDW has the Batman crossover. Even Next Mutation has the PRIS crossover lol.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:41 PM   #31
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
A lot of Mirage is like that, with the guest era and certain Tales. Archie has some take or leave continuity, mainly Year of The Turtle. IDW has the Batman crossover. Even Next Mutation has the PRIS crossover lol.
IDW also has the X Files crossover
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:25 AM   #32
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
IDW also has the X Files crossover
Well the 6 part series as a whole is undeniably not canon, especially after the finale. But yeah, you could include just the TMNT issue if you really wanted to.

I also liked to believe that the Justice Force episode in 4kids and the Pizzaface episode in Nick were both just Mike's imagination, unfortunately later episodes of each series would bring those crappy stories back into the mix. I still pretty much ignore them though.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It wants to be but it's clearly not. I mean do you honestly see goofy-ass Cowabunga Leo from the first 3 movies go on this world trek on his own? Naw.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:29 AM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I also liked to believe that the Justice Force episode in 4kids and the Pizzaface episode in Nick were both just Mike's imagination, unfortunately later episodes of each series would bring those crappy stories back into the mix. I still pretty much ignore them though.
Justice Force appear so often in the 2k3 series its hard to ignore them though. Although you're right had the first Silver Sentry ep just been a one-off, it could have just been a comic story Mike was imagining himself in. But that went out the window once the superheroes kept coming back.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #35
MathUser
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post

If not canon, at least teh Imagi Turtles have done some very similar adventures like the live-action movies, as well as meeting Triceratons and Mousers before the event of TMNT 2007
How on earth did they get that guys armor? I ain't seen TMNT3 for a while, but did they take off his armor at some point and bring it back with them? Did he come to the future somehow? And they got his armor off him then?

Also, don't forget that Aprils apartment from TMNT 2 appears in this film also.
MathUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #36
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathUser View Post
How on earth did they get that guys armor? I ain't seen TMNT3 for a while, but did they take off his armor at some point and bring it back with them? Did he come to the future somehow? And they got his armor off him then?

I haven't seen TMNT 3 in awhile as well, but it's possible that the turtles went back in another adventure or he came to the future somehow. (Maybe Savanti was involved?)
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:17 PM   #37
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathUser View Post

Lots of old armor is still around in the present, maybe April's company picked it up for them at some point.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #38
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Speaking of TMNT 2007, I'm editing the movie myself to enhance the enjoyment. I hated the intro with the long winded narrator ("4 brothers... 4 turtles..." + Winters and the portal planetary alignment Hercules ripoff origin) so I deleted that out and add in the first teaser (the one where they posed with their weapons and Mikey fell from the sky into a garbage container. Rendering takes 2 hours.

I might wanna edit out TMNT 2 Secret of the Ooze next - axing out Keeno, cringeworthy tame weaponless fights and other pointless things. It's like I'm being cleansed from the cringyness of the past.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:46 PM   #39
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Speaking of TMNT 2007, I'm editing the movie myself to enhance the enjoyment. I hated the intro with the long winded narrator ("4 brothers... 4 turtles..." ...
I agree. Definitely overrated.
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #40
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Speaking of TMNT 2007, I'm editing the movie myself to enhance the enjoyment.
Any chance you could edit out Kevin Smith?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tmnt 2007