The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #1
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

October 2017 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #75

Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Cory Smith (a & c) • Kevin Eastman (c) • Ben Bates (c)

“Trial of Krang,” part 3 of 3. The oversized conclusion to the Turtles' greatest extra-dimensional story arc is here! Both the prosecution and the defense have tricks up their sleeves as testimony gets emotional. Meanwhile, a war rages outside the courtroom as the Malignoid swarm engulfs Planet Neutrino!

FC | 48 pages | $7.99

Bullet points:
• An oversized epic that starts the road to TMNT #100!
• Courtroom drama and extra-dimensional war action all in one issue!
• Variant cover by Ben Bates!

Spoiler:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #15

Erik Burnham (w) • Sophie Campbell (a & c) • Freddie Williams II (c) • Kaori Matuso (c)

“Karai’s Path,” part 4 of 4. Tokyo is ablaze as a gang war spirals out of control. Karai returns with a secret weapon, but will she choose a path of peace or war? And what will that choice mean for the TMNT?

FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Bullet points:
• The conclusion to a new TMNT classic from Erik Burnham and Sophie Campbell!
• Variant cover by Kaori Matuso!

Spoiler:

Other solicitations here.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Starts the road to #100? I thought #51 did!? Leatherhead and Triceratons involved? Witnesses perhaps? Is Hack-r connected to Malinga or would his failure and capture caise Kramg to try again with Malinga?
Old 07-19-2017, 09:34 AM   #3
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Wow, Leatherhead being there is a real left turn. Cory's art is looking great
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Starts the road to #100? I thought #51 did!?
Uh, why can't it be both? It's pretty obvious every issue from 51 onward is building toward the 100 climax. Issue 75 is just the midpoint, like issue 25 was back when we were headed to issue 50.

If this Krang arc comes to a neat conclusion with not much loose ends, I imagine we'll head back to Bishop or Pantheon story arcs on the road to 100. There really isn't much room to add any other big story, and they still have Null to focus on whenever they remember she exists.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:52 PM   #5
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Uh, why can't it be both? It's pretty obvious every issue from 51 onward is building toward the 100 climax. Issue 75 is just the midpoint, like issue 25 was back when we were headed to issue 50.

If this Krang arc comes to a neat conclusion with not much loose ends, I imagine we'll head back to Bishop or Pantheon story arcs on the road to 100. There really isn't much room to add any other big story, and they still have Null to focus on whenever they remember she exists.
Well, in its defense, a Triceraton invasion (as well as Null's mutant agenda) could overlap nicely with the Bishop plot that already encompasses the Mutanimals and Stockman... I don't see how it could tie in, however, with the Pantheon plot and/or whatever role Splinter and the Foot still have to play.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:46 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well after #75, there's only 25 issues to the big 100. Bishop still needs another big arc about his backstory or the Burnow Island issue.

And of course we now have a lot of new Pantheon members who all need their own arcs too, like Jagwar, Manmoth, etc. So that could be a couple issues for each. Other than that they could cover Null in Universe so she doesn't interfere with the main story.

And other than that there's not much else, besides all the usual recurring characters like Old Hob/Mutanimals, Leatherhead, etc. all being mixed in with everyone. I think we'll see Fugitoid and the Neutrinos closed off after this arc for the time being.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well after #75, there's only 25 issues to the big 100. Bishop still needs another big arc about his backstory or the Burnow Island issue.

And of course we now have a lot of new Pantheon members who all need their own arcs too, like Jagwar, Manmoth, etc. So that could be a couple issues for each. Other than that they could cover Null in Universe so she doesn't interfere with the main story.

And other than that there's not much else, besides all the usual recurring characters like Old Hob/Mutanimals, Leatherhead, etc. all being mixed in with everyone. I think we'll see Fugitoid and the Neutrinos closed off after this arc for the time being.
Jagwar and Manmoth do not need their own arcs. They're simply there to round off the Pantheon.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:07 AM   #8
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

I wonder what's up with all the Leo clones.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #9
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Was it already known that Stump was in this?
He's there on #75 A beside Fugitoid and what I can assume is Sling
This looks like a great series. Love Cory's art
Also from the looks of this Cover A does anyone else get the impression that Donnie might not be going back with his brothers right away.
Something about his posture I guess
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:22 AM   #10
ChosenOne
Banned

I had a sneaking suspicion that Leatherhead would be one of the witnesses, or at least involved in some capacity, especially after Bobby commented that we'd be seeing him "sooner rather than later", and I'm kicking myself for not having mentioned it before now.

This is also probably where the Triceratons first take notice of the Turtles and/or Earth, so it's quite a big development that could have untold ramifications in the future. Is the #100 endgame a Triceraton invasion of Earth? No, it can't be. Can it...?

Just when we thought it couldn't get any better...
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #11
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
Was it already known that Stump was in this?
He's there on #75 A beside Fugitoid and what I can assume is Sling
This looks like a great series. Love Cory's art
Also from the looks of this Cover A does anyone else get the impression that Donnie might not be going back with his brothers right away.
Something about his posture I guess
You could be onto something regarding Donnie. Maybe he has to stay behind in Dimension X for a little while for diplomatic reasons or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I wonder what's up with all the Leo clones.
I'm guessing it's just a hallucination or illusion or something, and Karai is going to come back for the Foot Clan with a vengeance, blaming Leo for starting the chain of events that lead to her ousting
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:47 AM   #12
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Leatherhead, Triceratons, Neutrinos, Maligna, Krang, Fugitoid, OH MY!!!

My new username is gonna be a b!tch to type out.

Starts the road to #100, eh?

Triceraton War?
Old 07-19-2017, 12:05 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Leatherhead participated in Stump's Wrestling arena in Archie, and he actually fought Ace Duck there if I remember correctly, so I wonder if the same will happen here.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #14
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So...is anyone else wondering why they're still holding the trial if there's an invasion going on at the same time? Shouldn't they put things on a pause and deal with that?